Page 1176 of 1495 FirstFirst ... 17667610761126116611741175117611771178118612261276 ... LastLast
Results 11,751 to 11,760 of 14946

Thread: Buzz | Ear | Chin

Length
    Short/BCL/Long
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Any Super-Shorties Out There???

Quote Originally Posted by mzBANGBANG View Post
    I am so happy with my current look! Loving it. I used Color Ion fuchsia. Several stylists have urged me to go bold with my hair this short so I gave it a shot. I really, really like it. My natural color is in my profile picture/sig, but I have been dying it to achieve a strawberry blond for some time. I have been afraid to venture too far away from my natural color but I am so glad I did. This is a color that I can easily fade back into strawberry blond should I choose too. It is so nice to be happy with my hair for once, I've been stuck in a rut.

LOVE your cut/colour it really suits you!! You look great. And yay for being happy with your hair!

Length
    crop/17/24
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Hanging in there! I just about got it cut last week but powered through it. Just joined the no trim thread

Any tips on getting your mind off of your hair when temptation strikes? I told myself that I would wait 24 hours and the temptation passed. What have you done to stay on track?

Length
    chin/Waist/term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by EliseMarie View Post
    Hanging in there! I just about got it cut last week but powered through it. Just joined the no trim thread

Any tips on getting your mind off of your hair when temptation strikes? I told myself that I would wait 24 hours and the temptation passed. What have you done to stay on track?
    I simply stay HERE. It motivates me to stay away from scissors and salons when I see all the wonderful long manes here.
    FINALLY THICK WL HAIR AFTER HAIR LOSS TRAGEDY!!! See here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUx624JRX84&t=2095s

Length
    crop/17/24
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Good idea! It is inspiring, yet so far away. It is a new challenge to reach a goal by doing nothing

Length
    pixie/jaw/bsl
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I've just been playing around with styling the length I do have. I nearly cut into the back of my hair at the weekend because its looking a bit odd but I managed to find a slightly disheveled style which is disguising the awkwardness.

Length
    crop/17/24
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by bilbolongtail View Post
    I've just been playing around with styling the length I do have. I nearly cut into the back of my hair at the weekend because its looking a bit odd but I managed to find a slightly disheveled style which is disguising the awkwardness.
    I agree that is the best thing to do. If I keep focusing on only liking it when it gets long, I feel I will get frustrated and cut.

Those awkward stages will change, and it's excellent that you are creative! We have to get creative

I actually like how my hair looks today and yesterday I hated it, LOL!

I'd rather be outside browneyedsusan's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I'm just throwing this out there: pin the front up. Actually, pin up everything in front of your ears if it'll reach! I did this every day for 8 or 10 months. No one knew how bad my hair "really" looked --when it was down--because I never wore it like that! lol!
    I braided my bangs back from my forehead, or across my forehead. Twisted and pinned. 2 or 3 twists and pinned. Topsy tails in the front. Little poufs with jaw clips. Big poufs with jaw clips. When it got long enough, I did victory rolls with the top! Just keep the people in your world mesmerized with bang styles, and they never notice that you're in a shaggy, awkward stage. Trust me. Prowl through my growth album, and tell me that October picture is "good looking". No. It looked bad for freaking EVER, but no one needs to know. When I finally wore my hair down, a friend asked me it I'd gotten extensions! Yes, she did. I had the whole world buffaloed!

henna keeps it
    red, and red makes me happy.
    Pixied for 15+ years and liked it.
    Growing for fun.

Length
    pixie/jaw/bsl
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Thanks for the tips, I like the idea of hiding my growth with different styles and then revealing it when it looks longer.

Length
    crop/17/24
    Type
    2b/F/ii

@browneyedsusan Thank you, thank you, thank you! Your encouragement came just in the nick of time. I work in a salon and yesterday my manager told me that I need to do something with my hair. She said we need to cut your hair. I stalled and said well, I need some time to think about it. She said, are you growing it? I replied yes. Still. When you work in a salon, growing your hair means cutting, LOL......

Seriously, this is a midlife career change and ever since I got my hair pixied during my apprenticeship a couple of years ago I haven't been able to grow it out. This is going to be super challenging.

I think your tips will help me......I am trying not to use hot tools either or a bunch of product. Also, going to let my hair be it's natural color(which includes a little grey). Wow. Have I ever set myself up for a challenge!

I bought mini jaw clips the other day, a couple of headbands. I was actually thinking of making some crafty hair accessories. Anything to stay focused on my goal.

Length
    pixie/jaw/bsl
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Tough one EliseMarie if your manager is getting in on the action!! Would a new colour keep her off your back or maybe some clip in hair pieces?? Hope they don't give you too much hassle about it.