Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help recovering from telogen effluvium?

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Hoping it's all better from here onward

Quote Originally Posted by Vanille View Post
    3) In view of the above, does anyone get a sense that the hair follicles are more "easily triggered" (more prone to going back into a resting/shedding state) after an episode of TE? I'm wondering if I need to be more careful (at least for a while) than I needed to be in the past, in order to keep the hair I have and successfully re-grow what was lost.
    No. I was warned about this back when I had my TE in late 2019, but did not experience that to be the case. I think it's mostly because after the emotional shock of TE bout, we tend to become so hyper sensitive to shedding that we take note of even the slightest increase in shedding, which is nothing but normal fluctuation.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    APL/TBL/Long
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Default Re: Help recovering from telogen effluvium?

I dealt with this due to being put on medications that I didn't need (way too many) and after taking them for 2-3 years, a ton of my hair fell out. I weaned off the meds and am completely off them now. Hair was falling out in chunks.

My hair got quite thin and a couple months ago I cut it from classic to APL. Best thing I ever did. I've a ton of baby hairs now, so it's growing back. I'm enjoying the length, and I seem to be approaching BSL fast.

Length
    1/42/Max
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Arciela View Post
    I've a ton of baby hairs now, so it's growing back. I'm enjoying the length, and I seem to be approaching BSL fast.
    It's great to hear that it's growing back! Here's hoping everything is better from this point forward.
    Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.

I went through postpartum shedding last year that was very upsetting. I went 9 months with almost no shedding to running my hands down the length with many loose hairs. Hair absolutely everywhere. It has slowed down a year postpartum. I can't remember what my normal shedding amount was though. But it is encouraging enough to see new baby hairs all over. It is temporary.

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./72"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagerapunzel View Post
    I went through postpartum shedding last year that was very upsetting. I went 9 months with almost no shedding to running my hands down the length with many loose hairs. Hair absolutely everywhere. It has slowed down a year postpartum. I can't remember what my normal shedding amount was though. But it is encouraging enough to see new baby hairs all over. It is temporary.
    I smiled when I read this.l

So soon? That shedding is temporary and affects not just you is encouraging, but such shedding has a quite early start with the one-year old, no? TE isn't supposed to be contagious, or is it?

I know what you meant. A sense of humor is necessary
    Last edited by foreveryours; April 2nd, 2024 at 10:55 AM.
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Ha ha! Clever, foreveryours.

However... I've known babies to lose their birth hair completely and grow in something rather different in color and texture. Not my kids, but a friend's kid. Strange. Baby was born with almost shoulder length dark hair, then lost it all, grew back in much lighter. So long ago I don't recall how old the child was when the birth hair all fell out.
    Opting out of Friend Requests, thank you very much!

Lol... Interestingly enough, my baby was born with a whole head of hair and he still has it. His longest length is about to his armpits.