Page 1111 of 2498 FirstFirst ... 1116111011106111011109111011111112111311211161121116112111 ... LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,110 of 24973

Thread: The Salt & Pepper Thread!

Type
    2a/C/iii

Default Re: The Salt & Pepper Thread!

http
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...338027&thumb=1

here is my silver root update picture. My hair's flat cos I was trying to show the roots!
    Restourceful I love your cake and you look cool!
    Luluj your hair is just fabulous.
    Nae Virgin hair is much more important to me which is why it's so short. I know most people here couldn't handle this length but I don't mind. Plus I gave up dyeing cos I couldn't stand the feel of coloured hair so I had stopped trying to grow it long. In a couple of months I should be all virgin.
    Last edited by Toadstool; May 31st, 2010 at 02:44 PM.
    "The reward for conformity is that everybody likes you except yourself" - Rita Mae Brown

Thanks, Toadstool! Your silvers are lookin' good!
    Utlizing only the Contacts portion of the Friends list feature.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by restourceful View Post
    Thanks, Toadstool!

As promised, a photo of the birthday girl with cake made by DS's DGF. It's her very first ever cake! Isn't it beautiful? Look closely and you can see the Birthday Queen made of fondant on top of the cake. It was chocolate with white chocolate chips on the bottom layer and red velvet on top.

Clicky for biggie.
    I just clicked on your birthday cake photo and WOW....what a lovely cake.....even more so, what a lovely thing for the young lady to do for you, she must be a real "gem!" You look so pretty and vibrant, restourceful, I am so happy that you had such a happy day!

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    http
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...338027&thumb=1

here is my silver root update picture. My hair's flat cos I was trying to show the roots!
    Restourceful I love your cake and you look cool!
    Luluj your hair is just fabulous.
    Nae Virgin hair is much more important to me which is why it's so short. I know most people here couldn't handle this length but I don't mind. Plus I gave up dyeing cos I couldn't stand the feel of coloured hair so I had stopped trying to grow it long. In a couple of months I should be all virgin.
    THANKS SO MUCH, TOADSTOOL I LOVE YOUR NEW PHOTO, PROGRESS IS CERTAINLY BEING MADE!!

Length
    17.5/17.5/17
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Welcome Theobroma!! Your hair is beautiful!!

Restourceful, what an awesome cake!!! I am really impressed, esp. if that is her first one! Wow!! And you look beautiful!!

Toadstool, looks like you've got some really nice virgin growth there! Very flattering!!

Oh, and the answer to the question re: length or virgin? For me, it's length. But I don't really have a very noticeable demarcation line. If it was more noticeable it might bug me more! :-)
    Last edited by mellie; May 31st, 2010 at 06:07 PM.

Gregorian Enchantress Theobroma's Avatar
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

mellie: Thank you! I'm so glad to have found this group. Nice to know there are so many others out there who love their silvers!

Length
    17.5/17.5/17
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Theobroma, would you like to be an official Renegray? I can add you to the list on the first posting!

Length
    24/Pixie/n/a
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Sorry to have been missing so much - I have been reading, just not much time to answer.

Happy Birthday to all the special and wonderful people here who have had birthdays in the last few weeks. I pray your year ahead will be full of God's richest blessings.

Wow, what stunning photo's of virgin growth and beautiful silver sprinkles.

I was looking at my hair this morning and very nearly reached for the scissors to cut of the dyed ends. My virgin growth (some with a little semi-perm ash left) is basically at my shoulders and I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tempted to just cut off the dyed ends.

My brain is still arguing with itself - and the two sides of the argument are:

1 - Just cut off the dyed ends and you can grow it again without the aggrivation of the different colours.

2 - It has taken so long to grow and you love it long and you can slowly trim out the dye.

The fact that I self trim does not help as I don't even have to make a hairdresser appointment which would force me to wait. I know I should wait 2 weeks before doing anything, but right now a big part of me does not want to wait!

I have been looking at pictures of my hair at shoulder length and the other positive is that my wurls are great at that length.

SOOOOOO tempted - please give me the pro's and con's as you see it to help me make this call.
    I still love the idea of long hair, but really enjoying my all natural pixie. Contemplating growing to layered bsl & strawberry blond with cassia & henna.

Length
    17.5/17.5/17
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

MerryKat, don't trim!! I love your length and your beautiful wurls!

Length
    13?/30/Long
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Merrykat, here are my thoughts, I was just ruminating on this myself this week. The old length versus virgin question. It is important to me to be able to wear my hair up. On bad hair days, when things aren't laying "right" or sometimes I want to look professional at work but still be somewhat cool in this summer heat. Plus updos are so fun and versatile! Oh there are all sorts of reasons. For me shoulder length is bare minimum for most/any updos besides a ponytail. So, if it was me I would want to wait just a bit longer.

Is your demarcation line really noticeable to you? I can see it in your pictures but I think it looks pretty good. But this all depends, do you like wearing you hair down or up more? If you like wearing it down a lot I can understand how the line between the colors could get annoying. I know that the 2 week rule is a good one, maybe you could put the scissors in some really difficult/inconvient place for a little while just to give you pause??

Good luck and I hope you make the best decision for you!!
    Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour.~Ovid~
    Nae