Page 965 of 1492 FirstFirst ... 465865915955963964965966967975101510651465 ... LastLast
Results 9,641 to 9,650 of 14914

Thread: Buzz | Ear | Chin

I'd rather be outside browneyedsusan's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Any Super-Shorties Out There???

Changling, your hair looks great! (I have hair envy...)

Length
    Chin/Neck/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Thanks browneyedsusan and oktobergoud ^__^ I'm just so pleased to have arrived in Real Hair Ville.

lol omg oktober, you say "fivehead" too!! My little sister calls it that, too, I always thought it was hilarious XD
    Miss my ponytail.
    Undercut~chin~midneck~shoulder~collarbone~APL~BSL~waist

Wow.... this is a LONG thread!!! I wanna join!!! I am a super shortie for sure.... although nowhere near as short as I was a year ago. This picture was taken about 2 months ago (my hair is chin length), but in May of 2011 I totally chopped the mop down to 1 inch. I decided to just cut off all of the henna instead of damaging my APL hair. I actually liked the pixie and faux hawk I was rocking, but I just feel more comfortable in my skin when I have long hair, so now I am growing it out.

Type
    2a/F/M/i

I was watching Parenthood the other day, and I can't wait to get this girl's length!

Note how it's more jaw length rather than chin. I'd say it's a realistic goal for me! It's funny, cause in March when I cut my hair last, I thought I'd be hitting ear length by July. But, my hair is JUST about ear length now! One side is ever-so-slightly longer than the other, but not by much. When my hair is wet, it completely covers my ears. (stupid waves, making it shorter than it is, gah!) Sooo, maybe my hair grows faster than I thought? Cause it seems like I was off by a whole inch! Cah-razy!

Maybe I'll hit jaw length soon? *crosses fingers*
    Last edited by icallitbliss; May 14th, 2012 at 12:24 PM.
    Chin length bob for now. At least it's all pretty much healthy!

Type
    2a/F/M/i

Quote Originally Posted by Changling View Post

OMG my hair has reached a length that is like...a REAL haircut! This is the first time since my close shave grew out of pixie-phase that I actually LIKED my hair It has been a long year, and now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. From here on, I'm quite sure the worst is over (I've grown out from jaw length before, didn't bother me at all). It was hard to believe that this day would ever come, but it has ^__^

I'm sure there will be other times when I am frustrated with my length, or cut, and/or growth rate, and will become angsty at my hair again. But someday within the foreseeable future, I will be able to make a ponytail, and that will just make growing so. much. easier.

Looks great! How long did it take you to get there?

Length
    Chin/Neck/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by icallitbliss View Post
    Looks great! How long did it take you to get there?
    Thank you It's been one year since the last time it looked good (pixie length), and about a year and a half since I shaved my head. It was a very long growing-out period of just...weird-looking hair. It was so worth it though, I hereby swear to never cut shorter than chin-length again!
    Miss my ponytail.

Type
    2a/F/M/i

Quote Originally Posted by Changling View Post
    Thank you It's been one year since the last time it looked good (pixie length), and about a year and a half since I shaved my head. It was a very long growing-out period of just...weird-looking hair. It was so worth it though, I hereby swear to never cut shorter than chin-length again!
    Wow, I shaved my hair a year and a half ago, too! (well, buzzed, but it was pretty damn short!)

It's just taken so long cause 7 months after that I chopped it into a short pixie and then trimmed every so often. Now I refuse to touch it. Kinda wish my hair was still light like that, though. :/ Was your hair a different color when you had it shaved? Mine seemed to grow darker/redder as it grew in.

And I know what you mean. Having short hair is definitely a fun experience, but I don't think I can handle growing this crap out AGAIN. It just sucks cause I find short hair on girls so alluring, and like once a year, no matter how grown out my hair is, I get the urge to snip. Maybe this time I'll remember what it felt like to grow, and how painful that was/is.

Length
    Chin/Neck/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/ii

My hair definitely looked lighter when it was very short. Almost looked light blonde, even though I'm a dark auburn/brown naturally. I guess the hair darkens up as it ages?

And yeah, I stopped shaving my head with the idea that I was going to grow it out long and not dye it anymore, so I barely trimmed this whole time. I had one all-over trim probably six months ago, and another about a month ago, to keep the ends healthy. Other than that I just chop off the back every time it starts to look mullet-y, I'm going for all-one-length.

I'm hoping to grow enough this summer that I can get an all-over trim to chin length when school starts back up again, to even it out.
    Miss my ponytail.

Length
    pixie/shoul/waist
    Type
    2c/F/iii

I need help sticking to my hair goals. I thought that sharing them might help me feel more accountable. My ultimate goal is waist, but my next goal is shoulder. I'm so close to it! My hair is just brushing the top of my traps (reaches the bottom of the knob at the nape of my neck) so I probably have 2 more inches to go to shoulder. Wee!

I've been a once-every-3-months salon trimmer for as long as I can remember. My last trim was in March, but I want to go until the end of August until my next trim. If my hair grows half an inch per month, I should just be reaching shoulder. In order to not need a trim until August, I plan on using coconut oil daily, SMT once a week, NO HEAT STYLING until Sep. 1. Wear hair up as frequently as possible-- peacock twists, ponytails, french braid (my hair just this month got long enough to braid, but no tail).

I know that this is how I should treat my hair all the time, but it'll be a change for me. Wish me luck!!
    You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
    Growing my short pixie since feb. 2011

Length
    Chin/Neck/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I have to talk about something, because it is like, eating me alive. It is totally not hair related, just a heads up.

I got a call from my mom while I was at work today saying that Dad was in the hospital because he started having seizures. He's never had them before, he just had one and didn't know what it was, then he had a few more before getting to the emergency room. They found a tumor on his brain, don't know if it's cancerous, but they said it was small and easy to remove, so he was sent to a bigger hospital and he's having surgery tomorrow.

He had anger and depression issues, and we did NOT get along very well for most of my childhood. Now we get along REALLY well. Stupidly well, like it doesn't even make sense.

Tomorrow my boyfriend is driving me up to the hospital, about two hours away, to visit him. My younger sister is coming down to visit the next day, and our youngest sister is watching the house and animals (my parents have a fiber farm, a dog, and five cats). I don't like us all being split up like this.

This is kind of the selfish part. I just can't feel good at all. I can't enjoy anything. I don't abhor death, and I don't even think my dad is going to die from this. I just don't WANT my dad to have a brain tumor. Like really, really bad. I don't want to face the prospect of not seeing him ever again for the rest of my life, which, to me, is what death is. And I can't stop thinking these thoughts, even when I'd really rather just eat my dinner or watch a movie in peace. I guess I just sort of have to sit here and feel the pain until it goes away...?

Sorry. Morbid. I guess that's all I had to say.
    :/
    Miss my ponytail.