Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For those who use shampoo (even occasionally) - what are your faves?

Default For those who use shampoo (even occasionally) - what are your faves?

I did the CO the past 2 nights and my hair feels heavy/flat...I am going to try CWC.

Just wondering what shampoos are the boards favorites.

And is ALS more gentle than SLS shampoos?

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    neck/frtp+/??
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Default Re: For those who use shampoo (even occasionally) - what are your faves?

If I use shampoo i'll have to say herbal essense pink one for dry/damaged hair old formula not that new ones they have now,that shampoo has no cones and is gentle to my hairs and smells soooo good.
    ETA: I always thought sodium laureth sulfate was more gentle then als right??
    Last edited by Aisha25; November 5th, 2008 at 10:43 AM.

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: For those who use shampoo (even occasionally) - what are your faves?

I CO-wash every day for usually about three weeks, and then shampoo it if it needs it - I tend to use Neutrogena Clarifying Shampoo, because by that time I'm trying to give it a bit of a good clean! Seems to work well for me.

Length
    long/Short/??
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

I use shampoo most of the time, for scalp washes. I use Giovanni Tea Tree shampoo, and I like it. I probably wouldn't use it (or any shampoo) if I washed the length of my hair regularly, but for my purposes, it works well.

Length
    pixie/pixie/44
    Type
    1a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by dancingmegs View Post
    I use shampoo most of the time, for scalp washes. I use Giovanni Tea Tree shampoo, and I like it. I probably wouldn't use it (or any shampoo) if I washed the length of my hair regularly, but for my purposes, it works well.
    I love this stuff too and i scalp wash. I also like my rosemary sage shampoo bar from H4H
    after henna, no 'cones, no sulfates, my hair no longer tries to strangle me in my sleep. I guess we can be friends now.
    Google+

Type
    2a/M/iii

I use Urtekram shampoo and conditioner. I always use both, it's very gentle so I dont really need to use conditioner, but I do anyway

Urtekram is a Danish brand. I love it. It's natural and without sls ofcourse
    Waiting for waist

Length
    Short/IDK/Hip
    Type
    4b/F/M/ii

Herbal Essences Hello Hydration and my new found love, Soft and Beautiful Moisturizing shampoo. Both leave my hair soft, tangle free and smelling good.
    IMHO, one can never have too much conditioner. ~Proverb from a PJ~
    Lady Bey of Twilight Cloud in the Order of the LongHaired Knights

I CO most of the time but I shampoo once a week. I've used Pert Plus and I really liked it, but right now I'm using 'poo bars from the local health store.

Type
    2a/F/ii

I use Nexxus Therappe. I blowdry my hair regularly, and my hair is still really well-hydrated. I give Therappe much of the credit for that.

SLS/SLES are usually more gentle that ALS. I believe the main difference is that ALS rinses cleaner, so if you have issues with irritation from residue left on your scalp, ALS might be better for you. But it's a bit more harsh of a cleanser. There is an article around here somewhere explaining the differences, but I can't find it right now! I'll come back and post it when I can find it.
    The voices may not be real, but they have some pretty good ideas.
    Another Girl's Paradise

Length
    <2"/~clsc/uhh..
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

When I use shampoo I use either Giovanni's Tea Tree of 50:50 shampoos depending on what I feel my scalp might need. I'm thinking of picking up the Smooth as Silk one, too, and adding that into the mix. I guess if I do that I'll just never run out of shampoo with the frequency I use shampoo and the amount I use!