Page 1127 of 1492 FirstFirst ... 12762710271077111711251126112711281129113711771227 ... LastLast
Results 11,261 to 11,270 of 14914

Thread: Buzz | Ear | Chin

I'd rather be outside browneyedsusan's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Any Super-Shorties Out There???

Quote Originally Posted by kdaniels8811 View Post
    My hair is finally at waist after four years of growing out from bald from chemo. The very longest ends, anyway, my hair is all layers after growing out from the scalp. I have refused to cut no matter what, wore lots of clips and headbands until I could finally bun the length and it has been up ever since. The last 6 inches are very damaged from the chemo but oils and catnip soaks and keeping it bunned has kept it in check. I figure one more year and I will be at HIP!! Yay! So patience and staying away from scissors will make for long hair.

Browneyedsusan - your hair looks better all the time!
    Thanks, kdaniels8811!
    I've been watching your progress, too!
    Stay well, and happy growing!

henna keeps it
    red, and red makes me happy.
    Pixied for 15+ years and liked it.
    Growing for fun.

Length
    13/18/36
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

First post! Have been growing out my super-short (around 3-4 inches) pixie cut for a little over a year. It's at the stage now where it looks like a short bob, rather than an awkward shaggy in-between monster, and it's juuust long enough to tie up. The downside is that my fringe still won't quite tuck behind my ears, and if I leave my hair down the ends flick out really awkwardly. I miss the days when I could get up and leave the house without having to do anything to my locks...

Length
    6/24.5/45"
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Oh this is so me! Super short hair, like, not even to my ears short....Hi!!

Length
    Pixie/Chin/BSL
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

I'm growing out my pixie cut! I cut my just below shoulder length hair to a pixie in October because 1. I had some serious fall out due to insufficient diet and stress, and 2. I was frustrated with life in general and needed a change..so there went the hair. I think it was the right choice for the time, but my goal was always to grow it out again sometime. I started growing it long again in March and have it to an uneven chin length, next trim scheduled for the end of the sept. I'm using low heat blow drying to style, but no straight irons this time which makes it difficult to manage my curly-ish hair. Just unhappy with my hair right now and hoping it grows into what I want it to be. Long, shiny, soft, healthy and thick (or at least not thin and ratty looking). Glad I was pointed towards this thread to get support from other shorties going long!

Length
    13/18/36
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by RSunny View Post
    I'm using low heat blow drying to style, but no straight irons this time which makes it difficult to manage my curly-ish hair.
    I feel your pain! I'm trying to entirely avoid heat, but it's so difficult to deal with my hair at this particular length. When it was shorter, it seemed fine, and when it's long (comfortably past shoulders) it dries nice and straight, but at the moment it flicks out awkwardly all over the place. At the moment I'm tying it up in a boring tiny ponytail and trying to scrape the strays away from my face with endless bobby pins. Do not like

Length
    2/SL/28
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

I feel your pain with the annoying length I am currently at (bottom of the ear/chinnish depending on the wave and the day, but I am SO sick of my hair looking blasé right now. I refuse to get it reshaped an lose any length until I get longer, but it no longer seems intentionally short and perky like a pixie or long and swingy like anything else. I had some cute styles pinning up the front and sides the other day, but when I used a second mirror to check out the back it looked really strange with my cowlick and shorter length. I just have to hold out for my good waves that come at longer lengths.

Length
    Pixie/Chin/BSL
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

I'm a little nervous that I'm shedding too much hair. I brush my hair with a bbb to distribute oils throughout my hair, to condition and extend shampoos; I don't brush vigorously and some hair comes out during this. Then when I shampoo, I've started noticing hair collecting around the drain. I wasn't sure if this was due to my hair getting longer and being more noticeable (or just not going down the drain), but now I'm not sure. it seems like the people who successfully grow out their hair lose no more than 50 hairs per day. I just did a oil deep conditioning treatment and lost hair when applying the oil and then hair in the drain when i washed it out; I tried to count the number of hairs but lost count at 50, so I'm losing over 50 hairs per day or so I'm guessing. I want to maintain long full hair and at ii I don't have the iii amount of hair to work with in terms of shedding and keeping thick hair. At the same time it seems like when I just run my finger through my hair, I'm not coming away with much hair at all. I've started to take a low dose iron supplement just in case, no more than I would from a multivitamin. I've also started taking a digestive supplement to make sure I'm fully utilizing my food. When I started growing my hair it seems like I was losing practically no hair and I wasn't eating suuuper healthy, but generally i do eat healthier than most.

Am I losing too much?
    How can I lose less?

This was the problem that put me in a position to cut my hair short the first time.

Please help!

I'd rather be outside browneyedsusan's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by RSunny View Post
    I'm a little nervous that I'm shedding too much hair. I brush my hair with a bbb to distribute oils throughout my hair, to condition and extend shampoos; I don't brush vigorously and some hair comes out during this. Then when I shampoo, I've started noticing hair collecting around the drain. I wasn't sure if this was due to my hair getting longer and being more noticeable (or just not going down the drain), but now I'm not sure. it seems like the people who successfully grow out their hair lose no more than 50 hairs per day. I just did a oil deep conditioning treatment and lost hair when applying the oil and then hair in the drain when i washed it out; I tried to count the number of hairs but lost count at 50, so I'm losing over 50 hairs per day or so I'm guessing. I want to maintain long full hair and at ii I don't have the iii amount of hair to work with in terms of shedding and keeping thick hair. At the same time it seems like when I just run my finger through my hair, I'm not coming away with much hair at all. I've started to take a low dose iron supplement just in case, no more than I would from a multivitamin. I've also started taking a digestive supplement to make sure I'm fully utilizing my food. When I started growing my hair it seems like I was losing practically no hair and I wasn't eating suuuper healthy, but generally i do eat healthier than most.

Am I losing too much?
    How can I lose less?

This was the problem that put me in a position to cut my hair short the first time.

Please help!
    Relax. You might be going through a little shed or something similiar? Sometimes, I think hair falls out for fun! Keep eating right, get some exercise, and enough rest. It'll straighten up. My hair is on the thin side, but it looks okay? (For reference: I'm wearing a sloppy frenchbraid today with the front slipping out. The elastic is about 8" from the bottom, and the tail isn't as thick as a Sharpie. It's bigger than a pencil, though!)

Your hair doesn't have to be super thick to look nice.

--FWIW: My post-partum shed was one for the record books: Hairdresser actually gasped when she inspected my hairline! She said, "I've seen lots of after-baby sheds, but none ever like this!" Gee, thanks. That's not wonderful to hear.
    That was 17 years ago. It's better now, but not nearly as thick as when I was a young woman. Ya, it would be lovely to have thicker hair, but I don't. Too bad, so sad.

henna keeps it
    red, and red makes me happy.
    Pixied for 15+ years and liked it.
    Growing for fun.

Length
    2/SL/28
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

I had my last mullet trim last month and am now pretty evenly at jaw length, so just going to let it grow all around. I got annoyed thinking of how long it will take to get from here to anything really long and braid-able, but I am also going to try to enjoy the "perks"of this length: how fast it dries, how cool it feels in this hot weather, how it shows off my nicer earrings...that's all I got, ha, ha, really wanting long hair, actually. I found an old picture of myself with almost waist length and really almost kicked myself for ever cutting that off, but I know I wanted and embraced the pixie at the time I did it, so no point in rethinking it.

Length
    2/SL/28
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

Also, following some pinterest boards of how to grow out a pixie. Those are helpful for ideas and some inspiration, although I just ignore all the suggestions to color, straighten or curl with heat (how do they expect to keep it growing well if one is doing those things constantly?)