Thread: Starting a blog...

Length
    8"/30"/Term
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Starting a blog...

Hi! I would like to start a blog, but I can't seem to figure out how. Forgive me if this has been asked already, but could someone walk me though the process? If there is an existing thread about this, just post a link as I searched but did not find exactly what I was looking for. TIA!

Mary <><
    Matthew 5:14-16

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

I think all you have to do is click 'blogs' in the menu on the top, then there will be a menu on the left to start making posts and for your blog control panel so you can customize your settings for privacy and such. I honestly don't remember if that was all there was to it or not (I'm multi-tasking at the moment and can't really concentrate lol) but I am pretty sure that's all there is to it.

Length
    8"/30"/Term
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

When I do that, this page comes up, and when I hit save it brings me right back to this same page. Did I just not plug something in one of these boxes that I am supposed to?

Default Entry Options

When posting a new blog entry, I would like to...
    • Allow comments to be posted
    • Moderate comments before displaying
    These settings may also be changed at the time of posting

Spam Prevention
    In order to reduce the amount of spam on your blog the administrator has provided the option to provide an Akismet key.
    Wordpress API Key:

Default Subscription Mode: Blog Entries
    When you post a new blog entry, you can choose to automatically add the entry to your list of subscribed entries, with the option to receive email notification of new comments to that blog entry.
    Default Subscription Mode: Do not subscribe No email notification Instant email notification

Default Subscription Mode: Blog Comments
    When you post a new comment, you can choose to automatically add the blog entry to your list of subscribed entries, with the option to receive email notification of new comments to that blog entry. Default Subscription Mode: Do not subscribe No email notification Instant email notification

Permissions and Privacy - Regardless of these settings, blog moderators will be able to view your posted entries.

Members on your contact list may...
    View your blog
    Leave comments on your blog entries

Members on your ignore list may...
    View your blog

Everyone else may...
    View your blog
    Unregistered visitors may not be able to do all the things you specify here, depending on the permissions granted by the administrator.

Mary <><

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

On that screen there should be an option in the menu on the left for "your blog", then you can start your blog posts from there. The "post to your blog" link should also be on the main blogs page.

Length
    8"/30"/Term
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

OK! That worked! Thanks for the help! I know I must seem like a real live NINNY not being able to figure that out, but well, what can you do! Anyway, Thanks for the help Feisty Redhead!

Mary <><

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

Glad to have helped, Mary! I'm sure there were others wondering too but didn't want to ask. And trust me, if I told you about some of the things I've had trouble figuring out, you'd be able to laugh for at least a week over my 'Jessica Simpson"-esque moments! lol