Thread: Oiling after indigo

Length
    fried/WL35/48-tm
    Type
    1b/M/i/ii

Default Oiling after indigo

I just used indigo on my hair for the first time. I was told not to shampoo for a couple days because of how fickle the dye can be about holding.

My question is, would I be able to oil safely? Oils have been known to be cleansing--I don't want to cleanse the dye right out before it's set in! I haven't used oil in days because it's difficult for me to get henna to hold unless my hair is stripped of oil entirely.
    Any time is a good time for coffee time!
    ++++++.++++++.++++++

Length
    pixie/Nape/25+
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Oiling after indigo

I have used indigo (hendigo) twice recently. Oiling a lot with coconut has helped me get some of the blue-black colour to fade. I think it's accurate to assume that to some degree any oil will strip colour from the hair.
    When I used to use box dyes my oil treatments caused them to fade much more rapidly as well.
    We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves. - Dalai Lama

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

I've always oiled after hendigo and never had fading immediately afterwards. My problem is always with indigo fading about three weeks later. I only wash about once a week, so it's not from frequent washing or anything like that. I'm going to try a Rainbow henna mix next time and see how it works. Haven't done a two-step yet because I'm lazy (lol), but it might come to that. If I didn't have my greys I wouldn't mind so much, but those orangy strands look a little odd with my dark hair.

Length
    fried/WL35/48-tm
    Type
    1b/M/i/ii

Thank you for the responses, I'll tread carefully with the oiling and washing. I guess I'll have to learn by experience on this one.
    Any time is a good time for coffee time!
    ++++++.++++++.++++++