Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: For those who use shampoo (even occasionally) - what are your faves?

Length
    CL/CL/BSL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: For those who use shampoo (even occasionally) - what are your faves?

I use Giovanni Smooth as Silk Shampoo and Conditioner.
    ~Renegray Gang Member~

Last of the Brunnen-G kwaniesiam's Avatar
    Length
    bald/mop/long!
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

Default Re: For those who use shampoo (even occasionally) - what are your faves?

I love Giovanni, I regularly use the Golden Wheat shampoo, but I'm almost out and I can't find it, I like the tea tree 'poo they make too. I'm also experimenting with shampoo bars from CV right now too.
    Your neighborhood LHC-friendly hair stylist Anyone is always free to PM me if they have any questions they think I might be able to help with, hair or otherwise!

Length
    Short/35/Long
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by kwaniesiam View Post
    I love Giovanni, I regularly use the Golden Wheat shampoo, but I'm almost out and I can't find it, I like the tea tree 'poo they make too. I'm also experimenting with shampoo bars from CV right now too.
    Anytime someone talks about Giovanni I have to give them this link:
    vitacost.com
    they have *the* best prices I've found for any of the Giovanni line.
    Michelle in middle Tennessee!

Persistent Procrastinator teela1978's Avatar
    Length
    19/34/36
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I usually use a suave of some sort. Currently it's coconut because I like the smell. I'm in a hard water area, and I find that ALS products (e.g. Suave) rinse cleaner than others. I like to dilute and find that I really don't need much shampoo if I dilute. I just moved though and don't currently have a diluting bottle so I've been using it full strength. I honestly haven't seen much of a difference between diluted and full strength (and I dilute a LOT). I need to get a diluting cup or something. I feel like I'm wasting shampoo

Length
    15/20.5/bsl
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I've been using Chagrin Valley shampoo bars for three months (Nettle, Chamomile & Citrus, Cafe Moreno), while rotating them with the Citrus Herb shampoo/soap bar from Cedar Ridge Soaps for the past month. I adore all of those as my shampoo products now. Some scalp issues had me looking for something else to rotate with them, which ended up being the dairy whip from Flower Moon Soaps. I'm now in love with that product and want to rotate it with the shampoo bars.
    Leslie - Oily scalp w/normal hair (no more layers as of 12/25 & back to 18 in)
    Dairy Whip, Salty Dawg, Lush's NEW! bar mixed with Suave Clarifying condish

Happy Little Knitter pookatrina's Avatar
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Poo bars for normal washes, Queen Helene Mint Julep in the summer or if I feel like I have bar build-up.

I like trying new ones, but my 3 faves are Klorane (now it's the quinine one), Pantene Purifying and Vichy Dercos Anti Dandruff. Rotating them is the best way to keep my scalp under control.

Length
    pixie/22.5/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I really like:

Sodium coco sulfate: Kiehls Amino Acid shampoo, LUSH Squeaky Green shampoo bar
    Sulfate free: Wise Woman shampoo from jaynemilner.com
    ALS: Tresemme deep cleansing shampoo
    Sulfates AND cones: Aveda Madder root colour shampoo
    SLES: Inecto Pure Coconut Oil shampoo, Tresemme thermal recovery shampoo (as of this morning it's joined my favourites list)

Hypnotica, I love LUSH Big! too.
    1" (03/13), 18" (05/14); 6yrs off LHC, pixied 10/17, now 22”
    Maybe goals: BSL 28, WL 36, TB 42, CL 50, Knee 62

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by plainjanegirl View Post
    Dove is normally a good one for me.
    Right now I am using pantene's beautiful lengths.

Now is SLS really the main ingredient as in mop and glo and alot of household cleaners? That's what someone in another hair group said recently.
    Pantene Beautiful Lengths Shampoo does not contain sls. It contains als and ales. I put them in bold.

"Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamide MEA, Glycol Distearate, Dimethicone, Ammonium Xylenesulfonate, Fragrance, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Cetyl Alcohol, Polyquaternium 10, Disodium EDTA, PEG 7M, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone"
    http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...80&catid=10341

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    Pantene Beautiful Lengths Shampoo does not contain sls. It contains als and ales. I put them in bold.

"Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamide MEA, Glycol Distearate, Dimethicone, Ammonium Xylenesulfonate, Fragrance, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Cetyl Alcohol, Polyquaternium 10, Disodium EDTA, PEG 7M, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone"
    http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...80&catid=10341

Maybe in Canada it is a different mix.
    The one I got in the U.S.A. does have sls.