Page 1012 of 2498 FirstFirst ... 1251291296210021010101110121013101410221062111215122012 ... LastLast
Results 10,111 to 10,120 of 24973

Thread: The Salt & Pepper Thread!

Length
    ??/33/TERM

Default Re: The Salt & Pepper Thread!

Congratulations 1,000 pages ans 10,000 posts a few pages back.
    Lots to catch up on.
    Demetrue Your extentions look very pretty.
    welcome to everyone new. This is definatley the BEST group.
    Have been busy lately but missing everyones imputs and encouragement for each other.
    Truely AWESOME group everyone.
    Juanita

Hi Juanita. Glad you could pop in.
    Utlizing only the Contacts portion of the Friends list feature.

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

restourceful - we could be Elf Maidens! Elf Maidens with moonlit tresses!

Merry Kat - so I am in the middle of my second week of No S. So far I lost 3 pounds (it went down to 5 pounds, then went back up 2) - I hope it keeps on going down.

Lady Nereida of the Riptide Shores - LHK
    Renegray: Silver Hair is a Sparkling Diadem

Demetrue, don't worry about small fluctuations. Weight can fluctuate by a couple of pounds on any given day. Just keep at it and you will see your success in the long run.

I would love to be an Elf Maiden with you!

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nae View Post
    I'm 33, but what the heck. I am sick and tired of the dye, which smells funny. Henna seems intriguing but messy, I suspect it smells funny too. Yeah the color is cool but it would all turn dark in my hair anyways. Plus then I would have to go through the stage again where it looks like I need to do my roots. Blah
    Been there, done that, got the tshirt. I started going white in my 20's and dyed my hair red for a couple of decades until I wised up and let it go natural.

I didn't realize how much damage I was doing to my hair until I stopped the chemicals. In the grow-out stage I just did a bunch of updo's and braids and the multi-toned hair made them much more interesting!

Length
    18"/31"/60"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I'm at the 'in between' I guess. My grays are coming in, boy are they coming in, and right now to me I just look blah. I love the red that is still on the lower part that the grays have not made it down to, yet. I just don't want damage and will not go back to roots and touchups, again.

I guess eventually it will 'look' great. The top part of my hair loses the reddish blonde inthe winter and picks it back up in the summer.

Boo Hiss......I will just have to be patient, I guess.

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Ok, I'm going to admit that my gray hairs exist and that my hair does not like to be covered up or hidden with dye. Getting the henna to stay in my hair is a battle and it's messy and I don't want to bother with it anymore.

So chin length right now. Damage goes about to eyebrows, but I am NOT doing a big chop and going thru all the grow out all over again. The improvement in care I've learned from LHC in 3 months has really made a big difference in how my hair is growing out. I think the henna helped some - but if it won't stay, I'm not going to bother. Got about 2" of roots that don't look hennaed or hennaed much.

So I'm just going to keep letting it grow and trimming 1/4" off the ends every 4 weeks until I get to APL, then I'm going to trim off even with how much growth I have until I get rid of the henna, then I'll try the no-trim club for a while. Right now, the 1/4" trim isn't shortening my hair up too badly other than the pixie mullet grow out - plus my hair is generally agreeable for 2-3 weeks post trim, but once I get past 4 weeks, the velcro ends get too much and then I start having more breakage.

Oh yeah, I'm 28 almost 29. Grays are sprinkled about, mostly near my natural part line. Not many of them and they hide pretty well yet, but they are there, they won't go away, so I'm going to have sparkly tinsel in my hair.

Welcome MandyBeth!

Length
    ?/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Welcome to all our new members!

Demetrue - I love those little braids and actually had mine like that a couple of days ago. Except I feel like an elf grandma, maybe. (still a bit sick, - feeling a bit like a pincushion with all the medical lately!

~Proud member of the Renegray Gang~

Persistent Procrastinator teela1978's Avatar
    Length
    19/34/36
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nae View Post
    I'm 33, but what the heck. I am sick and tired of the dye, which smells funny. Henna seems intriguing but messy, I suspect it smells funny too. Yeah the color is cool but it would all turn dark in my hair anyways. Plus then I would have to go through the stage again where it looks like I need to do my roots. Blah

I am glad to get to this stage where it definately looks intentional. Plus I want long hair, I don't want to have a huge demarcation line forever (even though some of the ladies here really rock that look and I bow to them.) So I might as well do it now and then not have to worry bout it.

I am so glad to have found you crazy Renegrays! So supportive and SO gorgeous. You have really been an inspiration.
    The growout sucks. At least it did for me. And boy is there ever a lot more grey than I realized (and they multiply!). The grey is a little scary to me. I still occasionally think I should do something about it... but I don't get any comments aside from the occasional "wow Lisa, you have a LOT of grey hair" from tall friends. For now its staying natural.

I don't have to dye my hair. I don't have to deal with roots. I gained an inch of circumference to my thickness once the dye grew out (am I the only one who sheds a squirrel every time they dye?). My hair is glossier, shinier, stronger, and doesn't tangle as much.

I grew out until my undyed hair was to about shoulder length and then chopped. Its nice to have one less thing to upkeep.