Page 1 of 715 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: Thin/Fine Hair Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Default Thin/Fine Hair Thread

I searched, but didn't find a thread like this. If there is one, can someone direct me there?

If not, I'd love to start one here. Ways to help achieve more fullness, special problems related to thin hair, good updos for thin hair, hair care for this type of hair, etc.

Anyone else interested?

Length
    buzz/ear/apl
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default Re: Thin/Fine Hair Thread

Hello! I'm a mostly fine thin haired peep.

I don't know if I've got much advice to give but I can say that less washing, less handling, and giving up my BBB (kind of) and opting for a horn comb has really helped my hair.

I know that there are other more experienced long, fine, thin hairs here who'll have better things to say.
    "Equations are the devil's sentences!" ~ Stephen Colbert

Mine is fine and thin. It tangles easily, too.

I wash & condition with Tresseme (cones), finger comb in the shower, frydry (with my head upside down) & brush with my BBB. Then I hairspray it lightly to keep it in place for a while.

As soon as I sit back on it in the car or handle it, the puffiness disappears and I am once again a flat head. I then stick it up in a bun.

If I was a princess and could sit composed all day I suppose I would have hair worshippers. But alas, I must do the dishes and vacuum, so my tangle-prone hair usually stays all squashed up in a bun.

I did a cassia treatment a couple of weekends ago. I saw noticeable improvement in manageability. I want more thickness than what the cassia can give me, so I ordered some henna. From what I've read, henna may help improve my texture a bit. Maybe there's hope after all!

Length
    13"/21"/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/i

Yes, please!

My hair is very stringy, so I plan to ditch cones for a couple of weeks after the holidays and see how it reacts. Afterwards, I'll try cassia treatments to see if I can't add some volume.
    I mainly want to get my hair to a healthy place. I haven't really mistreated it, but there were certainly a lot of things I did (constant tight ponytailing and messy buns of doom, shampooing every day, chemical dying, etc.) that might have been fine if I had thick hair, but I can really feel how much damage I did to all of my baby fine length. There has been a lot of breakage over the past few months and really now, I don't have much hair I can afford to lose!

I'm eager to see how the overall condition of my hair improves now that I've found LHC and adopted a new routine.

I wish I had some quality tips to share, but for now it looks like I'll just be watching this thread with great interest!

Length
    chin/hip/Hm...
    Type
    1a/F/i

Count me in. Although I don't have any great tips to share. No matter what I try my hair won't get "thicker". At least, I managed to tackle the problem "fly-away" hair, that's something, I guess.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    6"/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I think that CO washing makes my fine, thin hair look fuller than shampoo-conditioning. Day one and two are the fullest; days three and four are getting limp and thinner-looking. But since days 3&4 are generally "high ponytail" days, it doesn't matter a whole lot.

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Themyst View Post
    Mine is fine and thin. It tangles easily, too.
    This is my hair, I have a fair amount of strands but they are all very fine so ponytail/braid thickness is not that think at all.

Since switching to a shampoo and conditioner that do not contain cones, naturals waves and a little volume have appeared - not sure I love it yet!

Quote Originally Posted by chrissy-b View Post
    Hello! I'm a mostly fine thin haired peep.

I don't know if I've got much advice to give but I can say that less washing, less handling, and giving up my BBB (kind of) and opting for a horn comb has really helped my hair.

I know that there are other more experienced long, fine, thin hairs here who'll have better things to say.
    Curious. Why'd you give up BBBing? What happened that made you decide this?

I am wondering that you know how to use a BBB. Lots of people don't know basic information, it seems.

heidi w.

By Lady Godiva
    Avatar Photo: Bruce Folck, Blue Dragon Photography. Profile Photo: LJC

Middle of nowhere - freezing northern Canada
    Type
    1a/F/M/i

I'm in too. When I was a kid I had fine, but thick jet black hair. Over time it got a lot thinner and lighter. But since I've started hendigoing my hair and washing it a lot a lot a lot less. It is way thicker, or at least appears way thicker.

Also, the other day I whipped up a batch of "nanny pauline's dry shampoo" and gave it a whirl, and after brushing through my hair with a BBB it looked really thick (in a good way)

Second star to the right and then straight on till morning
    Length
    17.0/18.0/bsl

Sign me up. Any tips to make my hair appear thicker would be much appreciated!

Right now all I do is blow fry my hair upside down with a matrix thickenening spray, but Im trying to cut down on the heat I use on my hair.