Thread: Disappointing trip to Claires/Icings...

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Disappointing trip to Claires/Icings...

So I wanted some new, fun, cheap(ish) hair toys.

One of the clips I tried slipped out almost before I even got it in!

And then my hair tried to eat a french twist comb. Thankfully I got the comb out before my hair broke it.

Are there other places to get cute cheap toys, like in the style of combs and fakkares, that hair is less likely to eat? I'm thinking Sallys and beauty supply stores (which tend to have a tiny selection of hair toys) might be my only option for the cheap stuff at this rate.

Length
    15"/16"/???
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I noticed an add on this site, www.longhairgirl.com and they seem to have some affordable hair toys. I dont know if you have checked it out yet, but im suggesting it lol. I thought they had a lot of pretty toys.

I HATE

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by akurah View Post
    So I wanted some new, fun, cheap(ish) hair toys.

One of the clips I tried slipped out almost before I even got it in!

And then my hair tried to eat a french twist comb. Thankfully I got the comb out before my hair broke it.

Are there other places to get cute cheap toys, like in the style of combs and fakkares, that hair is less likely to eat? I'm thinking Sallys and beauty supply stores (which tend to have a tiny selection of hair toys) might be my only option for the cheap stuff at this rate.
    have you tried the dollar tree and dollar stores? I went to this one dollar tree sore and the had a fikkare clip for 1$
    Starting over current length: APL+.. GOAL: BACK TO HIP

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

ohh man.. and after you spent the money to buy them.. i only buy stuff when its onsale at clairs/icing ..... what kind of clip was it... because beak clips are tricky at first then once you figure them out are great... the first time i tryed to use a beak clip it shot out of my hair like a golden bullet and hit the wall... with the help of my friends here i was finally able to use beak clips and they hold like nothing else ive ever tryed... sticking through cinnabuns and french twists...
    can i call this classic length

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

I like Big Lots. They have LOADS of hairtoys at ours around here and sometimes you can find "Karina" which are fairly nice hair clips for half or less off the regular price. CVS carries Karina brand too but at regular price. I find the springs are nice and strong on that brand though and look a little nicer than cheaper brands.

I do not care for Claires or Icing either one and have never found anything that lasted there aside from a few claw clips and of course Scrunchies but you can get them anywhere.

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    chin/33/TB
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Oh no... thankfully the only sticks I have from Icing are metal, so I can't hurt them. I guess you just have too much hair for Icing hair toys. I've found some decent hair toys at CVS, but my hair's probably a tad shorter than yours.

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Curlsgirl View Post
    I like Big Lots. They have LOADS of hairtoys at ours around here and sometimes you can find "Karina" which are fairly nice hair clips for half or less off the regular price. CVS carries Karina brand too but at regular price. I find the springs are nice and strong on that brand though and look a little nicer than cheaper brands.

I do not care for Claires or Icing either one and have never found anything that lasted there aside from a few claw clips and of course Scrunchies but you can get them anywhere.
    yay biglots!!! they have a whole bin of hair accesories for a dollar or less.
    can i call this classic length

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by squiggyflop View Post
    ohh man.. and after you spent the money to buy them.. i only buy stuff when its onsale at clairs/icing ..... what kind of clip was it... because beak clips are tricky at first then once you figure them out are great... the first time i tryed to use a beak clip it shot out of my hair like a golden bullet and hit the wall... with the help of my friends here i was finally able to use beak clips and they hold like nothing else ive ever tryed... sticking through cinnabuns and french twists...
    Oooh, nonono, I didn't buy them, thank god. I had the sense to try them on in the stores.

Big Lots is a good suggestion! I don't think we have CVS locally (I'll have to double check) but there's a company called Peninsula Beauty Supply that carries Karina stuff. I also poke around in Longs and Walgreens periodically for clips. There's a Rite Aid too, just across the highway behind my house.