Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sore scalp

Length
    pixie/APL/BSL

Red face Sore scalp

Even though i leave my hair open most of the time i have sore hair roots, it hurts when i just move my hair in opposite direction, or if i just pass my finger near hair roots, and this pain is in my crown and that too only a small area (dime size) , and i feel this may be 2 days a week. Is it due to not washing my scalp daily ? I generally wash my hair 3 times a week. I avoid tight ponytails, head band, clips.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    neck/frtp+/??
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Default Re: Sore scalp

You dont do a braid or put them in bun?? Is your scalp sore after head bath or anytime??

Length
    pixie/APL/BSL

No not on the day i wash my hair, generally next day .

In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

It could be from the way you slept and pushed the hair in a direction other than the natural growth. I have had that happen too, once in a while. I have also had it happen from wearing a high necked collar, that pushes up against my nape hair (I usually wear my hair down). If the soreness is in the same place all of the time, you may want to get it checked out by a doctor, if it gets worse.

Length
    neck/frtp+/??
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Yeah it can be a way your moving them or trying to make them lay a way they are not used to. DO you have any dandruff or anything like this?? You do scalp massage maybe you need to loosen your scalp some?????

Length
    20in/32in/52in
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii/iii

I would change products and see if that makes any difference, sometimes you may have a slight reaction to chemicals and ingredients in the product. And you may not react all over the scalp but in spots. It also could be another type of irritation, I would try ACV for rinse and see if that helps. I cannot use most products nowadays. I guess that is why I would go there first.

On the edge of my forest!

Length
    pixie/33.5"/hip
    Type
    1b/F/ii

This happens to me once in awhile. I think it's because the hair gets pushed in a different direction than in which it normally grows. It goes away within a day.

Could you have scalp acne? Maybe cystic acne?

Length
    Pixie/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by devs12 View Post
    Even though i leave my hair open most of the time i have sore hair roots, it hurts when i just move my hair in opposite direction, or if i just pass my finger near hair roots, and this pain is in my crown and that too only a small area (dime size) , and i feel this may be 2 days a week. Is it due to not washing my scalp daily ? I generally wash my hair 3 times a week. I avoid tight ponytails, head band, clips.
    OMG I know this well. I read this and was like..... wow, I'm feeling that right now (and often do) especially on the back top part of my head where my part ends.

I tend to find this comes and goes, and has little to do with the products I use. After a lot of forensic analysis (LOL) of what might be causing it, I've found its from the hair drying in a slightly odd position against the hair growth. I air dry my hair and if I don't comb that section well or if I tousle it say to scrunch, it might dry a bit off from the hair growth pattern.

Anytime I am careful to comb that section down and not let it dry even in the slightest "up" ruffled position, no pain.
    Once you place a candle in the dark, you can't deny the light. . Once you give to man that candle, you give his mind the power of flight. - Myself.
    Lady Seyllea, Oracle of Time and Becoming in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    pixie/APL/BSL

thanks everybody for replying... last night i thought if the pain persists i m going to chop my hair (shoulder length , growing from pixie) then today morning i did not have that pain,, its giving be a break after 1/2 days it will pop up again is it cluster headache ? i read something on google