Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    ?/30.25/34"
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Default Falling hair

Hello!
    I had lost a ton of hair last year due to stress which caused alot of weight loss. My hair is pretty long now and very healthy and I had gained all of my weight back, started taking supplements and noticed ALOT hair growing back. It looks really funny with all of the newbie hairs flying around but I'm grateful it's been growing back! Do you have any diet or natural product recommendations??? Thank you!!!

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: Falling hair

Just make sure you have a generally healthy diet with reasonable amounts of protein and good fats. Your hair will grow best when your body has everything it needs.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    25ish/35/40ish
    Type
    2b/M/C/iii

I agree with Anje. And it seems you're already on a good path. Just try to figure out the way to reduce stress in your daily life. Good luck!!
    Animum rege: qui nisi paret, imperat.
    --------------------------------------

Length
    35 in/39 in/43 in
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

wow, you're lucky. Last year, I was extremely stressed with work and worries about long-term stressful family situation (which is still an ongoing stress for me actually). My hair split horridly, I suffered frequent headaches, and I gained FIFTY pounds (I'm an emotional eater/stress eater) My new years resolution is to keep my hair healthy and to lose weight! I wish I had lost 50 last year, instead of gaining! But, stress effects people differently for sure.

The diet/supplement recommendations I would give are:
    drink lots of H20, eat cucumbers for silica, eat protein or drink protein shakes, get lots of omegas through fish oils, etc, consider a supplement such as biotin.

Hope this helps and lets hope we both have a much less stressful 2009 as stress really takes it's toll in so many ways.

Lady Arduinna, Keeper of the North Forest in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    chin/waist/knee
    Type
    3b/M/ii

I've been eating crud for a year (at college) and noticed some thinning.
    I'm going back on a multivitamin that has 100% zinc and a good start on B vitamins. I'm also taking fish oil for various reasons.
    The b-vitamin/zinc combo helps a lot of people, starting with a good diet of couse.

Glad to hear the mane is getting thick and healthy again! Isn't it wonderful?
    Lady Branwen of the Sunlit Glory
    COMFORT THE DISTURBED. DISTURB THE COMFORTABLE.

I've tried basically all the supplements over the years.

I've had the most success with Biosil Liquid Silica.