Page 1011 of 2498 FirstFirst ... 1151191196110011009101010111012101310211061111115112011 ... LastLast
Results 10,101 to 10,110 of 24973

Thread: The Salt & Pepper Thread!

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: The Salt & Pepper Thread!

Crowning Glory - I looked at your pics and see NO FRUMP whatsoever! I may have to take a trip to Oz to hide your scissors!
    Merry Kat - I can not wait till my hair reaches your length - only 3 more years to wait (argh!!)
    Nae - beautiful hair and striking silver streak!
    Ravenne - you have my favorite hair type - what a beautiful braid.

Lady Nereida of the Riptide Shores - LHK
    Renegray: Silver Hair is a Sparkling Diadem

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Since you are all so kind and supportive here, I will dare to share another pic of the little LOTR style braids I did today:

Lady Nereida of the Riptide Shores - LHK
    Renegray: Silver Hair is a Sparkling Diadem

Quote Originally Posted by merseaone View Post
    Crowning Glory, read your Forward and first chapter of your book. I found it very interesting!
    Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johanna View Post
    I still don't have a good photo of my sparklies yet. Most of mine are just above my ears under my canopy. But here's a photo of me. My old dye is going really coppery so it clashes badly with my new growth and makes me sparkles stand out more.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ays093copy.jpg
    You are gorgeous!

And I've noticed that we're getting some younger members looking at this thread which is just great. Perhaps you'll be the ones to convince us [me] that grey really has nothing to do with age but everything to do with being beautiful and confident and radiant (as you are so obviously in your photo).

Length
    17.5/17.5/17
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Merrykat, your hair looks beautiful, thick and lovely!!

Have a great vacation, Sia!!

Nae, those pics are awesome!!! Your streak is SUPER hip!! And your curls are completely gorgeous!

Ravenne, welcome! Your silver streak in your braid is so cool!!

Quote Originally Posted by Restourceful
    Gray is great! Gray is groovy! Silver is super! Sparkles are stupendous! Streaks are stunning! Repeat.
    Yes!!

Johanna, you are so pretty and I see a silver or two in there!! Welcome!! Your hair is silvering just like mine, mine are mostly all right above my ears too, and you can't really see them unless I wear my hair up, except for a few interspersed throughout.

Very pretty LOTR braids, Demetrue!!

Quote Originally Posted by CrowningGlory
    And I've noticed that we're getting some younger members looking at this thread which is just great. Perhaps you'll be the ones to convince us [me] that grey really has nothing to do with age but everything to do with being beautiful and confident and radiant (as you are so obviously in your photo).
    Yes, I agree!! This is very cool!! Yay Renegrays!!

Ravenne, I think you wanted to be official - so it's official now! You're a Renegray!! I've added your name to the list of Renegrays in the first post!

I wasn't sure who else of the new folks wanted to be an official Renegray, so please check the list, and just let me know if you want to be added!!

Length
    13?/30/Long
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I'm 33, but what the heck. I am sick and tired of the dye, which smells funny. Henna seems intriguing but messy, I suspect it smells funny too. Yeah the color is cool but it would all turn dark in my hair anyways. Plus then I would have to go through the stage again where it looks like I need to do my roots. Blah

I am glad to get to this stage where it definately looks intentional. Plus I want long hair, I don't want to have a huge demarcation line forever (even though some of the ladies here really rock that look and I bow to them.) So I might as well do it now and then not have to worry bout it.

I am so glad to have found you crazy Renegrays! So supportive and SO gorgeous. You have really been an inspiration.
    Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour.~Ovid~
    Nae

Length
    24/Pixie/n/a
    Type
    2c/F/ii

resourceful - Thanks for your kind comments. It is so true that we are our own worst enemies, I feel my hair looks thin and scraggly in these pictures and I even hesitated to post them!

rags - Thank you. Yes that is my back garden. We have a load of underground water in the area where we live so our garden is pretty much always green - with little or no effort on my part.

Sia - I have befriended you and you should now be able to see the pictures. Have a great vacation.

Karpatisiv - Thanks for your kind comment and my flower :hug:

Nae - Gray is Amazing

Johanna - I can so relate to the old dye going coppery, I have just uses a semi-permanent ash colour over my length to blend my 2 tone with my natural colour.

Crowning Glory - your hair is gorgeous and not in the least bit frumpy.

Demetrue - Thank you. I love your extensions and with the help of them the three years will fly past. Once I got past BSL I seemed to have far less trouble with my hair and it seemed to grow really quickly. I love your LOTR braids - beautiful just like you.

Mellie - Thank you.
    I still love the idea of long hair, but really enjoying my all natural pixie. Contemplating growing to layered bsl & strawberry blond with cassia & henna.

Length
    2 1/2/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Talking Re: The Salt & Pepper Thread!

Thank you all for the nice compliments.

Hi Johanna, Ravenne, and Nae. Welcome to the Gang!

Johanna, aren't you just darling (as we say in the south)!

And Ravenne, your streak is wonderful! It looks like a blond streak in your braid. Really beautiful.

Nae, that's how I felt when I made the decision to stop dying. Unfortunately, I didn't have all these wonderful Renegrays to get me through it. It was a long process for me, but I've never regretted it!

Demetrue, I'm looking all over the picture for your bow and arrows and a Hobbit or two. I love your LOTR braids! How fun is that! I may do that today myself.
    Utlizing only the Contacts portion of the Friends list feature.

Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

CrowningGlory - Grey is beautiful! I've always loved silver hair on women (May have had something to do with Storm being my favorite X-man growing up... Lol) Grey has nothing to do with age.

Mellie - I had actually not thought of that, but thank you!! I've just been lurking on this thread for a while since I found a few strays at my crown and when I found my streak I figured I could post. Lol! I'll put it in my siggie the next time I update it.

And thanks everyone. This is a nice thread!