Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I love long hair...but I'm a klutz--the funny thread :)

Length
    27/32-33/35'
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Arrow I love long hair...but I'm a klutz--the funny thread :)

Seeing as I've had a stomach bug for over a week and the heater in my apartment is dead and may not be revivied for a week, I need to laugh!

So, I wanted to start a funny thread!

We all love long hair here, but have any of you ever had less than graceful moments with your long hair?

Story 1. In bed, late night. Now, I always pile my hair up ontop of my head on my pillow. It was summer, so it was warm. I am a restless sleeper starting out, so as I turned over, I freaked when I saw what appeared to be a HUGE spider on my pillow and even more freaked when I jumped up and it followed me.
    Yes folks, it was the tails of my hair.

Story 2. My attempt at using a ficcarre. Clipped hair, did not hold it, and furthermore, got the end of the clip caught in the hair.

Story 3. Restless night, tossing and turning, and I ended up getting my hair choaking me around my neck

Ok, so, let's share those stories!

(oh, and loads of hair slammed in the car door and throwing a braid over my shoulder and either hitting someone or hitting myself in the face. Thinking someone was hitting me in the hollow of my back when riding and realizing it was my braid smacking me....the list goes on)

Length
    APL/APL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: I love long hair...but I'm a spazz--the funny thread :)

Ah yes, my hair has been known to choke me in my sleep. It has an evil mind I tell you! I think it was from all of the bleaching and choking it with cones all these years... I guess it tried to get its paybacks.

As I was eating my cereal a few mornings ago I managed to dip about 2 inches of my ends in the milk

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Felt a hair tickling my thigh. Since my hair isn't that long yet, I assumed that it was a shed hair. So I tried to pluck it away, but it felt like it was attached to my head. My very first thought was "How could this hair have been missed during trimming?" Turns out it was a shed hair knotted to a growing hair. Which I should have known, but ...

Maybe you had to be here to think that was funny.

Length
    8"/30"/Term
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I actually swallowed some of my own hair while it was still attached! Yeah, I eat too fast!

Mary <><
    Matthew 5:14-16

Length
    baby/59"/60
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Can't think of any stories in particular, (but lots of times I've stepped on it, and got it stuck places and whatnot) but I hope you're feeling better soon! That sounds very miserable.
    I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
    -Psalm 139:14

Length
    40+/MBL/Waist
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Here's one: My roommate was helping me measure my hair. "Most is around 37, and there's one that goes down to 39. No, 40...42...what!?!?" Turns out it was like spidermom's: tied to an attached hair.

What also happens more frequently than I'd like to admit is that I'll get in the car, careful not to get anything stuck in the door, and whilst driving the windows will go up and my hair will get sucked right out. Always embarrassing.

I also have the tendency to put my elbow on it or something and not be able to stand up.

And, of course, countless times I have (accidentally!) hit myself or someone else in the face with my -heavy- mass of hair. It's definitely "oof!"-worthy.

I hope you feel better soon!
    Lady Angellen, Bound Raven in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

I am the Vampire Queen

Length
    27/32-33/35'
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Thanks Blnde Thankfully, I haven't been throwing up, but I sure can't eat anything. I see food and ugh. And you think I'd be losing weight, but nooope! Grr.

I think it's hilarious--how we love our long hair, but then these things happen. Love it when I eat my hair. Mmmmm. (gag!) Of course, there are days I have to pull some out of my kitties mouths too.

Length
    21"/25/29
    Type
    2a/F/iii

I'm right there with you with the stomach bug - I've lost four pounds in about three days. I am so sick of ginger ale and crackers. Tonight was a week and I had my first real meal. So far so good. My boss has it also, she's lost five pounds. Chocolate was the worst for me - of course I baked for Thanksgiving but could I eat any of it without being sick - and brilliant me had to try not once not twice but three times. So I'm off sugar for another week or so.
    Let's see funny hair.... I haven't broke the vacuum yet, but not for lack of my hair trying. I can rake my hair out of the bath mats in the bathroom. We have a game in our house to capture the wild dust bunnies - baby bunnies get extra points. Of course they are usually comprised of at least one long hair. and I'm in the middle of french twist figure eight (should write figure how) length. My french twist makes my head look egg shaped and I'm not quite long enough to pull off a log roll or those nice figure eight buns.
    Hope you feel better soon!

Length
    pixie/hip/term

Long hair can be inconvenient, but the worst for me was morning sickness. I had it from the end of month one until delivery, usually several times a day, and I got so sick of barfing on my hair. If it was loose, I'd sort of grab at it and hang on, but, well, accidents happen. I used to look at the cats wharfing up hairballs and say, "Dude, totally know how ya feel."

Length
    waist/calf/term
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I guess the funniest thing that has ever happened to me other than closing the car windows on a few strands, is once the end of my long ponytail almost got wound around a portable electric fan when I got a little to close to it at work one day......I was mortified!!

This isn't really funny, but I have had people (guys mostly) to give me a friendly hug and get their hand or sleeve button caught in my hair when I wore it down a lot! Sheesh!

LONG LIVE THE UPDO!!! (o:

ETA: I do hope you are feeling much better soon! God Bless!
    Last edited by Tressie; December 1st, 2008 at 08:10 PM.
    Lady Bernadetta of the Fabulous Four Tops Forever Fanatics ~
    in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights!