Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Conditioner Bars

Length
    SL/HL/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Conditioner Bars

I got the viori conditioner bar recently, and I am unsure of how to use it properly. I've seen a few videos of people using it but can't figure it out. I feel like it's damaging to just rub the bar in my hair. And I have no idea how wet my hair should be. Can anyone give me some pointers?
    Find me at the beach or springs wishing I was a mermaid
    SL- MBL - WL - HL - TBL - CLASSIC - FTP - KNEE

Length
    buzz/wl/hip
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Conditioner Bars

hello, i tried only one conditioner bar, but in theory you should be able to rub it in wet hands for a while to get them covered in the conditioner and then use that on the hair as you would use a normal conditioner... but i couldn't get enough moisture that way so i also kind of stroked my hair with the bar as you would with a brush. i also heard some CGM people cut off a part and dissolve it it water by heating it and make it into liquid conditioner but no experience with that. it didn't really work out for me either way though, either it wasn't moisturising enough or i had to use a big part of it for one wash so it turned out kind of wasteful in the end.

Length
    BSL/CL/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I do a mix of rubbing to make “slime” in my hands and gently “combing” it along strands.

I haven’t used viori or any deeply patterned bars.

I wring my hair somewhat as I am applying a mix of conditioner goo and water.
    Join a declutter challenge http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=141272

Nevertheless, she persisted.

Length
    PX/CL/KL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by floridaorchid View Post
    I got the viori conditioner bar recently, and I am unsure of how to use it properly. I've seen a few videos of people using it but can't figure it out. I feel like it's damaging to just rub the bar in my hair. And I have no idea how wet my hair should be. Can anyone give me some pointers?
    I find that having my hair be as sopping as possible is the key. Also, the conditioner bar and your hands should also be moistened to help with the gliding and slip. I also find that dragging it down my length like a comb or brush works better for me than swiping it over my hands then applying. I swipe it down both the outside and the in, focusing on the ends, then I comb through. I've been using conditioner bars for over a year, and I've never noticed any damage doing it this way. I have found that if either the bar or my hair isn't wet enough, it can get kinda tug-y on the hair, which, obviously, isn't great.
    Last edited by LittleQuill; March 7th, 2024 at 12:00 AM.
    ~~ Classic ~~ Fingertip ~~ Knee ~~ ? ~~

Length
    SL/HL/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by truepeacenik View Post
    I do a mix of rubbing to make “slime” in my hands and gently “combing” it along strands.

I haven’t used viori or any deeply patterned bars.

I wring my hair somewhat as I am applying a mix of conditioner goo and water.
    I tried doing that, but would only get a very thin layer of product. Last night I just gave up and rubbed my hair on it directly. I just worry about how much mechanical damage I’m doing when I do that. Do you have a different bar you recommend? I really want something more cost effective and sustainable

Length
    SL/HL/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LittleQuill View Post
    I find that having my hair be as sopping as possible is the key. Also, the conditioner bar and your hands should also be moistened to help with the gliding and slip. I also find that dragging it down my length like a comb or brush works better for me than swiping it over my hands then applying. I swipe it down both the outside and the in, focusing on the ends, then I comb through. I've been using conditioner bars for over a year, and I've never noticed any damage doing it this way. I have found that if either the bar or my hair isn't wet enough, it can get kinda tug-y on the hair, which, obviously, isn't great.
    OK this makes me feel better, I was really worried about the damage

Length
    PX/CL/KL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

OK this makes me feel better, I was really worried about the damage
    Give it a try and see if that's better for you. Curious to hear how it goes! Using shampoo and conditioner bars can be an adjustment, but once you find a way to use them that works for you, you probabaly won't go back to bottles. I didn't!

Length
    SL/HL/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Give it a try and see if that's better for you. Curious to hear how it goes! Using shampoo and conditioner bars can be an adjustment, but once you find a way to use them that works for you, you probabaly won't go back to bottles. I didn't!
    It did work better this past wash! I think I'll try a different bar in the future, but I doubt I'll go back to bottles. This seems much cheaper and better for enviroment

Length
    PX/CL/KL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

It did work better this past wash! I think I'll try a different bar in the future, but I doubt I'll go back to bottles. This seems much cheaper and better for enviroment
    Glad to hear it! Genuninely curious, beside the usage issue you've had, did you like how they left your hair? I did a quick Google of them and looked at the Viori website, and from what I saw, they seem pretty good (they ship to my country, too, it seems!). And, oh my god, the bars and the packaging are so. Dang. Cute! I also see that they offer a subscription service, too, which is nice to see.

Length
    SL/HL/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Glad to hear it! Genuninely curious, beside the usage issue you've had, did you like how they left your hair? I did a quick Google of them and looked at the Viori website, and from what I saw, they seem pretty good (they ship to my country, too, it seems!). And, oh my god, the bars and the packaging are so. Dang. Cute! I also see that they offer a subscription service, too, which is nice to see.
    I like it pretty well, but I haven't had any other problems. I like them and I think the holding trays are super helpful! I just am tempted to see if I can find a cheaper option as well. I'm going to be a stay-at-home mom soon, so I want to find options that are the most cost effetive.