Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: at what length to wear up at night?

Length
    15/40/tbd
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Default Re: at what length to wear up at night?

Up until about waist I slept with it loose; now I sleep in a bonnet - I make a loose very high nautilus without any pins, put on the bonnet, and then shake it out so it’s free inside (I can’t get my hair in otherwise!). It’s made my morning tangles nonexistent!

I don’t remember who said that an unexpected perk of sleeping with a bonnet is the bonus built in eyeshade option but I would 100% like to second that.

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by baanoo View Post
    Up until about waist I slept with it loose; now I sleep in a bonnet - I make a loose very high nautilus without any pins, put on the bonnet, and then shake it out so it’s free inside (I can’t get my hair in otherwise!). It’s made my morning tangles nonexistent!

I don’t remember who said that an unexpected perk of sleeping with a bonnet is the bonus built in eyeshade option but I would 100% like to second that.
    That might be me, lol, I once said in the Random thread that my bonnet acts as an eyepatch too so I use it to cover my eyes when the light is too blind outside.

I wear a silk bonnet 365 day of the year, in winter it acts as an extra layer to keep me warm, and I am so prone to cold after covid, in summer it actually helps relieve the sweating situation, I don’t know why but my silk pillowcase definitely doesn’t stain as much when I wear a bonnet.
    Last edited by tuanyiji; July 5th, 2023 at 06:53 AM.
    107cm 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Length
    APL/WL/Knee
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

I've been wearing a silk sleep bonnet with stretchy ties and a long snood style back. I keep either taking it off or its falling off in my sleep, no matter how tight I tie it. Any advice?
    APL // BSL// WL / HL // BCL // TBL // CL // FTL // MTL // KL
    Participating in: No trimming 2024

Length
    buzz/wl/hip
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

i wore my hair up in a "pineapple" (ponytail on top of head) since it was long enough to make one, i get tangles really easily and can't stand hair in my face when i'm sleeping. a year ago i started putting it into a braid on some nights as well. what has been a challenge was finding a way to end the braid in a way that's nice to the hair without it sliding off...

will probably bite the bullet soon and replace our cotton pillowcases with satin/silk and see if it does anything

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./72"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    I’ve never slept with my hair up, not when it was almost knee-length and not now when it’s shorter. I found that the longer it got, the easier it was to move it out of the way like have it hang off of the side of the bed, and it would just stay there.
    Yep. Getting fancy ain't needed
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    CBL/BSL/HL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I sleep with my hair in two braids just about every night, and have since about APL. It was an absolute game changer when I discovered that the only braids I could do at the time were comfortable for sleeping, and that I could wake up and have nice-ish hair.

I probably should invest in a silk bonnet or pillowcase, but am am a very wiggly sleeper so I don't trust that the bonnet would stay on (or that my head would stay on the pillow). In terms of tying off braids I definitely wake up semi regularly without my hair ties. I sometimes use ribbins, but those can come untied as well.

I greatly admire those of you who can just . . . not move your heads during the night. It sounds so convenient.

Length
    19/34/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

I slept with it down until waist length and would prefer to do so, but I keep getting tangled in it when I turn around.. So I have started to make a single braid on most nights. I secure it with a soft scrunch. I've been thinking about silk pillow cases, but I wonder if I would hate the slippery feeling. I can't imagine wearing a bonnet to bed and it staying put.
    A few times I have worn a bun on top of my head too and it's okay as well.

If I'm super tired and go to bed so that I fall asleep quickly and sleep tightly my hair down doesn't bother me that much

Length
    ??/Ankle/Floor
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

I usually braid my hair before bed so that it's more contained, but a few nights ago, I was just too tuckered out and collapsed right into bed.

I woke up the next morning with my hair literally wrapped around me. I had clearly turned over several times, and my hair followed suit.

Length
    Chin/APL/Class
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I braid my hair or wear it in the satin sleeper from MoonstoneSeven (kinda like a bonnet, but it helps my waves keep their shape better). I’ve been doing this since my hair was APL and it’s BSL now.