Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 2666

Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Length
    SHLDR/SHLDR/TBL
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

Quote Originally Posted by uptosomeone View Post
    We're starting at the same time then! Are you measuring with just pictures, or with a measuring tape as well?
    I'm doing both. Currently at 21 inches. We shall see..

Length
    Bsl/41"/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

i started the castor oil 3 days ago again, this week i already did 3 scalpmassages with it mixed with some amla and jojoba. I do notice i shed more and also have this tingling feeling when i put castor on my hand and on my scalp:S
    It does something for sure, i measured at 95 cm last week,37.45 inches so we'll see in a while where its going,lately my growthrate dropped to 1 inch in 6wks or 0.75 in one month what isnt so much for me,i used to have 1 or more a month.but i think its mainly because of winter because i still take my supplements and eat ok.
    I will use it at least twice a week on washday or when i dont have anywhere to go it will be more...
    Hope to see some fast results,
    Last edited by Avital88; March 2nd, 2012 at 08:29 AM.
    BCL right now w a thick hemline. Aiming for classic this year

Length
    TBL/BSL+/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I have been using castor oil mixed with mustard oil recently and I'm not sure I like it as much asmy previous mix with coconut oil. It sure is better application because the coconut oil used to make my mix semi solid but that may be the only benefit. supposedly mustard oil increases growth but I don't measure so yeah =/ I think when I run out of this mix I will go back to coconut oil especially that I already have a ton of it in my stash.

Length
    Chin/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I LOVE castor oil!

I kind of did an experiment inadvertently. I had been using castor oil for 3-4 months, 1 or 2 times per week, applied on dirty hair, the night before washing, or a few hours before washing. The trick for me to make application and removal easier, was to mix with almond oil, about 50-50.

During the time I was using castor oil, I had pretty decent hair growth and no thinning. I did not necessarily observe new hairs, but I noticed that I was no longer concerned about my thinning crown. I thought, "well it doesn't look that bad, I don't know why I was so self conscious about it".

I stopped using castor oil since January, when I went back to school. First, I noticed that my hair hasn't gotten any longer in a long time. Then I started to feel like my scalp with thinning, but attributed that to the dry weather, which makes my hair straighter and flatter. But then two days ago, I thought the top of my head was really starting to look thin. I was in the bathroom and my scalp was literally shiny, reflecting the ceiling light!!! I of course was like, gasp, shock, horror.

The other thing is that I've been noticing my scalp has been particularly itchy lately, and last week, I felt like at least 4 pimples on my scalp. I hadn't experienced that in ages! Is that seborrheic dermatitis???

Needless to say, I'm back to my castor oil applications. I've done two so far and hopefully I won't get lazy about it again. I'm thinking it really does help, if not with added hair, then by plumping existing hairs. I think it somehow acts as a tonic for the scalp and prevents clogged pores which prevent the hairs from coming out?
    Shoulder>>>APL >>> BSL >>> WAIST

Length
    28/28/47
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

I've only used castor oil once so far, (mixed with olive and coconut) for a pre-shampoo scalp massage. I've barely shed a hair since then. Which is amazing for me as I usually get a handful of every time I run my fingers through my hair. If my hair wasn't so thick even with all the massive shedding, I would have suspected radiation poisoning - I mean, huge handfuls of hair, every single time! And yet, my hair never decreased in volume. Weird.

But since castor oil, it's been three days and I've lost maybe a couple of dozen strands. And my hair feels very silky. I defiantly think this is what my hair needs at this time in my life.

I'm not sure if it is going to help with growth, but I assume less shedding will lead to more growth (I hope, fingers crossed). I can't wait until I my hair is long enough to sit on!

Length
    28/28/47
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Star Eagle View Post
    Don't Use Canola Oil Ladies Its Rapeseed Oil Used For Germ Warfare>>> Its Toxic
    Canola (Can O L A)- CANadian Oil Low Acid. Was originally designed for use as a lubricant on steam engines. But with the rise of gasoline, they didn't need this oil in industry any more. But since they had all this land and money invested in Canola, the powers that be decided to start feeding it to livestock.

Small problem: Canola was proven to give the livestock cancer, so we were not allowed to feed it (grain and oil) to animals any more.

But since it is only proven to give cancer to animals, and we haven't done much testing on humans yet... it must be safe as houses, right? But then again, lead paint and asbestosis was all the rage when they made this decision.

Sorry, I'm not up to date on modern research, all I can tell you is the origins of how Canola came to be one of our main edible oils in North America. Modern science might have proven the original studies wrong. But I still won't eat the stuff or put it on my skin when there are other oils that people have been using safely for thousands of years.

Length
    shldr/tbl/long
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by PolarCathy View Post
    Sorry... I have no such advanced routines ; I just use something powder-y as a dry shampoo. And I don't brush it out, I wash it out with just water.
    I am planning to do castor oiling tomorrow night, and I will try this method. Thank you for sharing

Length
    TBL/BSL+/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I don't know why my hair is feeling thinner than usual. It had thicken up alot last year but I had a setback at the stylist in November in which she detangled my hair while completely wet and I lost huge chunks of hair in the comb...I thought it was ok but ever since that day I have been feeling that I have lost alot of thickness and the past 2 weeks my hair has been feeling very flat. I don't know if it's because I used rhassoul clay for a while before that setback which gave a ton of volume to my hair and dissappeared when I stopped or my hair really thinned out.. =/
    kinda depressed such s l o w progress..*sigh*

Length
    SHLDR/SHLDR/TBL
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I just washed out a 1:1 ratio of coconut oil and castor. Yesterday I did just castor and all day it's felt like almost like a waxy residue coated my hair roots. After the 1:1 mix of oils my head feels really happy. If it dries well I'll try this mixture for a while!! Anyone else use this mix??
    Last edited by Kayla Nyx; March 2nd, 2012 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Spelling corrections

Length
    shldr/tbl/long
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Cleopatra18 View Post
    I don't know why my hair is feeling thinner than usual. It had thicken up alot last year but I had a setback at the stylist in November in which she detangled my hair while completely wet and I lost huge chunks of hair in the comb...I thought it was ok but ever since that day I have been feeling that I have lost alot of thickness and the past 2 weeks my hair has been feeling very flat. I don't know if it's because I used rhassoul clay for a while before that setback which gave a ton of volume to my hair and dissappeared when I stopped or my hair really thinned out.. =/
    kinda depressed such s l o w progress..*sigh*
    There are times that hair sheds and gets thin. Maybe your body lacks some vitamins. Hair and nails are the last things that our body cares, when there is lack of vitamins. So they immediately show that our body needs something

You can have an analyse of blood and may see what is wrong

I have some shedding and slow progress when I am stressed and not sleep good