Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When/if you wear your hair down, do you keep it in front or behind?

Length
    waist/TB/long

Default Re: When/if you wear your hair down, do you keep it in front or behind?

I don't wear mine down, but when I did I always preferred that it stay behind my shoulders. It tended to get in my way.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I pretty much like it to the back unless I'm sitting down. I don't want to be grinding it against the back of the seat, so I try to remember to bring it forward. Sometimes I forget.

My hair doesn't stay to the back, though. It's always, ALWAYS falling forward with the slightest movement. I really prefer to have it braided and bunned. Out of sight, out of mind, until I'm in the mood for it.

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I don´t wear my hair down, because it´s fine and it clings to everything in the most annoying way. And it´s thin, so if I bring all of my hair forward, yes, it looks good, but then I have nothing in the back and it just looks ridiculous. When I had shorter hair (shoulder length or less) and it hung around my face, it sort of looked good (not that I like it flapping around my face, not at all) but since it´s so thin and one of my ears stands out (away from head in an awkward angle), top of that ear peaks out from under my hair canopy and it´s just a disgusting look I´ve loathed ever since I was a kid.

Length
    Neck/Waist/Knee

If I wear my hair in front, it tends to get snagged by everything I touch. Doors and the worst! Plus it's light and fine enough that just walking around creates enough of a breeze it soon spreads out and goes everywhere.

I will occasionally wear a hoodie or something and leave my hair out in front, but that is rare.

Length
    SL/HL/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/ii

It's just down today. English braid with oil tomorrow
    Find me at the beach or springs wishing I was a mermaid
    SL- MBL - WL - HL - TBL - CLASSIC - FTP - KNEE

Length
    BSL/HL/SDL
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I switch it up. If I want to look extra nice I wear it in the front, it hides the unevenness and thinness of my hemline. I'm a bit insecure about wearing it in the back nowadays for this reason, but I still do it sometimes. All to one side is also an option
    I'm fine
    Lady Sarana, Ranger of the Eastern Hills in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    If I wear my hair in front, it tends to get snagged by everything I touch. Doors and the worst! Plus it's light and fine enough that just walking around creates enough of a breeze it soon spreads out and goes everywhere.

I will occasionally wear a hoodie or something and leave my hair out in front, but that is rare.
    Yes I've noticed that with winter coats with hoodies girls usually keep their hair in front. I've never thought where my hair should be with winter coat (I have the hoodie too like most winter coats here). I guess it's somewhere

But yeah I guess this is mostly girls' habit, most adult women have their hair shorter or tied.
    Last edited by Priska; April 1st, 2024 at 05:57 PM.

I often wear mine over each shoulder, since it falls this way anyways. I pull it over one shoulder sometimes, but it doesn’t stay this way naturally. Wearing over each shoulder, my hair doesn’t rub as much against scarves and collars, couch or car seat, and god forbid toilets. I like to see my hair, feel comforted with it over my front, and think it frames my face well.

I wear my hair down 2-3x a week at most, but sometimes go weeks wearing it up due to windy winter weather or summer heat.
    Maintaining 31” HL last bleach nov 2020 final goal is HL virgin hair by 6/2025 for my 40th

I wear it at the back when it's down and loose. Looks more classy. And people see it as short in the front and get surprised when they see the back of it.

Length
    18"/33"/45"
    Type
    1b/M/ii

My grown out bangs make their way to the front and unfortunately those are the ones I fidget with. They are the most damaged ends I have
    Thinking Long Hair Thoughts