Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orange hair, oh nooo...

Type
    2a/M/iii

Default Orange hair, oh nooo...

Ok, so I bleached my hair today, and it turned a light orange. What color should I use to get it to a beigy blonde ??? Not to dark. I keep reading about violet based colors and I have no idea how to figure out which colors have a blue-violet base ? Is it the numbers one the colors ? I'm from denmark, so can't go to sally's.
    I have to go buy it tomorrow, can't live to long with this color
    Waiting for waist

Length
    APL/APL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Orange hair, oh nooo...

First, I would pamper your tresses and give them as much moisture/protein as necessary. I bleached my hair a couple years ago and it killed my hair! Give it a few days before you dye it more.

Queen of Apathy HairColoredHair's Avatar
    Length
    short/knee/???
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

Definitely give the hair some time and pampering. Then you'll probably want to look for an 'ash' color.
    Fav Products: Honey and Horn Combs! Current Length: Just above knee (a 'little' trim)
    Goal: Uh... Moo!

Length
    Pixie/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

Don't use violet based. Don't. You'll regret it.

As an artist I can tell you, to cancel out one color you want the direct opposite on the color wheel. For orange, the direct opposite is GREEN. If you go violet based, picture mixing violet with orange, you'll get a muddy color, bleh.

To find colors with "green" as a base, use colors that say ASH. Use a medium ash blonde and you will end up with not an ash color over the orange, but beige. Trust me, I have a lot of experience in this department.
    Once you place a candle in the dark, you can't deny the light. . Once you give to man that candle, you give his mind the power of flight. - Myself.
    Lady Seyllea, Oracle of Time and Becoming in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

In terms of hair coloring, you need a cool tone (tinting to blue versus warm tone which tints to red, orange or warmer shades..) And I'm just going to give you a rundown incase you are planning to color. Just don't do it quite yet, let the hair recover for some time and pamper it.

Words for this could contain : Ash, pearl..

And numbers (!!) May depend on maker, which annoys me great deal when they don't use the standard..
    But usually it would be x.1 / x.2

x = the darkness tone (from 1-10, 10 being lightest platinum blonde & 1 being black)
    .xx = shade (1 = ash, 2= pearl)

Let's say for an example.. 8.10, which is mid blonde ash..

And some producers use letters:
    A= Ash, P= Pearl, V=violet,
    (and warmer tones: G= gold, R= red, N= Naturel, B= Beige etc..)
    Lady Illmater Mother of Väinämöinen in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    2a/M/iii

Thank you all so much

I will try an ash color, kirin, I just hope it dosn't get muddy looking on the light yellow I have by the roots then ???

And savi, thanks for explaining that to me
    Waiting for waist

Length
    26/40/?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

I've had a hairdressers license for over 30 years. It is pretty difficult to get hair that is a dark orange to a beige blonde. Here are two options that might work...

1. Bleach the hair further to a yellow base (two more stages lighter than Orange), then it will accept the beige blonde toner.

2. You could use a High Lift tint with a 40 volume peroxide which will get you closer to a blonde color.

I would not suggest using a boxed color from the store. It doesn't have enough lifting power to get your hair light enough to end up being any shade of blonde. It would end up being a mousey light brown and I doubt that you would be happy with that.

Trying to get a dark hair color to a blonde is quite difficult and best left to a professional.

Length
    Pixie/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

I have to agree, a professional colorist is the best way to go. However, not everyone can afford that, lord knows I couldn't. Your results may vary from someone else, but I have successfully lifted black dye to light orange and to beige blonde by using Nice n' Easy Medium ash blonde. My roots were also yellow, and were an ash blonde, but that faded after several days and washes.

You WILL have damage, from bleach and coloring. STRAND TEST. Watch any color you do carefully checking in a well lit room with a mirror. This is the best way to find out how the color will turn out.
    Once you place a candle in the dark, you can't deny the light. . Once you give to man that candle, you give his mind the power of flight. - Myself.
    Lady Seyllea, Oracle of Time and Becoming in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    2a/M/iii

zaftig2k: Thanks. But can't afford a hairdresser at this moment And I dont like bleaching, was hoping that one time was enough It's light orange, and yellow some places.

Kirin: I have found a color, it's a medium ash blonde 8.1, nutrisse. I'm planning on using that. We dont have nice'n'easy in Denmark. But it's ok to use a permanent color right ? Some say toner, but I dont even know where to find those We dont have the biggest selection in little Denmark
    Waiting for waist

Length
    15/26/31
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Bianca, I did like the red hair on you.. one of your photo's named Red. I felt it really suited you.