Page 1177 of 1494 FirstFirst ... 17767710771127116711751176117711781179118712271277 ... LastLast
Results 11,761 to 11,770 of 14940

Thread: Buzz | Ear | Chin

Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Any Super-Shorties Out There???

Here's current length! Fluffed it out and brushed bangs down to show how long they are.

This is how I've been wearing it.

buzz - pixie - chin - shoulder - APL -BSL - MBL - waist - hip - tailbone - classic

I'd rather be outside browneyedsusan's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    1b/F/ii

@elisemarie: you're welcome.

@battles: super cute bang twistie!

henna keeps it
    red, and red makes me happy.
    Pixied for 15+ years and liked it.
    Growing for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by battles View Post
    Here's current length! Fluffed it out and brushed bangs down to show how long they are.

This is how I've been wearing it.
    Super cute

Length
    Pixie/CL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by EliseMarie View Post
    @browneyedsusan Thank you, thank you, thank you! Your encouragement came just in the nick of time. I work in a salon and yesterday my manager told me that I need to do something with my hair. She said we need to cut your hair. I stalled and said well, I need some time to think about it. She said, are you growing it? I replied yes. Still. When you work in a salon, growing your hair means cutting, LOL......

Seriously, this is a midlife career change and ever since I got my hair pixied during my apprenticeship a couple of years ago I haven't been able to grow it out. This is going to be super challenging.

I think your tips will help me......I am trying not to use hot tools either or a bunch of product. Also, going to let my hair be it's natural color(which includes a little grey). Wow. Have I ever set myself up for a challenge!

I bought mini jaw clips the other day, a couple of headbands. I was actually thinking of making some crafty hair accessories. Anything to stay focused on my goal.

I know a hairdresser who wears a full wig due to serious alopecia. Nobody knows it's a wig! She picked a human hair one, gave it an excellent trendy angular cut, thinned it out a lot, and uses dry shampoo to make it look more realistic. Just an idea.

Length
    crop/17/24
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Thank you! If it comes down to it, that could be an option! I was in a beauty supply store yesterday and was looking at some fun braided headbands and clip in bang pieces. Those could be fun to play with too! I am just going to get creative if I need to.

Spending time on this site also helps tremendously as the temptation/pressure to cut is present every time I go into work.

I find myself just taking it one day at a time. Today I will not cut my hair, lol....

Length
    pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I used these ideas a lot. Skip to 1:00.
    When it got long enough, I did #9 in multiples. Laid a bunch of twists back away from my face like cornrows! I also (french/dutch)braided the front back pretty often. My hair is straight and slippery, so I used product on braids and teased the poufs or they wouldn't stay. Barrettes still don't stay. They slide right out. I still use hairspray and dry shampoo to make it grippier sometimes.

You do what works for you. At this point, it's more about survival than hair health! Your hair is short enough that it doesn't get caught on stuff and the sebum works its way down the whole length of the shaft pretty quick.

Growing a pixie is not for weenies. It's hard. Don't let anyone tell you different.

henna keeps it
    Growing for fun.

Length
    crop/17/24
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Thanks for the ideas browneyedsusan. I like those a lot. Tried the #3 today. Simple and cute.

My hair in the back right at the nape is going crazy. My cowlicks are making it stick out on one side horizontally. The rest is doing weird sepatations with random flips. I will not cut them.

Also maybe I am supremely crazy but I have been trying not washing my hair, just brushing it with a BBB. I did water only 1 time this week and am experimenting with this method. It is helping me focus on something!

Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

A coworker commented that my hair is definitely getting longer, so that made me feel good. I know it looks a bit ridiculous, but at least it's growing. The top is pretty long, and it's starting to hang over my ears and duckbutt out at the back.

I had a hair appointment pre-scheduled for Tuesday, but I cancelled it. I'm just going to let it grow for awhile.
    buzz - pixie - chin - shoulder - APL -BSL - MBL - waist - hip - tailbone - classic

Length
    pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I'll just leave this here for fun:

Oct 2012 by Mom and wife, on Flickr

I was 5 months in. No trims. Pinned that up every day. It's amazing how much camouflage you can get out of a cheater half-up!

henna keeps it
    Growing for fun.

Length
    crop/17/24
    Type
    2b/F/ii

@battles I can see pictures now that I have enough posts, and I think your twisted back bangs look really cute. My bangs are not quite long enough but close to being able to do fun things with.

@browneyedsusan Wow! Thank you for posting! I bet my overall shape will be similar since I am determined to not cut the mullet. I am going to be happier this way I think......I have had no success going for the bob, it just looks horrible on me, takes so much time and doesn't get "long". I will be pinning mine in a half up as well (as soon as I get there). Years ago half up was my favorite look anyway.

Yesterday I was happy with my hair! It is getting long enough to engage some curl. I diffused it on low and I felt like it was "salon appropriate" hahahah! At least nobody at work gave me grief over it or tried to convince me to spend some time in their chair