Page 120 of 267 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 2666

Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

Ahhh, I need help!

I did this yesterday for the first time. I added about 1 tsp. Castor/1 tsp. Grapesee oild, with a few drops each of TeaTree Oil and Rosemary Oil. Massaged it in well with my fingertips; left for about four hours.
    I washed it out by putting in some conditioner and massaging well, then adding a little shampoo (my normal Giovanni stuff). Rinsed super well, and did another light CO washing.

More than twice my normal hair fell out in the shower. Probably around 60 strands. I'm freaking out! I haven't even combed it yet==and that will make more come out.
    I think it might be the conditioner washing--I think this happened when I tried it last time.
    I really want to use the castor oil, but I can't afford to loose this much hair everytime.

Flying the friendly skies CrisDee's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/UBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

PP, I wonder if the extra loss was just because it was your first time? So many on this thread have said that it has stopped their problem shedding. I'd try it more than once before giving up on it - but of course everyone's hair is different.

RIP, Manatawny's Sterling Slam Dunk, call name Mutombo. 6/24/2001 - 6/24/2013. Best. Dog. Ever.

Length
    SL/SL+/?
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by autumn leaves View Post
    I applied some to my scalp for the first time last night. I was surprised at how heavy it was so got a bit worried about build up, but I think my poo bar removed everything this morning. I'm thinking of applying it all nights before wash day. Does that sound like a good plan??
    the night before a wash day sounds like a good plan. that's what I've been doing
    No specific goal for now, just trying to practice benign neglect.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
    the night before a wash day sounds like a good plan. that's what I've been doing
    Great, thanks

Length
    chin/SL/?
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by PoliticalPilot View Post
    Ahhh, I need help!

I did this yesterday for the first time. I added about 1 tsp. Castor/1 tsp. Grapesee oild, with a few drops each of TeaTree Oil and Rosemary Oil. Massaged it in well with my fingertips; left for about four hours.
    I washed it out by putting in some conditioner and massaging well, then adding a little shampoo (my normal Giovanni stuff). Rinsed super well, and did another light CO washing.

More than twice my normal hair fell out in the shower. Probably around 60 strands. I'm freaking out! I haven't even combed it yet==and that will make more come out.
    I think it might be the conditioner washing--I think this happened when I tried it last time.
    I really want to use the castor oil, but I can't afford to loose this much hair everytime.
    It happened to me, too, and I've seen other people mention increased shedding after their first applications. I've done it three times now and the extra shedding stopped. It seems to be an adjustment thing.

Thank you for your thoughts! I will give it another try or two. Maybe I'll try washing it out with shampoo/baking soda next time instead of conditioner.

Can I use baking soda w/ shampoo to wash it out? Will that be sufficient? And can I use ACV to "condition" afterwards?

Length
    EL/BSL/WL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I used it on my eyelashes last night and you're right, no oily film!

Then I thought why not put some on the pimples I have at the moment, I left it overnight, and they had diminished to half their size this morning!
    Do you think I could use it over my whole face as a moisturizer?

This is really a miracle oil....
    Ear - Chin - *cut out layers* - SL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL
    Yarok low poo alternating with BodyShop Rainforest Shine CO - Rosemary/ACV rinse - Coconut oil once a week

Length
    APL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by giuditta View Post
    I used it on my eyelashes last night and you're right, no oily film!

Then I thought why not put some on the pimples I have at the moment, I left it overnight, and they had diminished to half their size this morning!
    Do you think I could use it over my whole face as a moisturizer?

This is really a miracle oil....
    I do and I dont have a beard yet I put a few drops in my foundation too so I can use it of a day as light moisture and I put lots of before bedtime as an intense skin treat. My skin has never been better.

I love this stuff to bits!
    SOCK BUN ADDICT
    STASH CHALLENGE & NO DYE CHALLENGE

Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by PoliticalPilot View Post
    Thank you for your thoughts! I will give it another try or two. Maybe I'll try washing it out with shampoo/baking soda next time instead of conditioner.

Can I use baking soda w/ shampoo to wash it out? Will that be sufficient? And can I use ACV to "condition" afterwards?
    Yes to both. I do BS/ACV as well. However, since I find BS very drying on my hair (and castor oil is also a bit drying), I also use conditioner to CO-wash it out.

ETA my after-oiling wash routine:
    - oil, massage and leave in overnight under a shower cap and turbie/tuque
    - rinse cold, massage scalp (to get sebum out of the glands)
    - rinse warm (this starts moving the oils)
    - BS scalp wash/rinse (dilution 1tbsp/2c water... note this is for my no-poo routine so that I don't strip all the sebum out of my hair. You can use 1tbsp/1c water for a stronger wash)
    - CO scalp wash/rinse
    - ACV scalp + lengths rinse
    - cold water rinse to finish

It is a lot of oil to be washing out. The best way to wash out oil is with another oil, especially if you don't want to use a harsh detergent (which will also work). You might have some luck with oil washing (shampoo+oil) though I haven't tried that myself.

Another way to put castor oil on is with Pandora's formula, which might be one way to lessen the handling of your hair while still getting the good of castor and essential oils. I'm going to try this formula in addition to a "regular" castor/EO treatment because it's a leave-in, and I don't want to be washing my hair more than once weekly.
    Last edited by teal; September 2nd, 2011 at 01:44 PM.
    bsl > mbl > hip > [tlb] > clsc > fingertip > thigh > knee > ???

Length
    EL/BSL/WL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LouLaLa View Post
    I do and I dont have a beard yet I !
    Hahaha that made me laugh

But do you have oily skin too? Maybe only my type of skin will grow a beard
    Ear - Chin - *cut out layers* - SL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL
    Yarok low poo alternating with BodyShop Rainforest Shine CO - Rosemary/ACV rinse - Coconut oil once a week