Thread: Hairline from hell

Length
    S-L/APL/BSL
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

Default Hairline from hell

Overall my hair is pretty nice, wavy and thick, though not as long as I would like it, but hey! My hairline is anything but, though.
    Frizzy, fragile, breakies that never grow more than 1½ inch or so. All the way around my hairline, I have a one inch patch of hair that is inferior to the rest of it. It makes my hair look more damaged than it really is. Also, it makes my hair look more unkempt than it is - I guess being a fan of the bedhead look comes in handy, huh?

Any suggestions as to how to turn this around?

My routine is mostly conefree, CO most of the time, no heat, etc.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Hairline from hell

Some hairs have a very short growth span, and that may be the cause of your relatively short hairs around the hair line. I notice that on either side of my forehead, I always have hairs that are only 2-4 inches long. I can neaten them by using a little gel to smooth them into the hairs nearby. You could try that. The short hairs around the nape of my neck I encourage to curl by twirling them around wet and slightly gelled fingers.

Length
    ~20"/45"/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

I say if you can't beat them, embrace them. Gently style them into some soft wisps that look intentional. If they're going to be short forever, you don't need to worry as much about the effects of styling products or heat. So try a little styling gel or a curling iron to form them into a more controlled light wisp of curl. I actually like this look anyway. It's soft and prevents updos from looking too severe.

Proud member of the Renegray Gang

Length
    ?/26/30++
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I've got a lot of this gong on from another spurt of growth, and have taken to pulling my hair up and back into an almost pompadour at the front. I can't beat these hairs, so I might as well join them, right?

Pull the front and/or sides straight back, clip (I'm using a Flexi-, then clip any excess "pouf" down with a mini claw clip, bobby pins, barettes, etc.

Right now I am wearing it in something like this:

http://www.whowhatwear.com/website/f...e-new-half-up/

though my hair would never, ever be that sleek, so I am letting it be big, and enjoying it. It looks really nice today, despite waking up with the kind of halo you describe.
    Feb 2013, solid BSL again but shedding. Wondering if this is really terminal length. Hairtype 1b/2b, F/M, ii

Length
    22/34/term
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

I think the little wispies in front look cute. Pretty much everyone I know has them, I don't know of any solution to keep them from breaking. I do regular s&d- that seems to help at least keep them healthy and from splitting too much.
    My Photo Journal like books?-- see my journal!
    I am lady Athena, keeper of wisdom, in the order of the long haired knights!