Page 170 of 267 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 2666

Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Length
    12''/APL/knee

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

I'm starting to use castor oil again! Right now I have a mixture of avocado oil, castor oil, triple moon oil and a few drops of tee tree and rosemary EO's. I'm going to try and use it twice a week, we shall see what happens!
    Shoulder--APL--BSL(By summer 2012?)--WL--Hip--Classic--Mid thigh--KNEE

Length
    Shldr/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Did my third castor oil over night treatment yesterday. I havent noticed any growth yet, but I think I need to do them more often, it just slips my mind, or the timing is off. I will step up my game now!

Length
    11/18.11/40 :)
    Type
    1c/M/C/i/ii

I use it on my lashes and I noticed that they are kind of thicker to touch and they don't fall of that much (if anything!)
    I use it on my hair also, usually massage my scalp with it and then apply coconut and other oils. It's been 3-4 weeks since I started massaging my scalp with it so I don't see the results (yet)

Length
    --/36,5/44
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I'd love to try this also, but how does one apply this? I mean, whenever I put any oil in my hair, even the smallest amount, makes me look like a total greaseball. So, how can it be used without losing the benefit but in the same time not having to walk around with greasy hair. I read some do it before washing hair, but, doesnt it destroy the effect by rinsing it out again? If not, I wanna give this a try too
    BSL ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ BCL ~ TB ~ Classic
    25 ~~ 29 ~~ 32 ~~ 36,5 ~~ 38,5 ~~ 42
    Lady Moneta of the Generous Heart in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    28/33/34
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I can see results with my eyelashes and eyebrows, but with my hair not so much. I've been doing them weekly for a few months now, I thought I saw some new baby hairs but most of them seem to have gone again. And I seem to shed less during washing if I don't oil it. I'm wondering if I'm just making my shedding/thinning worse rather than fixing it
    "I will never be Milo either; nevertheless, I don't neglect my body. (...) In short, we do not abandon any discipline for despair of ever being the best in it" - Epictetus

Length
    TBL/BSL+/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

anyone tried diluting castor oil with an ayurvedic oil? I want to mix mine with neelibhringadi oil but I'm afraid the ayurvedic oil will lose its benefits.

Length
    18/bob/n/a
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Alva View Post
    I'd love to try this also, but how does one apply this? I mean, whenever I put any oil in my hair, even the smallest amount, makes me look like a total greaseball. So, how can it be used without losing the benefit but in the same time not having to walk around with greasy hair. I read some do it before washing hair, but, doesnt it destroy the effect by rinsing it out again? If not, I wanna give this a try too
    My hair always looked terribly greasy with any oils too, but what I've been doing is putting it on my scalp and the ends, letting it sit for two hours, then coating my hair with conditioner and letting it sit for twenty minutes. (Both times I let it sit it's under a shower cap.) Using this method my hair, which previously would be greasy even after shampooing twice, looks 100% clean after simply rinsing the conditioner out. It's amazing!!

I don't know if it destroys the effect of it at all...maybe someone else can answer that for you.

Length
    BSL/BSL/TB
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Alva, it is my understanding that it works by applying it to the scalp, and leaving it in for a couple of hours or overnight, and then washing it out. Unless someone has extremely thick hair, I don't know how one could go out with it in their hair- it is pretty greasy!

I think I've gotten good results. It's hard to know what exactly is making it grow, since I'm taking care of my hair in a few ways, but it is easy and cheap, and the massage feels great.
    Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~Kahlil Gibran

Length
    Shldr/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

I usually do it before bedtime, then rinse it out the next morning. I seem to remember reading that it should be on for minimum one hour, so that is probably enough. You can maximise the effect by doing a relly good scalp massage, do some exercise to get the blood pumping, or even stand on your head to get extra bloodflow to your scalp.

Length
    --/36,5/44
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Thanks all for the replies! I am definitely gonna look into this! Not sure if the overnight thing would work for me, but on a free day having it in for some hours and then wash should be possible. My hair is very fine so keeping it in while going outside is a totally bad plan I guess the massage is helpful too, and even that alone might already stimulate some extra growth. However, standing on my head I am not sure about lol I'm not such a gymnastic
    BSL ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ BCL ~ TB ~ Classic
    25 ~~ 29 ~~ 32 ~~ 36,5 ~~ 38,5 ~~ 42
    Lady Moneta of the Generous Heart in the Order of the Long Haired Knights