Page 51 of 1496 FirstFirst ... 414950515253611011515511051 ... LastLast

Thread: Buzz | Ear | Chin

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    pixie/pixie/waist
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/iii

Default Re: Any Super-Shorties Out There???

I am in the same boat. My hair is only about jaw length right now, with bangs (and my hair is curly).

I had a TERRIBLE hair accident back in December (7 days before my wedding). I had been growing out a pixie cut, and had finally passed the chin mark. My hair was dyed dark brown, and I wanted to surprise my then-soon-to-be husband by getting my hair dyed lighter for our wedding. The hairdresser promised she could do it, that it would be "no problem"....several hours, a burned scalp and fried hair later, I had short, orange and green hair. Like, 2" long. I was devestated and ended up having short hair in my wedding photos

Then in about March, I went in to get some of my fried ends trimmed from the December incident. The hairdresser went scissor happy and ended up cutting almost ALL of my new growth off.

Now, in August, I have vowed to NEVER dyed my hair again (even letting my greys grow in, and I'm 25!) and I'm never going to a hairdresser again.

So, that's my sob story!

Length
    14"/25"/31"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeTree View Post
    I am in the same boat. My hair is only about jaw length right now, with bangs (and my hair is curly).

I had a TERRIBLE hair accident back in December (7 days before my wedding). I had been growing out a pixie cut, and had finally passed the chin mark. My hair was dyed dark brown, and I wanted to surprise my then-soon-to-be husband by getting my hair dyed lighter for our wedding. The hairdresser promised she could do it, that it would be "no problem"....several hours, a burned scalp and fried hair later, I had short, orange and green hair. Like, 2" long. I was devestated and ended up having short hair in my wedding photos

Then in about March, I went in to get some of my fried ends trimmed from the December incident. The hairdresser went scissor happy and ended up cutting almost ALL of my new growth off.

Now, in August, I have vowed to NEVER dyed my hair again (even letting my greys grow in, and I'm 25!) and I'm never going to a hairdresser again.

So, that's my sob story!
    Wow, that IS a sob story. And it helps me since it seems that it is not possible to lighten hair that has been dyed dark.

Length
    pixie/bob/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Lilli View Post
    Thanks for the compliments on my bangs. I think I have decided once and for all that a bob with bangs is really only for dark hair. I think I look bald. I always thought brown would wash me out, but i think since my eyebrows are dark ash brown, it actually looked "right" for the first time in my life. But I did ask to be talked out of it, so I do thank you!!
    There's always the option to lighten your brows! Any salon should be able to do that for you OR you can try some drugstore color/bleach. I want to say there is a bleach by Sally Hansen for eyebrows but I can't say for sure.
    Almost APL - cut it all off Dec '10 - Growing again Aug '11

Account Closed by Member Request
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Yesterday I tried on a wig at Ulta - long medium ash brown. I actually looked great. (I am naturally a medium blonde.) Someone PLEASE talk me out of dyeing my hair right now to alleviate how much I hate my hair. Tell me some more horror stories of dyeing light hair dark. I have never ever ever dyed my hair and think I am maybe the only person in the world who has not. Please stop me!!! I think the reason is that my bob with bangs is all Katie Holmes' fault and I think hers looks better b/c her hair is so dark.

The one thing we say around here is wait two weeks and see if you still feel the same. Personally I think your hair is fine. Try and embrace your hair. Don't keep telling yourself you hate it or you will. Try and find at least one thing you like and focus on that.

Take really good care of it as you grow it out. Learn to at least like what you have. That will be the first step to accepting your hair as it is. Then enjoy the growing out part. Get yourself a cute hair toy or try a new way to wear it. This will make it fun and get your mind off of the negative stuff you are telling yourself about your hair.

I think dyeing would be a mistake as it takes upkeep to keep it looking that way. It's much easier just to have it natural. Some people here love henna. I don't know anything about it but there are many threads on henna.

I wish you the best and hope you can learn to love your hair.

Length
    18"/19"/30"
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Sorry about the serial posts (I don't have enough to edit my posts yet.) Anyway here are my profile pics of me (the shortest with bangs is how it was when I cut it two weeks ago. I don't know what I was thinking.)
    Hi Lilli- try going to Sallys and get one of the rinse in colours. They are totally temporary!

Length
    Short/22"/APL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Yesterday I tried on a wig at Ulta - long medium ash brown. I actually looked great. (I am naturally a medium blonde.) Someone PLEASE talk me out of dyeing my hair right now to alleviate how much I hate my hair. Tell me some more horror stories of dyeing light hair dark. I have never ever ever dyed my hair and think I am maybe the only person in the world who has not. Please stop me!!! I think the reason is that my bob with bangs is all Katie Holmes' fault and I think hers looks better b/c her hair is so dark.
    DON'T Cut it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did that once here. It was getting rather long, and I had not yet learned how to style it nicely and got discouraged and whacked it off again. BIG mistake. Now I am actually past waist a little bit and so happy I stuck it out!

Length
    14"/25"/31"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by cjjester View Post
    Hi Lilli- try going to Sallys and get one of the rinse in colours. They are totally temporary!
    Really? They REALLY come out? Is there a certain brand name I should look for? You can see my natural color in my album if that helps.
    BSL to above the jaw bob now lob and headed back down

Last edited by wintersun99; February 18th, 2010 at 11:31 PM.

Length
    14"/25"/31"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by wintersun99 View Post
    Ah jeez, another set-back. I just had to trim the back up again, it seems to grow so fast and into a totally ugly mullet. She cut it pretty freakin' short, even with the sides and though it looks a bit better, it is a ton of length lost (in the back)... I'm so bummed, really really bummed. I should have just left it alone (even in mullet stage) a headband would have hidden that. Ugh, I'm so dumb!

Back out to the sun, maybe it will grow faster?
    I am sorry you are sad. I can sympathize because I can never stand the mullet look and always have the back trimmed up to keep it even. Right now I am about 3/4 inch longer in back and am curious to see if I will have the patience to not cut it. I am sure you look great, and you would have been obsessing about how bad the mullet looked had you not done it. Besides, you have to live with your hair as it is now and not just wait for it to be long, so it is probably better to be happy with it now.
    BSL to above the jaw bob now lob and headed back down

Length
    pixie/bob/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

I don't think you are dumb at all for cutting the back! That's exactly what I did, in effort to keep my sanity and not cut ALL of it off again! Each time I evened up the back I *did* miss the length but knew overall it looked a lot better. Maybe now you are evened up enough that you can just let it grow, grow, grow!
    Quote Originally Posted by wintersun99 View Post
    Ah jeez, another set-back. I just had to trim the back up again, it seems to grow so fast and into a totally ugly mullet. She cut it pretty freakin' short, even with the sides and though it looks a bit better, it is a ton of length lost (in the back)... I'm so bummed, really really bummed. I should have just left it alone (even in mullet stage) a headband would have hidden that. Ugh, I'm so dumb!

Back out to the sun, maybe it will grow faster?
    Almost APL - cut it all off Dec '10 - Growing again Aug '11