Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pictures of your hair shed during detangling/wash day!

Length
    Pixie/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Default Pictures of your hair shed during detangling/wash day!

Alright, this may be gross...

But I cannot be the only person who collects my fallen hair on the side of the shower. It's a win-win, I see how much hair fall I have, AND it's less hair to clog my drain. I find it fascinating how much hair I can lose without going bald.

So anyways if anyone else does this, feel free to show your own personal hair ball from wash day, off your brush, or after detangling.

Here's mine (and your final warning if it'll gross you out)
    P̶i̶x̶i̶e̶,̶ ̶C̶h̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶C̶B̶L̶,̶ ̶A̶P̶L̶,̶ ̶B̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶W̶L̶!̶!̶ ....on to hip?

Length
    20"/39"/50"
    Type
    4b/4c/F/M/iii

Default Re: Pictures of your hair shed during detangling/wash day!

I don't think it's gross. It's pretty reasonable. If I don't collect the hairs and stick them to the walls then they clog up the drain. But it does look kind of scary in there when I'm done. Kind of like those old cartoons where the animal gets so scared and runs so fast, all their fur just stays behind....
    I'll have to remember to take a picture of my hair ball the next time I wash my hair.
    TBL>CL>MTL>KL

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

Chasemi, you need to watch curly/natural hair youtube wash day vids. All the girlies are quite happily showing off their shed hair balls. (Including me, lol, the following pic is a screencap from an upcoming vid where I dry detangled and was comparing my shed using that method vs wet detangling.)

Last edited by ETJ CURLS; March 12th, 2024 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Spelling
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE

I roll my shed shower hair into small hair rats. I do this to measure how much I lose each wash. I know. Weird. But it's very helpful to track the progress. Basically I roll them into a ball in my hands and keep rolling them into elongated rats. The smaller the less shed obviously. I like when they are thin and small.

Length
    PX/CL/KL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MissHair View Post
    I roll my shed shower hair into small hair rats. I do this to measure how much I lose each wash. I know. Weird. But it's very helpful to track the progress. Basically I roll them into a ball in my hands and keep rolling them into elongated rats. The smaller the less shed obviously. I like when they are thin and small.

It's not weird at all. I do this, too. And for the same reason as you, with the addage that it's also for my vacuum cleaner as well. I spend much less time spent cutting the hair off the brush this way. I've just passed my wash day, so I'll chime in too when the next one comes up!
    ~~ Classic ~~ Fingertip ~~ Knee ~~ ? ~~

Length
    Pixie/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ETJ CURLS View Post
    Chasemi, you need to watch curly/natural hair youtube wash day vids. All the girlies are quite happily showing off their shed hair balls. (Including me, lol, the following pic is a screencap from an upcoming vid where I dry detangled and was comparing my shed using that method vs wet detangling.)

Ooo, if you have any recommendations for channels, I LOVE hair videos! That's such a cool comparison too! What'd you ultimately determine? I imagine wet detangling is better suited for your hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Hairy-Fairy View Post
    I don't think it's gross. It's pretty reasonable. If I don't collect the hairs and stick them to the walls then they clog up the drain. But it does look kind of scary in there when I'm done. Kind of like those old cartoons where the animal gets so scared and runs so fast, all their fur just stays behind....
    I'll have to remember to take a picture of my hair ball the next time I wash my hair.
    Haha I love your comment about the cartoons! My shower wall can definitely look scary too, especially when I forget to throw away the hair and its now dry and stuck to the wall... not so cute. I hope you do get a picture though!
    P̶i̶x̶i̶e̶,̶ ̶C̶h̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶C̶B̶L̶,̶ ̶A̶P̶L̶,̶ ̶B̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶W̶L̶!̶!̶ ....on to hip?

Length
    Pixie/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MissHair View Post

Wow I've never even thought about that! So cool!

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

Quote Originally Posted by Chasemi View Post
    Ooo, if you have any recommendations for channels, I LOVE hair videos! That's such a cool comparison too! What'd you ultimately determine? I imagine wet detangling is better suited for your hair?

Haha I love your comment about the cartoons! My shower wall can definitely look scary too, especially when I forget to throw away the hair and its now dry and stuck to the wall... not so cute. I hope you do get a picture though!

Sure! Here are some some curly hair channels I enjoy watching:

Amber Ansah
    India Batson
    Sophie Marie Curly
    Coily Diaries
    Coilette
    Precious Fro
    Swavy Curly Courtney
    Fo Adunni
    Seun Okimi
    Manes by Mell
    Simply Tamz
    Shelly V
    Miss Laurenleigh 11
    Quick Silver Hair
    Afro Lique
    Shanika Corb
    Mo Knows Hair
    Bianca Renee Today

I'm sure the algorithm will suggest more once you watch a few vids from these lovely ladies.

I do prefer to wet detangle yes, since then I can use a comb, which is MUCH gentler on my ends. Dry detangling with the method I've discovered does work well for me, but the constant brushing of the ends is liable to tear them up, so I only do it rarely as needed. There's the adage that wet hair is weaker, which is true, but wet curly hair is MUCH stronger than wet straight hair, so you can get away with it. And my shed hair is about the same, so wet it is!
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE

Quote Originally Posted by LittleQuill View Post
    I've just passed my wash day, so I'll chime in too when the next one comes up!
    Do share pic next time!
    As the saying goes, it pays to be patient!

Quote Originally Posted by Chasemi View Post
    Wow I've never even thought about that! So cool!
    Try it for yourself! 😁
    As the saying goes, it pays to be patient!