Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad stuff removal support group!

Longhaired Intellectual Periwinkle's Avatar
    Length
    ~APL+/waist/TB+
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

Default Bad stuff removal support group!

I just posted in my journal that I've finally decided to get on with the monthly trimming to remove at least my bottom layer (which will probably take about 3 inches) and maybe my other layers and shaping (other layers now at about APL and below, shaping at shoulder).

I'm feeling a little lonely, so who else out there is slowly removing their 'bad stuff' with trimming? Anyone who's done it who can offer words of wisdom?

Any 'hair afflictions' welcome - layering, damage, dye, whatever! Come jump on our slowly-moving bandwagon towards hapier hair

September 2013 - waist length (though not on its best day!)
    Back to the LHC regime, let's finally get past waist length!
    ~ Lady Tyche of the Blessed Fortune in the Order of the Long Haired Knights ~

Length
    18"/MB/MB
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Re: Bad stuff removal support group!

Yes this is the thread for me. I am trying to get most of my ends the same length, i.e. 25", before letting it grow longer. My plan is to trim back to 25" every few months and in an ideal world those stupid shorter layers will finally catch up. I am beginning to think it'll never happen. They're only 2" shorter than the rest but it's taking forever.

I keep pushing my 'yes! I can let it grow now' date back further and further into 2009 because my hair doesn't exist in a vacuum (unfortunately...any ideas?!) and those poor fried/highlighted/blowdried ends just crap out at a certain point.

Next trim I guess will be in Dec sometime. I hate cutting the healthy bottom layer just to accommodate my all-one-length dream but I feel like I'm cheating myself if I let it all grown down like a knotty rat's nest.

Banned
    Length
    < 10"/26.75/Waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle View Post
    I'm feeling a little lonely, so who else out there is slowly removing their 'bad stuff' with trimming? Anyone who's done it who can offer words of wisdom?

Any 'hair afflictions' welcome - layering, damage, dye, whatever! Come jump on our slowly-moving bandwagon towards hapier hair
    I just cut 2 inches off, top trim off the last of the dead ends from a perm done 2 or 2 1/2 years ago. I hated to "sacrifice" the length... but it looks TONS better, now.

So what if it takes me another 6 - 12 months to get my hair back to BSL?
    I'm less than 2 inches away, and probably one inch away, really.

It looks tons better.
    End of story.

Length
    17/20/waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Ugh! This is where I am. I was, unfortunately, convinced that a many-layered look on my fine hair would give it more body! Wrong...it just looked all chopped up and stringy! So now, I'm trying to grow all of it out, but getting the damaged (yes, dye/highlighted) ends trimmed regularly. It's finally looking less choppy, but it's a slow go, for sure.
    Hang in there! Sometimes getting healthy, pretty hair takes some sacrifice

Longhaired Intellectual Periwinkle's Avatar
    Length
    ~APL+/waist/TB+
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

I look forward to my trim dates so much it's insane After a trim, I feel fine about the layers, but about the 20th (I trim on the 1st day of every month), I start obsessing about it again. Every single day I have to talk myself through my rationale - and even though I agree with it completely (I want blunt ends, which means trimming, so even if I chopped my hair to get the layers out, I'd still have to trim and would overall mean more length lost, plus a whole load of other reasons) I still want to trim early so badly.

I reckon that before the end of 2009 (hopefully in about October), I'll be free of my bottom layer, which is the one that bothers me the most. It'll be a loooong time before I'm totally rid of them....

September 2013 - waist length (though not on its best day!)
    Back to the LHC regime, let's finally get past waist length!
    ~ Lady Tyche of the Blessed Fortune in the Order of the Long Haired Knights ~

Length
    Pixie/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

I'm on this road, cutting out layers from growing out a pixie, which has given my fine thin hair some freakish layers. I am waiting though now, taking a break from it, to gain some length and then plan to take off only 1/4 of each three months growth until the layers catch up.
    Once you place a candle in the dark, you can't deny the light. . Once you give to man that candle, you give his mind the power of flight. - Myself.
    Lady Seyllea, Oracle of Time and Becoming in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Last edited by wintersun99; February 20th, 2010 at 12:24 AM.

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

um well ive just about finished cutting out my bleach damage.. there is still a little on my canopy.. im gonna wait before trimming it maaybe in 6 months or so.. i ended up trimming 7 or so inchis in the first 15 months.. thank goodness my hair was growing sort of fast because otherwise i wouldnt be able to have had any progress.. well good luck to you all.. as ive said im about done with constant trimming
    can i call this classic length

Length
    pixie/TB/knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

This is definitely a thread for me! I used to be happy with the layers while growing out my hair. But now, it's been bothering me a lot. I really want ALL of my hair to be the same length. My layers are around bra strap length. The rest of my hair is past waist and an inch away from tail bone length. I have fairy tale ends, but really want a nice blunt hemline.

I have 3 tones going on for my hair. Blonde, brown, and black. My natural color is finally growing out. Its a dark brown. I think it's about maybe 2 inches of my natural color. Sometime in my life I hope that my entire hair will be my natural color. And all one length of course! I used to hate my hair color and the texture of my hair. I would flat iron it until it was pin straight. Not to mention all the dye jobs I did to it. My last cut has made my hair grow out into these layers. I have so much bad stuff in my hair, and I really want to remove it. Count me in!

But I don't have the proper scissors yet. I'm going to be buying my own hair scissors soon, and do my very first trim. I'm not sure how much I will trim, but knowing me, it wont be very much.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Back in 2005, the bottom 6 inches of my hair were fried from curling iron and flat iron use. I originally planned to trim it off a little at a time and had two 1/2" trims approximately two months apart. However, my hair wasn't growing much, and one day I snapped and had the remaining 5 inches cut off all at once. For 2 days I went around thinking "what have I done?" and feeling sad. After that it was so wonderful to enjoy my silky hair instead of fighting with bad ends every single day. AND it began to grow again. It was so worth doing; I'm not kidding.