Page 962 of 1492 FirstFirst ... 462862912952960961962963964972101210621462 ... LastLast
Results 9,611 to 9,620 of 14914

Thread: Buzz | Ear | Chin

Length
    14/15/MBL
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Any Super-Shorties Out There???

Congratualtions, Qadupae!

Welcome, Louise!

I know what you mean, Xcalibur Girl about being in that wierd transitional place right now. I am trying to maintain a good set of bangs, getting them cut on a regular basis while letting the rest grow. I have a great hairdresser who is very LHC-supportive. The other day I color-corrected with a temperory, deposit-only haircolor:
    http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/...west/TLHC8.jpg

Also adding my own highlights as needed. I'm probably able to get away with a lot more that my hair is shorter, trying to "hide" damage and oilyness by washing being bit harsher then it would be if I had long hair. Some would chop all the damage off and start over... I just don't have the desire or guts to do that. My damage is not so far on the scale of being "fried", but I def notice it being dry at the tips at times.

Thanks, Louise....Greyhounds are awesome dogs! When you get to 25 posts, you can see my member profile with more pics of her. And, hopefully the uploading to profile problem will be resolved by then so you can add yours too.
    "It's delightful when your imaginations come true, isn't it?”
    L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

Length
    5/11/MBL

My hair was 5 inches long Oct 26,2011. It is now 8.5 inches long 7 mo later. Not long, but getting there! (I also had 2 trims to get it one length during that time). i have fine hair, so my hair gets straw-like at the ends after a few months, and then it tangles and knots, even using detangler and heat protector. I just keep a picture, like you have, of someone with my hair type with BSL, and I look at it ehen i feel it will never get long. It helps.

Length
    Ear/BSL/Term
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

My hair is growing but I'm still here.

I have no idea what to call this length. Definitely longer than chin but really not at all shoulder.

Length
    5/11/MBL

Holothuroidea....definitely getting there. You will be shoulder in 2-4 months!

Length
    pixie/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by constructamane View Post
    My hair was 5 inches long Oct 26,2011. It is now 8.5 inches long 7 mo later. Not long, but getting there! (I also had 2 trims to get it one length during that time). i have fine hair, so my hair gets straw-like at the ends after a few months, and then it tangles and knots, even using detangler and heat protector. I just keep a picture, like you have, of someone with my hair type with BSL, and I look at it ehen i feel it will never get long. It helps.
    Are you me? Haha I feel you! I have really fine hair as well and the ends get really annoying after a few months. I've been cutting it a lot too to get it one length and stuff, blaah.

It feels like it's taking forever! I do like my hair but I just can't wait to do some proper up-do's or a proper pony. One day.. one day

I have also bought some Tea Tree Oil for my skin but thought I could also use it on my scalp, maybe? I'm thinking about diluting it with water and then spraying it on my scalp between washes, or would that be too harsh on my scalp? Sometimes it gets icky and smelly and I guess Tea Tree Oil is good for fighting bacteria and stuff.. sometimes I think my hair smells because of those bacteria, but sometimes I wonder if it's just the henna + sebum :P

Oh and I have just quit hormonal birth control for about 3 weeks or so? And my skin is a lot more oily, I think my scalp as well! Annoying >:[
    Last edited by oktobergoud; May 4th, 2012 at 02:10 AM.

pixie. bob. chin length. shoulder. collarbone. APL. BSL. Waist?
    My hair journal! & My portfolio

Length
    2"/5"/APL
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Thanks for the warm welcomes

holothuroidea I know that stage all to well. I have been cutting then growing my hair for about the last 15 Years. I decide to grow it get to almost shoulder length, lose patience cut it short, get bored and start growing again. This time I am hoping this forum will keep me on track. I also found a picture of me from about 17/18 years ago and my hair is just past my shoulders.

While my hair is unlikely to get any longer than that as it never has, not even in childhood, I had forgot it had ever been that long at all. So i want to try and get there again but since it is currently only at at roughly 3 inches and about to turn into a bowl cut I have a long way to go.

I've been taking vits and MSM for about the last 3 months and I think it feels fuller (although that may also be that I am no longer bleaching it ever 2 months) and I have just added whey protein shakes. So I'm hoping these things will get it going a little quicker and maybe a bit thicker than usual...fingers crossed!

Louise x

Once and Future Long-Hair XcaliburGirl's Avatar
    Length
    23/27.5/CL 44
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by holothuroidea View Post
    My hair is growing but I'm still here.

I have no idea what to call this length. Definitely longer than chin but really not at all shoulder.
    I know what you mean, but I definitely see some good growth from your previous signature picture.

I'm pretty much at what I'm calling "slouching shoulder length" or "shower shoulder length". When my hair is dry and I'm sitting up straight, though, it still looks really far away. The shoulder to APL people are nice; I've been slowing transitioning over there.
    I want to finally get back to Classic. Growing again starting March 2018.

Length
    Pixie/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

me too I am still here!! I am in this weird chin to shoulder transition. i call it the shoulder flirting length kekeke... i think it will be a good year before I can actually enjoy my growth or have it look like anything major... so I'll stick around
    ..: Amethyste ~ The Manic Panicked Thereminist :..
    www.soundcloud.com/amethyste

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Shoulder flirting! Haha... love it.

I haven't been on in ages but I have posted a thread in the mane forum with a photo of my hair post-cut! It was done 2 weeks ago now but it looks pretty cool I think!
    To bra strap length, and beyond!
    *Pixie*Shag*Jaw*Shoulder*Collarbone*APLBSL

Length
    pixie/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by XcaliburGirl View Post
    The shoulder to APL people are nice; I've been slowing transitioning over there.
    Noeeeeeeeees!! Sometimes I feel like I'll be the only left in this thread after a while, lol!! Shoulder length seems to take ages.. oh well, I do keep on cutting my hair so maybe I should stop doing that

And I found this on Tumblr: http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/natural...hair-treatment

Would you do it?? I think it's quite nasty! But maybe.. maaaaaaybe, if I got it for free, I'm not sure if I would decline :P Just out of curiosity! Isn't there bull smegma or something in lip balm as well? I don't know.. I don't want to know haha.

I also wonder how they would get that stuff

Anyway, how are you doin'?

I'm slowly.. VERY VERY SLOWLY growing my hair longer than chin length lol. The waves are a bit annoying and if I had a heating iron or something I'd use it just once.. to see how long my hair REALLY is... but I don't have one so I won't

And I made single French braid today!! I was amazed at how I was able to do one.. okay some hair fell out but not as much as I thought it would! Yay! Can't wear it out in the public yet lol, but maybe in half a year or so
    Last edited by oktobergoud; May 6th, 2012 at 06:40 AM.

pixie. bob. chin length. shoulder. collarbone. APL. BSL. Waist?
    My hair journal! & My portfolio