Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Link to article about Mall Curling Iron Kiosks

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Link to article about Mall Curling Iron Kiosks

I just keep moving. I've never had anybody chase me down.

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

I feel bad for them sometimes. They get a lot of abuse because their jobs count on their being annoying. Sort of like telemarketers.

When they follow you, it IS out of line, but they won't make any sales if they don't draw attention to themselves. It's not like they work in department stores.
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)

Length
    3/28"/36-40
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I did like what one person suggested in a comment. They said they should draw a circle around the kiosks and the sales people should have to stay in the circle when trying to sell.

Length
    pixie/hiBSL/CURLY
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by nimeera View Post
    I was accosted at a mall kiosk yesterday. I saw some rhinestone hair toys. But as soon as I started looking, I was swooped down on by three sales associates. Where did they all come from?!? They wanted to try the toys in my hair, or in a manekins hair. I swiftly disengaged and moved on.
    This happens to me a lot too - and like another gal mentioned, I worry about the potential cooties I could get if they just randomly stuff objects into my hair! Ack!

Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MandaMom2Three View Post
    I LOVE these kiosks! I used to be real timid and would get walked over by everyone, these guys give me lots of practice being assertive
    What an excellent example of taking a negative and turning it into a positive! I'm proud of you, MM2T!

Sounds like it's best I'm not trolling malls anymore! In all fairness, playing the devil's advocate, and all, in a world where the purse strings have been sharply curtailed and spending on luxury items and services is drying up, these salesmen have their work cut out for them.

However, accosting a potential customer is NOT the best way to go about making a sale. It scares people away from your display, racing after them through the corridors will get you arrested for stalking, but desperation causes strange behavior, for sure. (

Honestly, it's hard to imagine anyone ever succumbing to one of these bull-dozing sales tactics, but someone must have at some point, or they wouldn't be so universally employed. Maybe some people become so frightened they throw money at them just to escape? Yikes!
    The Blog: Skipping Barefoot Down the Rocky Road of Life