Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What length do you *think* of your hair as?

Length
    Pixie/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Default What length do you *think* of your hair as?

Do you think of your hair as shorter than it is, or longer? Or do you have a proper & accurate mental image of how long your hair looks?

Today I was walking around campus and I saw a girl with about CBL/nearing APL length hair and I though "wow I wish my hair were that long" ...but it is! It's past BSL now, but I still think of it at my shoulder. Another example, I had done two dutch braids in my hair one night to go to bed, and then braided my girlfriends hair as well. I asked her why her braids looked as long as mine, when her hair is at her shoulder. She completely disagreed but I really felt like mine barely hit my shoulder too... anyone else have stories?
    P̶i̶x̶i̶e̶,̶ ̶C̶h̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶C̶B̶L̶,̶ ̶A̶P̶L̶,̶ ̶B̶S̶L̶, WL

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Default Re: What length do you *think* of your hair as?

I tend to think of my hair as still CL and love to see in the mirror that it's actually just past KL! I think the reason is because I used to wear my hair loose or in a ponytail all the time until around TBL or CL, and now it's almost always in a bun or bonnet. (Hey, what's with all the hair related "b"s?! bun, bonnet, braid, barrette, buff, bob, bangs, black, brown, blonde, BCL, BSL)

​ETA: brush
    Last edited by SandyBottom; March 12th, 2024 at 07:33 PM.
    I pray for inner peace, family peace, world peace...Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Length
    PX/CL/KL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I still consider mine about waist or hip length because I wear mine bunned or braided majority of the time (and in a bonnet at night). Even when it's down for brushing it doesn't feel as long as it is. It's only when it gets a firm yank when I sit down or one of my cats steps on it if they're sharing my bed and want pats that notice that it's actually longer than that. Sometimes I'll see it in a mirror or reflection when it's down and go, "Huh. Is that mine?"
    ~~ Classic ~~ Fingertip ~~ Knee ~~ ? ~~

Length
    HL/BCL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Nah after years of having this kind of length I think I am aware of it.
    But this has happened to me in the past.

Length
    ?/Calf/TERM!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I think of it as calf now Until last week I think my mental image was stuck at waist length or something (that's the length I wear a ponytail bun) but I had a serious of headaches and had to put my hair all the way down and I could feel it touch my calves as I walked and it just felt so cool! Like I was finally at calf, but I have been for a long time, but it's hard to explain. I guess it felt "real" for the first time. Though to be honest I haven't looked at length closely but I'm pretty sure I'm still in the no man's land between calf and ankle...
    🐓_insert erudite quote here_🦤
    💗I'm a pink loving, bun wearing, rambling, bird person. Ta cheistanna agam!💗

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

It still sits on my shoulders despite *checks* juuuust touching my waist when stretched, so my brain goes with collarbone length as a compromise.
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./72"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by -Aithne- View Post
    I think of it as calf now Until last week I think my mental image was stuck at waist length or something (that's the length I wear a ponytail bun) but I had a serious of headaches and had to put my hair all the way down and I could feel it touch my calves as I walked and it just felt so cool! Like I was finally at calf, but I have been for a long time, but it's hard to explain. I guess it felt "real" for the first time. Though to be honest I haven't looked at length closely but I'm pretty sure I'm still in the no man's land between calf and ankle...
    LOL. A no man's land? Speak for yourself!
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

I think of my hair as still somewhere in the calf abyss, probably after being stuck there for so long But it also just doesn't feel as long as floor length should(?). In terms of taking care of it, not much has changed since calf, and even wearing it loose, I was already stepping on it long before it properly hit the ground. And it's easy to forget about, wearing it up every day. It still does surprise me when I look in the mirror and see it in full.

Length
    19/34/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

My hair is now solid hip, but I still think of it as waist.. The waves take up some of the length but it really is past my waist, I just don't grasp that fact. maybe because it is not hip from the front..
    I think my braid actually now comes to my natural waist!

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I tend to judge my thin ends and since I have a rather lot of taper past WL, even though my hair is technically BCL+ now, it sometimes looks and feels waist length to me.