Thread: Has something happened with cassia obovata? Can't find it from shops anymore, only

Default Has something happened with cassia obovata? Can't find it from shops anymore, only

...cassia auriculata, that's even weaker hairdye than the obovata version. I found this info from web:

"Prior to 2016 when one ordered ‘cassia’ from henna exporters in India, Cassia obovata was provided. By 2020,
    suppliers changed to Cassia auriculata, often without informing their clients, or knowing themselves that there had
    been a change in raw supplies. The information here will help you determine which plant you have and how to
    adjust to the difference. At present, Ancient Sunrise® only has Cassia auriculata in stock and has not yet found a
    new source for Cassia obovata, Senna italica, which has decreased in commercial production."
    hennaforhair.com
    http://www.hennaforhair.com › ...(PDF
    Ancient Sunrise® Clarity, Cassia auriculata - Henna for Hair)

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: Has something happened with cassia obovata? Can't find it from shops anymore, onl

I couldn't tell you whether it's obovata, auriculata, or what else, but have you tried looking for things labeled "senna" rather than "cassia"? Senna is available as a purgative at nearly every grocery store here.

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Has something happened with cassia obovata? Can't find it from shops anymore, onl

That's interesting. I've never noticed but I just picked up some more cassia and after reading your post, I looked and it's Senna auriculata. I live near a bunch of Indian grocery stores. I think I'll look around and see if anyone has Cassia obovata.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

I found that in Amazon they still sell obovata... I hope they have the name right. Maybe they still have it in stock.