Thread: Hair Oopsies!

Sober Lush Extraordinair AnqeIicDemise's Avatar
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

Default Hair Oopsies!

Its been about two months since the last bout with Special Fx and about five since I had any form of bleach on my hair. I only lighten about twice a year anyway since I only bleach the under canopy. I decided to be adventurous and go for a brighter, redder hue instead of my usual purple.

So I went to Sallies, bought my tub of Manic Panic Pillar box and came home, EAGER to apply this red goodness. I pull out my stuff:

mixing bowl. check.
    tinting brushes. check.
    Oooh, here's my bleach and developer. Not needed but.. uh. check anyway.
    Vaseline. Woops, never had it. Last time I used olive oil and chapstick without issues.
    Clips. Checkaroo.

Gloves. Hmm.. where are my gloves?

-shrug- Who knows. I've torn the house up sideways, upside down and all ways to no avail.

Last time I tried doing this, I had decided to rebleach and maybe try to go lighter for a brighter purple but couldn't find the bleach nor my developer. I swear, this house is out to keep me from doing fun stuffs to my hair!

Lol

eye haelp mama kiep londry waerm.
    BSL|WSL | HP | not quite there CL |
    Moonstruck Tresses

Length
    bsl/chin/tlb
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Hair Oopsies!

I couldn't find gloves when trying to henna my hair once so I just went ahead and did it anyways, bare handed. Big mistake! My palms and finger nails were so dark orange they were almost brown. Didn't come off my hands for weeks and I had to grow the orange off my nails which took ages because my nails grow so painfully slow. Also had to explain to everyone that my hands were orange because of henna and then explain what in the heck henna was. What a hassle haha

Where people are made in canoes, live in igloos, and ride polar bears to school.
    Length
    Jaw/bra/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

Whenever that happens to me, I just put a ziploc bag on each hand--works every time.
    Lady Almárëa of the Thrice-Blessed Locks in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    It's all in the teeth of the matter.

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy_zzz View Post
    Whenever that happens to me, I just put a ziploc bag on each hand--works every time.
    I only have the sandwich bags. I tried going on through with it but I puncutured a hole with my middle finger and my palms stuck out. I stared at my goop and decided to calmly put it iback into the pot. My luck I'd end up with red palms but nothing on my hair. LOL

Moonstruck Tresses

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by TheMechaGinger View Post
    I couldn't find gloves when trying to henna my hair once so I just went ahead and did it anyways, bare handed. Big mistake! My palms and finger nails were so dark orange they were almost brown. Didn't come off my hands for weeks and I had to grow the orange off my nails which took ages because my nails grow so painfully slow. Also had to explain to everyone that my hands were orange because of henna and then explain what in the heck henna was. What a hassle haha
    If I were in such situation, the orange nails and hands wouldn't be even half as bad as explaining to people what henna is. Wild world doesn't react well for muds, oils and CO talk

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Henrietta View Post
    If I were in such situation, the orange nails and hands wouldn't be even half as bad as explaining to people what henna is. Wild world doesn't react well for muds, oils and CO talk
    Man, I hear ya on that. Its either "what is Henna?" followed by a bug-eyed expression and then a roll of the eyes or..

A bug eyed expression and a frantic attempt of evangalization against it.

Moonstruck Tresses