Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on this combination of oils? 55 of them?

Default Re: Thoughts on this combination of oils? 55 of them?

Reviving this thread to see if anyone has tried Crisan hair oil over the past years. I keep getting ads and her hair is gorgeous. I've been debating if I should even bother with any scalp oils at all as I tend to get greasy a few days after I wash. And I already deal with a fair amount for shedding during my wash day. I've tried oiling with what I have on hand and all I experience is more hair fall during wash day. It's discouraging. Granted, I only wash once a week, hardly brush after wash day, and I am a year postpartum so maybe those are factors contributing to the hair fall.

What is your goal in oiling your scalp?

Remember, what works for someone else's hair may not work for yours. And, the model a company who sells stuff uses in order to sell their stuff is, of course, going to have gorgeous hair, and may have gorgeous hair regardless of whether the model uses the product. Some people simply naturally have gorgeous hair... and some people naturally don't (like me). And all the products in the world likely won't turn the latter into the former. But it works for marketing.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

I have virgin hair that I rarely heat style, and I am super gentle when I brush.But it's the frizzy wavy type with low porosity. So to me it's doesn't look good but from what I've recently learned I have normal healthy wavy hair. I have been experiencing postpartum shedding and my goal with hair oiling is to minimize hair fall as much as I can and encourage my new growth. I know nothing will make it grow faster as that's determined by genetics. I have average to above average hair growth. I am on a journey to grow my hair back out. I chopped my hair off last year to my shoulders and donated 16 inches. My other goal is to grow my hair as healthy as possible. I am also a sucker for good marketing lol thank you for reply.

But didn't you say oiling is giving you more hair fall?
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    PX/CL/KL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagerapunzel View Post
    I've tried oiling with what I have on hand and all I experience is more hair fall during wash day. It's discouraging.
    If you experience more shedding when you oil your hair, why would you consider purchasing something that has tons of them in it? If oiling your scalp doesn't help your situation, it's more than likely that using something different won't either. After all, it's still oil and you've said you have trouble with having them on your scalp. If I put something on my head that made my scalp angry or my hair come out in an amount that made me uncomfortable, I wouldn't do it again. Also, some scalps simply don't like to be oiled, and it can end up being more of a problem for some than it's worth. I myself don't oil my scalp at all anymore. I did it religiously for about a year and found that it was not only an absolute mission to wash out, but that it provided no added benefit beyond what my genetics were already providing.

But that's just my opinion. I don't know your hair or your situation, so if you want to try again, you do you.
    ~~ Classic ~~ Fingertip ~~ Knee ~~ ? ~~

Thank you. I've decided scalp oiling isn't for me.