Page 1 of 415 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Monistat... dare we start this again

Length
    12/18/waist
    Type
    4a/4b/C/ii/iii

Default Monistat... dare we start this again

I don't remember who first started this thread, but i thought it would be a good idea to start it again. Who of you out there have tried it? What were the results? Did the hair shed, once anyone stopped using? Did any of you use any other treatments while using monistat?
    Lady Cirrus of the Spanning Heavens in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights!

Posterchild for Monistat
    Length
    1"/26"/waist
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

MONISTAT for Hair Growth web page
    This web site is all the info here complied in one easy to under stand website. Please take a look at the question section.. More then likely you question has been answered here.
    information created by users of TLHC

http://suicidesevemonistat.blogspot.com/

View the live action tutorials an question here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U_gmnZJ0V8
    View the application video herehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn0HIwdB5ak
    MY personal Growth over 8 days using Monistat- The video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4xqXaEsLbI
    this is my last post from TBB

ok i have been my own little at home test on which gives me the best result and i was amazed..

--the generic stuff bought from the Family Dollar store ($5) is just not working i usually dilute my mixture,but i even applied full strength for a whole week and i got squat. It also is hard to mix, it stays somewhat chunky even after a vigorous shaking. It is not as greasy as the brand below

--the Walgreen's generic stuff($9) did actually work, it is nearly identical to the Family Dollar brand ingredient list but i received a very good amount of growth using it. it mixes easyier but i find it more greasy then the other brand.

--Walmart brand ($9) didn't cut it for me either.it mixed well but i could detected a faint smell of the stuff once in a while, i know others had to notice it too

--Monisat($13) i believe i received the most hair growth from using this, it mixed well and i didn't have a really bad case of the greasies, down side it is rather expense

I will more then likely be sticking with my Walgreen's brand as it is cheaper and right up the road. these are my experiences and everyone's will be different just thought i would share. i have been doing the MN thing since Oct and just love the hair growth

i have been averaging about 1" of growth per months using it 3x a week( without it, i was not quite getting a 1/2"), i diluted in a pointed type bottle (rinsed out hair dye bottle)
    my first few applications caused serious headaches, but i have built up a tolerance to it i suppose..
    its great for getting rid of scabby/flaking/itchy head
    Last edited by suicides_eve; March 4th, 2011 at 11:38 AM. Reason: to add stuff
    Makeup Tutorials for the brave and colorful
    View the Monistat Tutorial
    here
    My Hair Blog:
    http://suicideseve.blogspot.com

Can't keep away, it seems Unofficial_Rose's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I've been doing this using Daktarin (2% Miconazole) once a week, followed by the egg & honey on the scalp the next morning (when I can be bothered/have time).

I did it religiously Dec & Jan and grew 0.75 ins in each month. Took a break in Feb and pushed out barely 0.5 inch. Sooo, back to Daktarin in March!

I was a little wary about putting athlete's foot cream on my scalp (the *glamour* ) but it's healthy. Whilst I use it, it's cut down my shedding by about 50% (went back to normal when I stopped).

Yes, I am very pleased. It's finally at my shoulders now and looks decent down

Kudos to Ainé for coming up with this one

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

i grew an inch from Jan to Feb taking me to 23", then I cut to a blunt(ish) hem so back to 22" at present. Im using daktarin once a week so hoping for another inch this month.

Wish me luck!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Type
    2c/M/ii

So.. if I had a severe allergic reaction to Clotrimazole 1% cream.. do you think I'd have a problem with Miconazole? I know they are not the same thing, but I believe they are in the same 'family'.. mind you, I am prone to 'allergic' skin reactions that aren't really caused by what I am putting on my skin, but rather by stress. I've had hives/rashes/severe swelling from lotions I've used a hundred times, suncreen etc.. and from nothing more than crying myself to sleep.. my skin attacks itself when I'm upset. I had used Clotrimazole for ringworm before and had no problem. But this time it gave me terrible contact dermatitis that is taking months to completely resolve (without steroids).

Ah I'd better not risk it. It's so tempting though to think of reducing my shedding with Monistat. Not to mention increasing growth.

Type
    3c/M/ii

I fell off of this band wagon and started onto something else...I am such a product junkie.....Not to hijack this thread, But I have found something that is working for me. A little expensive but there is a guarantee.
    Eqyss is the company. Yes for the Equine, but this is for human use. Smells wonderful. Kinda like Pina colada~.
    Megatek rebuilder can be bought cheaper if you buy it from an Equine groomer. But you can get the same results using either one. The Human line is called Ovation. It is the Cell Therapy that is what is giving me a boost in hair growth. I usually only get 1/2 inch per month and I have gotten 1 inch last month and I am hoping to keep up the pace for as long as I can grow.

HHG'S
    Starting over at APL
    Goal length - Changed to BSL
    RZ~

Length
    12/18/waist
    Type
    4a/4b/C/ii/iii

Then I wonder if both would be over kill....
    Lady Cirrus of the Spanning Heavens in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights!

Length
    29 in/36 in/46 in
    Type
    2b/M/iii

What is daktarin?

I started doing monistat last month. My hair grew 1 inch in like three weeks. Woohoo! But I hadn't paid much attention to how fast it grew before last month. But it is hitting new land marks on my backside, so I guess it is growing faster.

Thanks for the idea.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by rhubarbarin View Post
    So.. if I had a severe allergic reaction to Clotrimazole 1% cream.. do you think I'd have a problem with Miconazole?
    You could always do a little patch test on your forearm or inside your elbow, of course. Hydrocortizone cream would probably help clear up any reaction, if you get one. But it's up to you if you want to risk it.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by rhubarbarin View Post
    So.. if I had a severe allergic reaction to Clotrimazole 1% cream.. do you think I'd have a problem with Miconazole? I know they are not the same thing, but I believe they are in the same 'family'.. mind you, I am prone to 'allergic' skin reactions that aren't really caused by what I am putting on my skin, but rather by stress. I've had hives/rashes/severe swelling from lotions I've used a hundred times, suncreen etc.. and from nothing more than crying myself to sleep.. my skin attacks itself when I'm upset. I had used Clotrimazole for ringworm before and had no problem. But this time it gave me terrible contact dermatitis that is taking months to completely resolve (without steroids).

Ah I'd better not risk it. It's so tempting though to think of reducing my shedding with Monistat. Not to mention increasing growth.
    yes they are both from the same family, given your reaction in the past id not chance it.
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip