Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: protein for hair only hides damage

Default protein for hair only hides damage

Does anyone else think protein for curly hair is bs if you don't have damage?

Someone put keratin on my hair before getting a cut and i didn't have tiime to refuse it. I'm worried it has relaxed my hair and it was completely pointless to do.

You cannot feed the hair protein you can't only coat it in protein which an hide damage if you have it, but if you don't have it it's pointless...

plus protein treatments only weigh the hair down so if u have curls all it will do is relax them not make them bouncy like the curly girl method is... cgm is bull **** imo

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: protein for hair only hides damage

Some people find protein doing good things for their hair, some nothing at all and others the opposite. There's no one true rule that applies to everyone.

Why don't you just wash your hair as usual and see if it still has the same curl pattern, if you're worried?

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I cannot speak for curls because I have waves but I don't think it's true.
    My hair is not damaged at all- on the contrary, it's very healthy. But it loves protein.
    Immediate volume and enhanced wave pattern.
    I'm aware that some curlies may hate protein when used too often and run the risk of protein overload. But it doesn't mean they don't need it.
    It's all about a balance between proteins, emollients and humectants
    Den som väntar på något gott väntar aldrig för länge.

Lady Sheala the Conjurer of the Empress Tree in the Order of Long Haired Knights

Default leave in keratin amino aicds on curly hair

some woman put this on my hair before cutting it, my hair is still curlly.
    Yet I'm really upset about it it has keratin amino acids in it which I believe have made my curls more limp.

I didn't ask for anything to be done to my hair just a cut but she insisted on this, i didn't want any smoothing i never complained about frizz i don't care about frizz i find conditioner sorts it out.

Aqua, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Ascorbic Acid, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Tocopherol, Keratin Amino Acids, Urtica Dioica Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Parfum.

Does anyone with curls no if any of those ingredients would permantly make curls limp if applied. The amino acids scare me because I don't want my hair strucutre being played with.,

https://www.beautyflash.co.uk/kis-da...-leave-in.html

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

There is no point in creating a new thread about the same subject. So I have merged your two threads. //Tatsu

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    buzz/wl/hip
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

hey, i have curly hair that gets easily overwhelmed by protein. the product you posted is just a CGM friendly leave in that won't do any permanent damage (or permanent help) to your hair. keratin in a product ingredient list is not "keratin straightening" and it's water soluble, if your curls feel limp, they'll get back if you wash your hair a few times. it's really hard for something to permanently change your curl pattern, only henna or relaxer products/treatments would do that and a hairdresser wouldn't do that for free

Length
    17.5/26/27
    Type
    4a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by filip View Post
    some woman put this on my hair before cutting it, my hair is still curlly.
    Yet I'm really upset about it it has keratin amino acids in it which I believe have made my curls more limp.

I didn't ask for anything to be done to my hair just a cut but she insisted on this, i didn't want any smoothing i never complained about frizz i don't care about frizz i find conditioner sorts it out.

Aqua, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Ascorbic Acid, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Tocopherol, Keratin Amino Acids, Urtica Dioica Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Parfum.

Does anyone with curls no if any of those ingredients would permantly make curls limp if applied. The amino acids scare me because I don't want my hair strucutre being played with.,

https://www.beautyflash.co.uk/kis-da...-leave-in.html

This honestly seems like a pretty basic conditioner with protein.

A keratin treatment that smoothes your hair and changes the chemical structure of your hair *usually* also involves the application of heat. Or a formadehyde releasing product that absolutely stinks in a way you'd probably notice.

Length
    buzz/wl/hip
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

with regards to the "it only hides damage" part of this topic... that's all you can hope for with a cosmetic product, really.

even the manufacturers of olaplex or k18 say their effects aren't permanent, by the laws of chemistry (or even like. physics.), once a hair gets damaged, you can't really mend the proteins it's made of the way they were before and put the cuticle back on it. what the best of the best products are gonna do is protect the hair from further damage and a great way to do that is to make it temporarily behave like healthy hair, because once it gets rough, it's more likely to get damaged even more easily from tangles/combing/handling.

that's also why so many people on this forum wear buns all the time, if that weren't the case, they'd go on their merry way and then put a magical permanent split end mending, damage reversing product. (though all the TV commercials seem to sell that thing...)

Length
    12/28.35/40
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

The same for oils, glycerin, etc. Hair is a dead tissue, can't be permanently recovered

Default keratin amino acid leave in on curls

Someone put this on my hair https://www.kishaircare.co.uk/produc...ield-leave-in/

I have curly hair and I really didn't want it on my hair. Do you think the keratin aminoacids will cause my curls to become permanently relaxed she said it won't. She said it will wash out.#

It has made me really upset, looking at the ingredients........ she told me she put a pea sized amount...... i' mworried ti's done permanent damage to my curls