Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is long hair increasingly popular?

Length
    24?/31.5"/32"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

Default Is long hair increasingly popular?

So I was at the Union Square Holiday Craft Faire today and there were so many long hairs that if I had been counting I would have lost count. Long hairs were everywhere, not just making and selling crafts, but wandering through.

It got me thinking that if here in the center of Manhattan there are so many long hairs, maybe it's becoming more popular and generally acceptable. The long hairs were mostly women, but of all ages and hair types. I didn't see any classic or longer, but tons longer than BSL and many around waist or hip length.

I think especially in our current celebrity worship culture, long hair may be becoming not only popular but almost idealized. I'm thinking of common pop culture icons like Tyra Banks or younger tv stars like Blake Lively.

I think long hair is In! Any thoughts? Have you noticed increasing long hair sightings in your area?
    To see a world in a grain of sand, And a heaven in a wild flower, Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, And eternity in an hour. – William Blake

Length
    Pixie/BSL++/Waist
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

Default Re: Is long hair increasingly popular?

lyria, now that you mention it, I have been seeing a lot more long hair in my area. It seems to be particularly in the 20-something aged women and it's lovely well cared for hair.
    Lady Caillech, Protector of Gaia in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Not all those who wander are lost.
    Blog Pics MY ETSY STORE: SilverHoundStudio

Length
    18"/30"/40"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i/ii

hmm I'm not sure I've noticed but I'll be looking now for sure. I think "natural" in general is becoming more popular and accepted; rather than being shunned as "hippy."

Length
    APL/waist/class
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

It is in, especially hip/tailbone length hair. There are quite a few girls in my school with long, very straight, blunt-hemline hair about hip-length. I think it's quite stylish, though I don't know how they can get it to grow so long and healthy when they flat iron it every day. My hair would be totally fried.

Grow, grow, grow!

Length
    APL/APL/BSL+
    Type
    1b/M/i/ii

There's a whole lot of girls at my school with hair BSL length or sometimes longer. They do blowfry, straighten, and curl them though. Some are lucky to still have beautiful hair. Not many girls have shoulder-length or above.

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

It is not around here at all. But then where I live is a little behind the "style" compared to bigger cities. The girls in high school still have shoulder length flat-ironed hair here mostly. How can it suddenly be in style? It takes years to grow it that long unless they are using extensions.
    Last edited by Curlsgirl; November 23rd, 2008 at 07:05 PM.

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

I see lots of long hair around here. I definitely think it's becoming more popular.

Length
    Pixie/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

I think what TV and the media tells us about what women should have, how they should look, and all those makeover shows are full of you know what!

Did you ever notice, in a makeover show, the one's chopping off everyone's hair so they are "in fashion" have long hair? That most of the desired beautiful hollywood stars all have long hair? Yet, we're told whats in fashion is short short short and more short.

I often wonder if its jealousy on the part of those on the inside that want to hack all our hair off so they look better than us LOL.
    Once you place a candle in the dark, you can't deny the light. . Once you give to man that candle, you give his mind the power of flight. - Myself.
    Lady Seyllea, Oracle of Time and Becoming in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    13in./18in./BSL
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Wow.. well yeah, I think it definitely has been. I see alot of people in my area, around my age, with shorter hair though.. so maybe it's the area. But I just love long hair! And there are alot of celebrities who are doing the long hair thing. It's look great!

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

It's hard for long hair to suddenly become trendy, though. Unless you're getting extensions, you can't wake up and say "I'm going to have long hair today!"
    Picture on left in front of "my" flower.
    Photo Album
    No more Mr. Nice Gaius.