Page 168 of 267 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 2666

Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Length
    18/bob/n/a
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

I have EVOO, castor oil, and jojoba oil, plus lemon, lavender, thieves, RC, and peppermint EOs lying around my house. Would there be a preferable mix of any of these for hair that's had issues with getting over-oiled? I've tried jojoba and EVOO both on my length and both times they were greasy after I washed, but would love to try castor oil to see if I can increase my thickness and growth.

Length
    shldr/tbl/long
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by B-L View Post
    The trick is to put on conditioner on dry hair and leave it in for at least 20 min. Then shower and wash as usual. Conditioner will remove oil better than shampoo!
    I did it this way, but I couldn't clean again. It was greasy for one day. I weared it in a bun, so nobody saw that it was greasy, and wash again at night. I was doing oil treatments before and could remove the oil. But this castor oil I cannot

Thanks anyway

Quote Originally Posted by gazelle View Post
    I did it this way, but I couldn't clean again. It was greasy for one day. I weared it in a bun, so nobody saw that it was greasy, and wash again at night. I was doing oil treatments before and could remove the oil. But this castor oil I cannot

Thanks anyway
    Then try to soak it up with something (rice flour, besan, regular flour,...) and WO it out. It always works for me.

Length
    SHLDR/SHLDR/TBL
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I'm having some troubles understanding something. Is there a major difference between the jbco, castor oil, and the walgreen's stuff?? Or am I safe to get 1 and expect them all to work the same way? Its all the difference of wasted gas and a 2 hour car ride ):

Length
    shldr/tbl/long
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by PolarCathy View Post
    Then try to soak it up with something (rice flour, besan, regular flour,...) and WO it out. It always works for me.
    I brush some flour in my hair, right? The rice flour should be dry or boiled? (Maybe silly question but I saw members boiling flour with some herbs)

Length
    18/bob/n/a
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Well, I used straight-up castor oil on my roots. Just a tiny bit and massaged in very well. It's not terribly greasy looking, but it's definitely visible!! It's sitting in my hair for a couple hours beneath my shower cap though, and I'm hoping that plus letting conditioner sit on it for 20 minutes before I shower will help lift it out.

If it does this is going to happen once a week this month and we'll see at the end if my average growth of .5" has increased at all.

ETA: well, that was successful! I not only got all of the oil out, I did it with CO, which has never worked for me before. next time I'm going to try lightly oiling my ends as well.
    Last edited by uptosomeone; March 1st, 2012 at 08:30 PM.

Length
    SHLDR/SHLDR/TBL
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

So I found some castor oil I town and I currently sittin on the couch, happy and covered In oil. Lol. I took some pictures and can't wait to see any results in a month

Length
    18/bob/n/a
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kayla Nyx View Post
    So I found some castor oil I town and I currently sittin on the couch, happy and covered In oil. Lol. I took some pictures and can't wait to see any results in a month
    We're starting at the same time then! Are you measuring with just pictures, or with a measuring tape as well?

Length
    20APL/17”/More!
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kayla Nyx View Post
    I'm having some troubles understanding something. Is there a major difference between the jbco, castor oil, and the walgreen's stuff?? Or am I safe to get 1 and expect them all to work the same way? Its all the difference of wasted gas and a 2 hour car ride ):
    They should all work the same. People on this thread have tried all possible kinds and had good results.

Quote Originally Posted by gazelle View Post
    I brush some flour in my hair, right? The rice flour should be dry or boiled? (Maybe silly question but I saw members boiling flour with some herbs)
    Sorry... I have no such advanced routines ; I just use something powder-y as a dry shampoo. And I don't brush it out, I wash it out with just water.