Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Brunettes Unite!

Length
    2/34/34
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

Default Brunettes Unite!

So, I've seen a few other threads around for hair colors, and through a search, I didn't see there there has been one for Brunettes for at least a couple years... I didn't want to dig back too far and pull up a dinosaur, so I figured hey...why not start a new one?? :-)

This is for some brunette love! I sometimes get a little bored, or an itch to change up my hair, or the very very very strong desire to dye half of it snow white... but at the end of the day, I love my dark brown locks!

My hair is a pretty dark brown, but it has a reddish sheen in the sunlight. I'll start off the brunette love with some photos...

Me, last year. Pretty natural light from the window.

This was taken inside a vehicle. There seems to be some sort of red reflective glow, but I'm not sure what from...

Me a couple days ago, in unnatural light at nighttime. LOL

I love this color, especially with that block of red in front!!

I just love the beauty of hair (especially natural hair), and here's all about the love for brunette, natural or dyed!

Length
    Chin/APL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: Brunettes Unite!

Yay!!!

Your hair is beautiful!!

My color can be so weird. Sometimes it looks almost black:

And other times, well, this is pretty red:

What would you call it?

Length
    2/34/34
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

Thanks! Yours is very pretty! Haha! I'd call it a brunette, though I have noticed that oftentimes brunettes will have quite a bit of red as well, in certain light. So... almost auburn! haha

Length
    10/22/39
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Yay a place for me

abob13"//CBL18"//APL21"//BSL24 1/2"//WL28"//HL32"//TBL39"//CL or bust 44 1/2"

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I'm a brunette with natural red highlights. I've even found, on occassion, very coarse, copper colored hairs! They're completely different than the courseness and texture of my regular hair, very similar to the texture of grey hair. I've thought about going blonde or some other color but I'd never do it. Brunettes are just way better.
    27" * 28" * [28.5"] * 29" * 30" * 31" * 32" * 33" * 34" * 34" w. thickened hemline... or longer?

Type
    2b/M/iii

I'm a brunette but would have loved to have had red hair like my mom and her mother. Still, a glimmer of red is visible at times (in sunlight).

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

It seems like a lot of us have natural red highlights. I wonder if that's common for a lot of brunettes? I thought it was just particular to my family (even though there aren't any redheads). My younger brother has dark brown hair like I do but when he grows out a beard it's red!
    27" * 28" * [28.5"] * 29" * 30" * 31" * 32" * 33" * 34" * 34" w. thickened hemline... or longer?

Length
    2/34/34
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by HairySherry View Post
    It seems like a lot of us have natural red highlights. I wonder if that's common for a lot of brunettes? I thought it was just particular to my family (even though there aren't any redheads). My younger brother has dark brown hair like I do but when he grows out a beard it's red!
    I'm wondering the same thing! Both of my parents had very dark brown hair, yet ended up with some dirty blonde kids haha, a few light brown haired, and a few with dark brown hair. But yeah, all of us with dark brown hair seem to have a natural red sheen to it, even though I am not really sure where it comes from!

Length
    0"/4 ft./4.5 f
    Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

My hair is pretty close to black, but I've noticed on more than one occasion it having a reddish tint to it, especially while I'm swimming. My older sister has much lighter hair, although it is still brunette, and it often looks red in the water.

Length
    buzz/chin/waist
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I am growing out my color right now, but my natural color is a mousy brown. This picture was taken in 2009 and is my natural color. It is also the longest my hair had ever been, up until now.
    It is also straightened in this picture.