Page 101 of 776 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 7755

Thread: Thin/Fine Hair Thread

Length
    12/32/35
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Default Re: Thin/Fine Hair Thread

I would say that you just have a problem with something in the Kiwi Lime Squeeze. It is a stronger cleanser than other conditioners.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleB View Post
    Hey guys. So I tried the VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze for 2 days, CO wash, really scrub into scalp and rinse very thoroughly. By the middle of the 2nd day, my scalp was on FIRE with itching. I took a shower, shampooed, used Suave Coconut conditioner, did a little honey leave in and ACV quick rinse. My scalp feels completely normal again.
    Does this mean CO is not for me or have you guys had bad experiences with the V05 K.L.Squeeze?
    BTW, using the honey and ACV makes my hair soooo soft and shiny. Almost too silky! Haha, if there is such a thing.
    Started growing at 42. Always admired and wanted long hair. Thrilled to find waves!!!

2b-F-ii

Length
    13"/39½"/47"
    Type
    3c/F/ii

FrozenBritannia:
    Everyone is different here. I easily get deposits from cones, I also can detect Amodimeticone pretty soon for example. I think its the fine hair. On a coarser strand noone would notice it. I hope you find some conditioner that works for you, if you at all need one.

LittleB:
    This could happen for any number of reasons. You might be allergic to something in this particular brand. On the other hand, itching is often a sign that the sebum production is turned on. Perhaps you should go easy on the rubbing. I dont rub much at all and I still feel clean afterwards.

MissManda:
    The tripple fructis has no cones, the L'oreal I mentioned has Amodimethicone. Amodimeticone is considered to be less negative than others, but this borders to a myth. The stuff is made dispersible in the conditioner, but on the hair it works just like any other -cone. It stiffens as it dryes and coats the hair. But I think it is less troublesome than other -cones. I dont need to clarify as often as I would have to with other -cones.

Length
    12/32/35
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Amodimethicone is a water-soluble cone.
    Started growing at 42. Always admired and wanted long hair. Thrilled to find waves!!!

2b-F-ii

Account Closed by Member Request

Fellow T&F's I've got a problem with updos and I need your help....It seems like everything I put in my hair slips out. Amish pins slide out, hair sticks slide out, barrettes slide off...I'm not sure what to do anymore?? Does anyone have any tricks, hints or suggestions on how to get your thin and/or fine hair to just stay put!??

Length
    12/32/35
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Octopus Clips are great. Ficcares are great, if you can afford them.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDM View Post
    Fellow T&F's I've got a problem with updos and I need your help....It seems like everything I put in my hair slips out. Amish pins slide out, hair sticks slide out, barrettes slide off...I'm not sure what to do anymore?? Does anyone have any tricks, hints or suggestions on how to get your thin and/or fine hair to just stay put!??

2b-F-ii

Slightly Frosted FrozenBritannia's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/TB/45+
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Stretching washes.. I try to only wash my hair on Sunday and wednesday (unless something gross happens to it) and I find that on monday, tuesday, thursday, friday and saturday My hair will actually stay in it's pins. (mostly. still gets that "romantic" look to it but not "dishevelled" ) Sunday and wednesday are still total losses and ponytail tails though.

I did buy some spin pins at walmart yesterday though, (mini-spins) and they actually did hold my hair (unexpected wash yesterday) so that was impressive. I had to use two. Three would have been better but my bun isn't big enough to get three in.
    Lady Britannia of Mergatroyd, Seer of the Dancing Lights, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by UP Lisa View Post
    Octopus Clips are great. Ficcares are great, if you can afford them.
    The clips fall out too and I have tried the Ficcares but boy did they pull and hurt my head (not a Ficcare fan myself).

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenBritannia View Post
    Stretching washes.. I try to only wash my hair on Sunday and wednesday (unless something gross happens to it) and I find that on monday, tuesday, thursday, friday and saturday My hair will actually stay in it's pins. (mostly. still gets that "romantic" look to it but not "dishevelled" ) Sunday and wednesday are still total losses and ponytail tails though.

I did buy some spin pins at walmart yesterday though, (mini-spins) and they actually did hold my hair (unexpected wash yesterday) so that was impressive. I had to use two. Three would have been better but my bun isn't big enough to get three in.
    My scalp hair gets oily after a few hours of washing, it would be impossible for me to stretch a wash, I have to wash once a day or I look like a bald man with a comb over. I tried the spin pins before and they didn't stay in. Maybe I have super power slippery hair, nothing seems to keep it in place, GAH!

Length
    16" ?/30"/thick
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Hello, Carpe!
    I recently started using ordinary hair pins rather than bobby pins, and they are working well. Here is my technique:
    As you hold it to put it in, squeeze the hairpin gently, so that the space between the ends is narrowed a little.
    Stab straight in at 90º to your head until you feel the ends on your scalp.
    Allowing it to grab some of the hair next to the scalp, turn the pin the direction you want it to go, start to push in the new direction.
    Relax your grip on the pin so that the ends are free to spread apart as you continue pushing the pin into position.
    As you are pushing the pin into the do, weave it back down to catch more scalp hair if it does not feel secure.
    Get a second hairpin and put it in the same way, getting it to cross or weave through the other pin(s).

Length
    12/32/35
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Interesting that your hair is that slippery, since you list it as F/M.

My scalp hair gets oily after a few hours of washing, it would be impossible for me to stretch a wash, I have to wash once a day or I look like a bald man with a comb over. I tried the spin pins before and they didn't stay in. Maybe I have super power slippery hair, nothing seems to keep it in place, GAH!

2b-F-ii