Page 171 of 267 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 2666

Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

Whats the best thing to use with castor oil so its not so thick?
    And how fast did your hair grow while useing this and in about how much time did it take?
    --thanks

Length
    SHLDR/SHLDR/TBL
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

FAITH! i like using coconut oil. and heating it in the microwave for a bit. makes it a bit runnier.

Length
    APL/BSL/TB
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Ok so I bought some today from walgreens. I had to keep asking, where it was. The walgreens I live by is jammed full of stuff, and the people that work there don't speak very good English, and half the time they direct you to either a. an aisle that has nothing to do with it (they directed me to cleaning supplies today!) or b. the aisle which it is on but the aisle is so jammed full of stuff it's impossible to find. So I finally ask a pharmacy tech, and she says they don't have it. I was buying a few things up at front and she came running up with it because she found it for me, after I said it was ok, I'll find it somewhere else. It was really sweet of her. But than I looked and it was labled as a laxative! I get bad social anxiety, so I about died right there. It says it's 100 percent though, so that's good, but I really am too embarrassed to buy stuff like that in general so it was horrible!
    Is anyone else's labeled just as a laxative? LOL
    APL~BSL~Waist~Hip~TBL~Classic

Length
    APL?/TBL/100cm
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sfgirl View Post
    But than I looked and it was labled as a laxative! I get bad social anxiety, so I about died right there. It says it's 100 percent though, so that's good, but I really am too embarrassed to buy stuff like that in general so it was horrible!
    Is anyone else's labeled just as a laxative? LOL
    Yep, I'd like to try this aswell but exactly the fact that it's only known here as a laxative has kept me from buying it yet. I would buy it from the pharmacy which is probably the only place they sell it here so I know the people are used to selling things like that, but still.. If people would look into my bathroom cupboard and saw I had a much used bottle of laxative there... eh...

Hip ---- BCL -- TBL -- 100 cm of hair!
    Growing my virgin roots since the end of 2011. Maintaining at TBL+ in 2015!

Length
    APL/HIP/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Ok you can actually find it in the skin care isle of some stores (I know I saw it in Target and Walmart carries it too) although I got mine at the local health food store. The brand is Palma de Christi and is labeled just for skin uses.

I've been using it for about 6 months not and I think it's helped. I use it straight although if I'm not being lazy I'll warm it up with some Emu oil. I just out it on my finger tips and massage into my scalp. I also put it on my ends, braid and sleep. I've left it on for days before. I think it's best to leave it on overnight if you have problems washing it out. I've never had an issue with washing it out.

I also use it on my eyebrows and under my eyes. Great stuff.

Maintenance trims to grow back thickness

Length
    Shldr/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Did a castor oil treatment mixed with coconut oil, tea tree and rosemary EOs today, then I went for a run, hoping to get maximum effect, hehe. I SMT'd my hair afterwards, so I am feeling good about my hair care effort today!

Length
    APL/BSL/TB
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelan View Post
    Yep, I'd like to try this aswell but exactly the fact that it's only known here as a laxative has kept me from buying it yet. I would buy it from the pharmacy which is probably the only place they sell it here so I know the people are used to selling things like that, but still.. If people would look into my bathroom cupboard and saw I had a much used bottle of laxative there... eh...
    LOL I ended up putting mine in my underwear drawer. Most of the people I know already think I'm weird enough when they see my coconut oil lying around!

Also, I do not live any where near a target or a walmart. I have to take a eight dollar round trip train ticket to get to get to one, so it's usually a no go.
    APL~BSL~Waist~Hip~TBL~Classic

Length
    22/32/blah
    Type
    3a/M/ii

I tried castor oil again. I got it out this time. I'd like to know, is it okay to do it only once a week or does it need to be more often? I think it would be impractical for me to do it more than once a week.

Length
    18/bob/n/a
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I don't have a single problem with people thinking I need a laxative. Maybe it's just me, but I find it hilarious that I'm using castor oil in my hair and don't hesitate to talk about if prompted/leave it on my counter/take it with me if I'm staying over somewhere that I want to use it!

Hey, I have a question (and I apologize if this has already been touched upon; I merely lightly skimmed through this thread):

People have been talking about using undiluted castor oil on their scalps, face, and eyelids.
    I used to do the oil cleansing method, and always thought that castor oil was supposed to be incredibly drying, which is why it was used as the cleansing oil (and it was always supposed to be diluted, just in different percentages, depending on skin type). Is this straight up castor oil not irritating your skin? Especially the delicate eyelid skin?