Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hair "wispies"

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Hair "wispies"

Mine just make me look so dishevelled and having fine hair they blow about at the slightest breeze intensely getting on my nerves. I oil my hair and if I want to make sure they stick down I use neat castor oil around my hairline. I have found misting with rooibos infusion and EO's also helps keep them down as it adds something to my hair but castor oil is the most reliable for me unless I want to risk hair spray.
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Length
    chin/26.8/long
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I have two little tufts of them in both sides of my widow's peak, I think they have really short terminal there, and they are even finer and blonder than the rest of my hair (and from the past experiences, they also take henna differently, they go neon orange). I'm really adverse to putting wax or hairspray in my hair, I might try aloe vera once I get my hands on that (I plan on doing SMT regularly, love what it did to my hair) but so fat I just let them be. Looks a bit odd to have those little tufts, especially with my go-to hairstyle at the moment involves twisting and poufing up my not-quite-there outgrown fringe, but, well, I like wispies on other girls with similar hair texture, so I guess mine are fine too

Quote Originally Posted by pamrlyn View Post
    wispies? well maybe. there has to be a stronger term to describe what goes on around my head...? maybe wildlings. Or free folk
    GOT reference for the win!

Flippy layers go up up up in a ponytail. The wispies are tucked behind my ear and/or are free to wisp around. They don't bother me that much.

Length
    29.1/??/43.3
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I put little bit coconut oil on them (rub little to my hands first and to the hair) and brush lightly with boar bristle brush so it wont look greasy. But most of the time I just ignore them.