Page 27 of 267 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

Quote Originally Posted by JuneBride View Post
    Has any one here used Castor Oil and Monistat and has any info on which works better?

I'll been using Monitat...but it's expansive. I am assuming castor oil (diluted) would be cheaper...and if it works as well...I would love to convert!

THANKS!
    Castor oil is usually said to help reduce shedding and promote growth of new hair, so it basically helps thicken hair (bigger ponytail circumference) and monistat is suppose to help your hair grow faster; so they have different applications, although there have been people who reported faster growth with Castor oil. For me personally the faster growth with Castor oil only happened in the first few weeks of using it.
    If Monistat is too expensive and you want faster growth you might want to look into biotin. I'm not sure if there would be a price difference but it's worth looking into, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by JuneBride View Post
    I am now an occasional monistat user but its been getting expensive.

I had been seeing castor oil mentioned here and there...so I tried it tonight.

It was was too sticky and did not wash out well at all. I had to CO twice and its still not really all out. At least the monistat rinses right out with WO.

So...its back to the Moni$tat!

Most people combine the Castor oil with a lighter oil like olive oil, so maybe that could work better for you, if you wanted to try again. I use a 50%-50% mix for my hair but I suggest trying whatever you think would work best for you.

Length
    Chin/???/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

I just read al 27 pages of this thread...there's A LOT of information and knowledge stored up here! I am going to have to get me some castor oil! I'll check the stores tomorrow (again, looked today at Target and couldn't find any) and if I can't find some, I'll just order the Jamaican one off of Amazon.com. My hair doesn't care much for coconut oil, and I don't like using olive oil. What would you recommend as a mix-in oil to help dilute the Castor oil?
    "There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish the light of one small candle." - Spanish Proverb
    Hip length to Pixie, now growing long again. Currently past SL, heading to APL.

Length
    Chin/SL/Waist

I mix it together with Avocado oil I got that tip from the first pages of this thread so I tried it and I love it! Sometimes I drop in a drop or two of Argan oil as well!
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    Lady Silacaladhiel Of Skađin-awjō in The Order of The Long Haired Knights

Length
    19"/28"/50"
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I use Castor Oil too
    2-3 times weekly.
    I realized it makes that my hair grows faster. Recently it is about 1,4"-1,8" per month but I also use some other things.
    Anyway, it was my goal, so I'm very glad about my hair growth

Length
    -APL/BSL/WAIST
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by patienceneeded View Post
    I just read al 27 pages of this thread...there's A LOT of information and knowledge stored up here! I am going to have to get me some castor oil! I'll check the stores tomorrow (again, looked today at Target and couldn't find any) and if I can't find some, I'll just order the Jamaican one off of Amazon.com. My hair doesn't care much for coconut oil, and I don't like using olive oil. What would you recommend as a mix-in oil to help dilute the Castor oil?
    I got my castor oil in the laxative section of CVS (big chain pharmacy in the north east u.s.)
    My goal is to reach WAIST by 12/12/12
    This pic is my starting point on 11/11/11

Length
    Chin/???/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

Off today to do the weekly shopping, will be looking for Castor Oil and a mixer oil while out and about. Very excited! I hope my growth rate increases too! That would be fantastic.
    "There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish the light of one small candle." - Spanish Proverb

Length
    19"/28"/50"
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Tonight I'm oiling my hair again.
    I also heard that Castor oil is great for lashes and eyebrows. I met week ago my cousin - she has so long lashes! When I asked about her secret she said - Castor oil

Length
    Chin/???/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

Found a (small) bottle of Castor oil at Fred Meyer. It is a small blue bottle, with a Swan on it. Anybody else have this brand? It's the only one I could find that was 100% Castor oil. I did find some Castor oil mixes on the ethnic hair-care aisle but decided that the 100% was the better way to go. I got some organic Avacado Oil too, which I will be using to dilute the Castor oil. I'm going to try it tonight and let it sit for 1-2 hours before washing it out. After reading all the posts in this thread I'll try a CO wash to get out the oil. How often do you think one should do a castor oil treatment? Once a week? Twice? Before each wash? (I wash every other day) If this goes well I'll probably order the Jamacian Black Castor Oil off Amazon when I start to run low with the current bottle. I've heard it is more effective.

Oh, a side note...any visitors to my house who look in my bathroom cupboards are going to think I'm slightly nuts. Now living in the bathroom is the ACV, Avacado Oil, Castor oil, a bowl, honey, a "baby" medicine syringe (for the oil treatments), and an empty water bottle (for the ACV rinses).

Length
    Chin/???/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

First timer here! Mix of 1/2 Castor and 1/2 Avacado oil is sitting on my head! Planning to CO wash in a few hours. I'll post my feelings about the initial outcome (ease of washing out, feel of hair after, etc...) later tonight or tomorrow.

About how often should I be doing this if I want to increase rate of growth and decrease shedding hair everywhere I go?

Length
    -APL/BSL/WAIST
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by patienceneeded View Post
    First timer here! Mix of 1/2 Castor and 1/2 Avacado oil is sitting on my head! Planning to CO wash in a few hours. I'll post my feelings about the initial outcome (ease of washing out, feel of hair after, etc...) later tonight or tomorrow.

About how often should I be doing this if I want to increase rate of growth and decrease shedding hair everywhere I go?
    Is there any tingling on your scalp???
    My goal is to reach WAIST by 12/12/12
    This pic is my starting point on 11/11/11