Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Link to article about Mall Curling Iron Kiosks

Length
    3/28"/36-40
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Link to article about Mall Curling Iron Kiosks

Since I run a site about malls I was looking at a similar site I like and they had a link to an article by a local paper about those mall kiosks with the curling irons.

The Capitol Times - Madison, WI
    http://www.madison.com/tct/business/313887

ETA:
    This is the site I found the link on and they talk about it too
    http://www.labelscar.com/

Type
    2a/C/iii

Default Re: Link to article about Mall Curling Iron Kiosks

They have those kind of kiosks here in UK too. I usually do a wide berth and try not to catch their eye. Sometimes I can't help but look in horror as they burn peoples hair.

Length
    28/45/36
    Type
    1b/M/C/iii

Those people scare me, they always follow me at least 20 feet if my hair is down.
    * Ann @ Last.FM * Hair Journal *
    I'm past goal, I don't know what I'm doing now.

Length
    pixie/16"/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/iii

I dont go near the straightening iron kiosks in the UK - bypassing the damage issue, they don't seem to clean the irons between demonstrations - ew, ew, ew. Hygiene much?
    Virgin hair; apparently auburn! CV bars/conefree CO, Panacea, oil, cassia. Want to try: sidr, catnip.
    1" Pixie (3.3.13), now 16" (1.2.14), mini goal 23", BSL 28", WL 36", TB 42", Classic 50", Knee 62"

Length
    17"/20"/??
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

I was stalked through a mall in Illinois by a cell phone salesman, who got abusive when I turned down his sales offer. I ended up going to mall management and filing a complaint - most people don't bother, so it was a big deal that someone actually complained. As I recall, the stand got fined and the employee got fired.

Length
    18/43/60
    Type
    2b/2c/M/i/ii

I was accosted at a mall kiosk yesterday. I saw some rhinestone hair toys. But as soon as I started looking, I was swooped down on by three sales associates. Where did they all come from?!? They wanted to try the toys in my hair, or in a manekins hair. I swiftly disengaged and moved on.

I LOVE these kiosks! I used to be real timid and would get walked over by everyone, these guys give me lots of practice being assertive

I seldom go to the mall and I especially avoid it during holiday shopping season. But when I do, there are certain kiosks in particular (the "Dead Sea" products and the straightening iron kiosk to name two of the worst) that I simply avoid by any means available to me. I often find myself scoping them out ahead of time, waiting until they find another victim and then scooting by before I get ensnared if I am shopping alone. If I'm with someone we make certain to be terribly engrossed in conversation and we simply don't notice them when we walk by.
    If simply saying no thank-you when you pass were enough, I would do that but these people are like pit-bulls. Tenacious!

Length
    chin/APL/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Man, good thing I hate shopping and avoid the mall like the plague. I cannot stand aggressive sales people and would probably end up making one of them cry.
    Lady Oiolyka of the Tumbling Waves in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Malls in general can be annoying with the crowds and noise in a contained space. However, I didn't notice those kiosks until a good five years ago. I don't get it. Is it just a way for the mall to earn money by taking up floor space? Because really that space should be for people to walk in the mall - I mean, that was how the mall was first designed, right? So there's now less space for shoppers and then everyone's trying to avoid the crazy salespeople.