Thread: Interesting henna I found

Length
    9/APL/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Interesting henna I found

I have bought some henna from a Fair trade shop which I love, this henna is made by a little company of women called 'Kali ata Ki Jai!' and surprisingly it is situated in Tanzania. It says on the package that it has been made organically without any chemicals involved in any process, sounds good

Aah, I just have to show a link to this product, I find the package so nice: http://www.helunanetti.com/reilun-ka...na-p-1131.html

The thing that caught me the most with this henna when I used it the first time is that it really does feel more conditioning than any other type of henna I have tried. When I mixed it it sort of acted like methi, a bit gelatin like. But it didn't give much dye, I think I must wait for some dye release with this one. I could also mention that it is not finely sifted, but I don't find it that bothering.
    I will try it today again, I have it sitting now on a warm place. I also added some lemon juice. I will also use much more of it than the last time, so it will be interesting to see what results this shall bring.

Now I wonder if any of you here have heard about or used African henna before? Other than Moroccan?

Lets see how long this little lump can get. Viva la natural!
    Lady Nemetona, Adept of the Henna Flame in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Can't keep away, it seems Unofficial_Rose's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Interesting henna I found

I really love the packaging too! So charming.

Perhaps it is extra-conditioning because it is good quality? or because it has added herbs, as you suggest. I've never used anything other than Persian, Indian and Yemeni henna, so I can't help on that front.

Length
    9/APL/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Yeah, it seems like good quality, smells and looks really fresh.
    I have now hennaed and washed it out, and my hair has dried. It really gave a nice colour this time, a very sort of warm copper without much burgundy nor orange in it. And it's also very soft to the touch. I wish I hadn't put any coconut oil in the henna, I put about one teaspoon of it, I think the oil somehow made my hair feel less nice than the last time when I did not put any oil. It feels a bit overly hydrated.

Lets see how long this little lump can get. Viva la natural!
    Lady Nemetona, Adept of the Henna Flame in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Account Closed by Member Request

Translating what is said about that henna:
    It is pure, sun dried and cut by hand..no toxins or additives.

❀☾ⓟᵃᵑᵈᵒᴿᵃ ℒᵒᵑᶢᶩᵒᶜᵏᶳ☽❁ princessp's Avatar
    Length
    27"/39"/42"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by little_cherry View Post
    Translating what is said about that henna:
    It is pure, sun dried and cut by hand..no toxins or additives.
    Thank you!

Very cool Fethenwen. I'm curious, do you have pictures of it in action?
    Pandora LongLocks of the Forbidden Treasure in the Order of the Long Haired Knights