Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Does your hair get greasy using the CO washing method?

Length
    1/34.6"/41
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Does your hair get greasy using the CO washing method?

Quote Originally Posted by KwaveT View Post
    I think this CO method works better for those with dry hair. It makes oily hair that much more oily. I developed a dandruff problem right on top of it so I went back to shampoo. I come against my dandruff issue spiritually and it has finally gone away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tisiloves View Post
    Really? I find it makes my hair less oily, so do many others. I suppose it depends if/how reactive your scalp is.
    Agreed. CO has changed my hair and made it possible to not wash daily. My guess is because it's less stripping so the scalp isn't overproducing oils to catch up anymore.
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 CL 15 16 17 18 SL 20 21 22 23 APL 25 26 27 BSL 28 29 30 31 32 WL 34 35 36 HL 38 39 40 TB

Length
    Waist/Chin/Neck
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Mine didn't get greasier, but it didnät get any drier either. The conditioner did build up nad made my hair heavier, so I needed to clarify regularly to remove the excess. The build up I had was waxy, and looked and felt a bit like greasy hair.

Length
    57"/53"/50"
    Type
    2b/M/C/iii

I'm trying CO for the third time now. Guessing that it should be a charm!

This time around it's working better than it did before. I've only kept up with it for a month and a half though, and I realize now that I need to do use diluted shampoo for my scalp every third wash or so. Maybe it'd be better if I could find the perfect conditioner for my hair, but I'm dead set on making it work with the ones I already have at home. Or at least making it work okay until I finish the bottles and can try new ones.

The most important thing for making it work for me is rinsing. I'm rinsing like a mofo now, and what used to take about 2 minutes of rinsing with shampoo is now 15 minutes with conditioner. While I rinse I massage the hell out of my scalp too, which works fine.
    It really shows if I missed a spot or two!

And I have no idea why, but my hair is such a pain in the butt to detangle now. It has never been fun to detangle, but now it's way worse than it ever have been. If anyone have a solution to that, please let me know!

Length
    12/32/35
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Same for me. I did everything right, and did it for about a year, but had to go back to shampoo. I even tried it again after that, but no way. CO leaves my hair heavy and greasy shortly after doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    It was just the opposite for me. The first couple of times that I did it, I thought CO was the most wonderful cleansing method EVER. However, the more times I did it, the more coated, lank, and awful my hair became. CWC with diluted shampoo; that's the ticket (for me). I throw a CO into the mix every once in awhile if I feel I've been washing my hair too often.
    Started growing at 42. Always admired and wanted long hair. Thrilled to find waves!!!

2b-F-ii

Length
    28/28/40
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but it has been super helpful. I tried CO for a while a couple years ago and it was awful, it left my hair greasy and heavy. I am going to attempt CO again here soon, following the "proper" method and will hopefully have better results.
    Proverbs 3:5-6

BSL ~ WL ~ HL ~ TBL ~ CLASSIC

Length
    15/28/35
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

I do a co wash every 2nd or 3rd wash and it helps keep the curls in much better condition. I also throw in semi-regular moisture treatments and an occasional change of products. My hair likes the variety. That said, my greasy hair nearly vanished after I started oiling my hair so for me, CO is entirely for extra moisture when I need it.
    ​So...knee?

Length
    25ish/31/40+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Everyone's already answered the scalp thing. I'll say the first time I did co, I was using a silicone conditioner, and it did not work that well. But this time I'm using Trader Jo's tea tree tingle, and it's working much better. I only get greasy when I put too much other crap in my hair.
    "All things strive."
    Waist-length, and (grudgingly) rocking the fairytale ends. Hoping for hip by the end of 2019 with at least a semi-decent hemline. Ultimate goal of TBL...or longer.

Length
    12/32/35
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lovetoread View Post
    Sorry to dig up an old thread, but it has been super helpful. I tried CO for a while a couple years ago and it was awful, it left my hair greasy and heavy. I am going to attempt CO again here soon, following the "proper" method and will hopefully have better results.
    This is why the method didn't work out for me no matter what conditioner I tried. My hair was okay for a few hours, but then it would be greasy and heavy.
    Started growing at 42. Always admired and wanted long hair. Thrilled to find waves!!!

2b-F-ii