Page 26 of 267 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Length
    22/31/term
    Type
    2c/F/i

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

I read a book called "Grow Hair Fast" by Hofstein. In it she prescribes castor oil and white iodine for hair growth (amoung other things). The white iodine is food grade iodine, its hard to find and you would probably have to buy it online. The recipe is equal parts castor oil and white iodine. You are supposed to apply it to the scalp and leave it on everyday. And wash your hair 1x per day with aritha or a pure castile soap infused with rosemary and herbs that promote hair growth.

You might want to get the book if you are serious about hair growth. Or ask me as I have read the book.

Length
    15.5/22.5/30
    Type
    2b/C/iii

@ Totte: Thank you, thank you! I'll have to try that.

Length
    15.5/22.5/30
    Type
    2b/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Annalouise View Post
    I read a book called "Grow Hair Fast" by Hofstein. In it she prescribes castor oil and white iodine for hair growth (amoung other things). The white iodine is food grade iodine, its hard to find and you would probably have to buy it online. The recipe is equal parts castor oil and white iodine. You are supposed to apply it to the scalp and leave it on everyday. And wash your hair 1x per day with aritha or a pure castile soap infused with rosemary and herbs that promote hair growth.

You might want to get the book if you are serious about hair growth. Or ask me as I have read the book.
    Have you tried this method? If so, what were your results? This method sounds very interesting! I'd love to know more.

Length
    15/24/30(?)
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lascuba View Post
    I tried this last night. Mixed castor oil with EVOO and massaged it into my scalp, and CO washed this morning. My hair is still a bit greasy but with my curls it's not really noticeable. There was a lot of shedding in the shower. It seemed excessive, since I ACV washed yesterday and I only shed that much if I skip washes. I'll try it a few more times and give up if the shedding continues. For those of you who had good results, how often did you use this?

And has anyone noticed any...errr...digestive side effects? I'm sure it's just a coincidence, but I'd like some confirmation.
    I totally noticed "digestive side effects." I was like "Whoa!!"
    (pre-LHC)

Length
    22/31/term
    Type
    2c/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by LightSabr View Post
    Have you tried this method? If so, what were your results? This method sounds very interesting! I'd love to know more.
    I just started it about one week ago, so too early to tell. I haven't used the castor oil/ white iodine method yet because I have to order the white iodine online and I haven't done that yet.

I'm supposed to take pictures of my scalp before and after 3 months as well as measure the length. I will do that today, thanks for reminding me. Then I will know if it made my hair grow faster or not.

There are several scalp stimulator recipes and the castor oil/ white iodine is just one. I am using one recipe that is:
    6 tsp rosemary oil
    3 tsp basil oil
    3 tsp lavender oil
    2 tsp lemon oil
    Applied to the scalp nightly.

In the daytime the scalp stimulater is thus:
    3 ounces of cayenne pepper
    a fifth of vodka
    combine and let stand 15 days then strain. put on scalp every morning then brush and style hair. (strand test if you have blond hair).

You also have to brush your hair morning and night upside down with a bbb to stimulate the hair. And you have to wash your hair daily with herbal concoctions. And there are a ton of other recipes for conditioning treatments and split end treatments and etc...

Its a pretty cool book. But I won't know if it worked for 3 months or so. Keep in touch and I'll let you know.

Length
    Pixie/BSL/WL
    Type
    1c/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseCheeses View Post
    I started using castor oil about a month ago, not on my hair but as part of a blend to clean my face.

Lately, I've noticed all the baby hairs around my hairline have been multiplying and becoming more prominent (i.e, annoying). I didn't think anything of it until I saw this thread, but I would not be surprised if it was related. Maybe I should rethink my practice of also using my castor/jojoba blend to moisturize my face - I might start growing a mustache! :-P

I haven't tried it on my scalp yet - I don't like the idea of it darkening my hair. I'd rather keep the blonde and a thin circumference. For me, I will be trying other ways to thicken my hair.
    I've actually been wondering about this. I've researched OCM (Oil Cleansing Method) which uses castor oil, and I've ordered a one liter bottle of castor oil (amongst others), but I'm really worried about it increasing the fuzz on my face. I've always thought it was very nasty, even though they're very light and blonde. They interfere with make-up and everything. I generally wax or epilate my cheeks and jawline... I'm even thinking about getting it lasered if I ever have money for that kind of thing.

Length
    15.5/22.5/30
    Type
    2b/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Annalouise View Post
    I just started it about one week ago, so too early to tell. I haven't used the castor oil/ white iodine method yet because I have to order the white iodine online and I haven't done that yet.

I'm supposed to take pictures of my scalp before and after 3 months as well as measure the length. I will do that today, thanks for reminding me. Then I will know if it made my hair grow faster or not.

There are several scalp stimulator recipes and the castor oil/ white iodine is just one. I am using one recipe that is:
    6 tsp rosemary oil
    3 tsp basil oil
    3 tsp lavender oil
    2 tsp lemon oil
    Applied to the scalp nightly.

In the daytime the scalp stimulater is thus:
    3 ounces of cayenne pepper
    a fifth of vodka
    combine and let stand 15 days then strain. put on scalp every morning then brush and style hair. (strand test if you have blond hair).

You also have to brush your hair morning and night upside down with a bbb to stimulate the hair. And you have to wash your hair daily with herbal concoctions. And there are a ton of other recipes for conditioning treatments and split end treatments and etc...

Its a pretty cool book. But I won't know if it worked for 3 months or so. Keep in touch and I'll let you know.
    Thanks! You'll have to keep me posted. I've been looking for a good EO combo for ages.

Length
    -APL/BSL/WAIST
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Has any one here used Castor Oil and Monistat and has any info on which works better?

I'll been using Monitat...but it's expansive. I am assuming castor oil (diluted) would be cheaper...and if it works as well...I would love to convert!

THANKS!
    My goal is to reach WAIST by 12/12/12
    This pic is my starting point on 11/11/11

Length
    3/9/16
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

About how much does Castor oil usually cost?

I'd like to try this because my hair doesn't grow fast at all. The thing I'm really worried about is how it will affect my scalp, even if mixed with another oil. I don't wash my hair everyday because it kills my hair, but my scalp tends to be a bit oily and very flaky. What kind of oil could I use with the castor oil that won't agitate my already highly picky scalp?

Length
    -APL/BSL/WAIST
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

I am now an occasional monistat user but its been getting expensive.

I had been seeing castor oil mentioned here and there...so I tried it tonight.

It was was too sticky and did not wash out well at all. I had to CO twice and its still not really all out. At least the monistat rinses right out with WO.

So...its back to the Moni$tat!
    My goal is to reach WAIST by 12/12/12
    This pic is my starting point on 11/11/11