Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sore scalp

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Sore scalp

I have a sore spot on my scalp that I have had for a long time, even with short hair, so I know it has absolutely nothing to do with hair. I have no idea what it is, but I can reach up right this second and touch it, and it's sore. There's nothing to see; I've asked my doctor. My solution -- don't push on it.

Length
    22/22/40
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Thanks mad hatter. I'm not sure if my hair is long enough for that yet (slightly past bsl) but CWC seems to be helping the ends. It's just a big pain to re-style it every day and it takes about 5 hours to dry, so that's not so great to have to do every day. I think I just have really sensitive skin. I tried switching to non sls shampoo but all the essential oils (i.e., lavendar and rosemary) irritated my scalp just as badly. I wish natural shampoos didn't have so many essential oils in them.

I too have this and I was afraid my hair weas going to fall out. It was all over and in different places on different days. Now again I have it after it went away for months. I was wondering if mine is from keeping my scalp wet for three hours a week, when I do henna and I apply it wet (yes I do it weekly) and it stays humid for that long of a time. Maybe it's too moist and weakened. I don't know what else it could be I only use low-poos twice or three times a week.