Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Remove Smoke Smell from Hair?

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    26?/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Angry How to Remove Smoke Smell from Hair?

I was wondering if there is a quick way to get the smell of cigarettes out of hair? I recently moved back into the dorm and I feel like everything I own smells like smoke (my mother and brother smoke at home)! Even now, I just came out of the shower and I can still smell it on my hair. Any advice for removing the smell?

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: How to Remove Smoke Smell from Hair?

Well baking soda is a deodorizer so maybe try just rubbing some one your dry hair, shake it out and shower? it's worth a shot
    Starting over current length: APL+.. GOAL: BACK TO HIP

Length
    25ish/35/40ish
    Type
    2b/M/C/iii

I'll keep an eye on this thread.

I hate that whenever I wear my hair down when going out at night it smells horrible in the morning, and the smell lingers until I wash it (and I do not want to wash it every day). I tried EOs, but nothing seems to kill the stink completely.
    Animum rege: qui nisi paret, imperat.
    --------------------------------------

Maybe you can keep your hair in a headband or scarf so it doesn't absorb as much of the smokey smell?

I would use a few drops of EO (patchouli) it is strong, and rub it through my hair, get my hair in an updo, use a scarf or bandana that has also been scented a bit with some EO and that MAY help the hair from getting AS stinky.

I loathe smoke, and when I do go out, it usually happens to be right on wash day or the day after when my hair is at its best, and someone will be puffing away like "Puff the Magic Dragon" and my hair and clothes are a stink-fest and I have to shower and poo immediately after coming home. UGH!

Good luck, I know it's bothersome.

Length
    pixie/shoul/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

Urrrhg! Nothing can hide the smell of cigarette smoke, if you ask me. Wash, wash and wash... that is the only thing I can think of.

I used to be a smoker myself... and when you woke up after a night out, with you smelly hair across your face... That was just disgusting, even for me. Now the feeling is even worse, but thank god it almost never happens anymore. We have a "no smoking law" so it is forbidden to smoke at nightclubs and restaurants here, and I don't know anyone who smokes indoors. Yay!!

Length
    pixie/pixie/44
    Type
    1a/F/iii

I have found spritzing with febreeze works well. There is also a product called banish that works well.
    after henna, no 'cones, no sulfates, my hair no longer tries to strangle me in my sleep. I guess we can be friends now.
    Google+

Length
    40+/MBL/Waist
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

In my experience, washing 1, 2, or even 3 times is the best way to really get the smell out. I have a friend who has campfires often, and whenever we go the smoke just coats us.
    Lady Angellen, Bound Raven in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

I am the Vampire Queen

Length
    TB/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

Try combing your hair outside, to air it out. Also misting with something like BPAL or EO mixed in helps. In a pinch, BPAL straight covers the smell up. My hair must be immune now, or I don't notice the smell anymore(more likely) as my husband smokes like a chimney.
    “I always find it more difficult to say the things I mean than the things I don't.”
    ― W. Somerset Maugham, The Painted Veil

Length
    26?/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Thanks for the advice everyone. I've already washed my hair today but I can still smell it a little. Although I don't usually wash so often, I might have to do it tonight or tomorrow again. I have been spraying febreeze like a madwoman on everything but I'm running sort of low. I have been finding that fresh air is really helping. I've been wearing my hair down on the way to classes so the wind helps it along.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

I second the Febreze if you need to get smoke out and don't have time to wash your hair. I know some people make their own Febreze-like odor remover (the things you pick up on forums - I think I read that on a travel blog ), so you could always Google if you want to try something homemade.