Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: For those who use shampoo (even occasionally) - what are your faves?

Default Re: For those who use shampoo (even occasionally) - what are your faves?

If you do not believe how harsh the SLS is try cleaning your dirty toilet, sink, floor with your shampoo and you will be surprised. But the stuff without it is few and far between.

Length
    shldr/bsl/bsl
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Default Re: For those who use shampoo (even occasionally) - what are your faves?

I like Queen Helene Mint Julep shampoo (available at Sally's Beauty Supply). It's inexpensive (it's a concentrate that you dilute), sulfate-free, cleansing, helps leave my hair feeling silky, and smells good.

But I do like to vary things up a bit, so I try other sulfate free shampoos: Trader Joe's Nourish Spa and Trader Joe's Refresh. I also bought J/A/S/O/N Aloe shampoo, also sulphate-free, but that does not feel as cleansing to me.

I'm finding I like doing CWC 2X/week and doing a CO wash or two in-between.
    Last edited by Stacy_E; November 7th, 2008 at 08:26 AM.
    Cut back from waist to BSL--I like here and I think I'll stay awhile 2c/f/ii

hairstuff gallery Stacy's nature photography

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by talullah View Post
    Found it on the archive.
    I had not read that post before although I had read the snopes article and others on the subject. The post is really well done, IMO. Thanks for posting it again.
    Last edited by ktani; November 7th, 2008 at 08:55 AM. Reason: spelling

I use Sunsilk Lively Blonde Shampoo, which is a European formula, by Unilever. It contains sles. It does not irritate my scalp or dry out my hair.

If I use too much, it can be a bit drying but that goes for any shampoo in my experience, and it also depends on the condition of my hair and scalp, which are more prone to dryness for example, in the winter.

ETA: I used to be able to use als and ales on my scalp with no problems. Then I developed a sensitivity to certain ammonium compounds, after using a badly formulated conditioner, that was taken off the market, because it caused one too many negative reactions.
    Last edited by ktani; November 7th, 2008 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by plainjanegirl View Post
    Maybe in Canada it is a different mix.
    The one I got in the U.S.A. does have sls.
    Both drugstore.com and walgreens.com are American websites and both now list the same ingredients for Pantene Beautiful Lengths Shampoo.
    http://www.walgreens.com/store/produ...996#ingredient

P&G may have changed the formula at some point. I know that Unilever does that with their shampoos fairly often.

Here are the P&G U.S. MSDS sheets, under Haircare. The Beautiful Lengths Line has not been added to the list yet. It is something to watch out for though. The separate product sheets should list the current ingredients.
    http://www.pg.com/company/our_commit...y_care.shtml#6
    Last edited by ktani; November 7th, 2008 at 10:18 AM. Reason: added link and text

Length
    BSL/Waist/Hips?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I rotate Rehab and Reincarnate from LUSH with CV shampoo bars (Rosemary Lavender Aloe, Summer Sunshine and Chamomile & Citrus my favourites right now)
    Live the Yoga Life in every moment
    www.yogalife.es

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    Both drugstore.com and walgreens.com are American websites and both now list the same ingredients for Pantene Beautiful Lengths Shampoo.
    http://www.walgreens.com/store/produ...996#ingredient

P&G may have changed the formula at some point. I know that Unilever does that with their shampoos fairly often.

Here are the P&G U.S. MSDS sheets, under Haircare. The Beautiful Lengths Line has not been added to the list yet. It is something to watch out for though. The separate product sheets should list the current ingredients.
    http://www.pg.com/company/our_commit...y_care.shtml#6

I don't research all the different companys that sell it and what their ingredient list is. All I know is the bottle I currently have has sls in the ingredients. But I have not had any problems with it. My hair can use alot of different products without any problems I just know it is good to rotate every so often. And the only reason I mentioned that sls was in cleaning products was cause when I was told that I found it quite interesting and thought others (especially newbies) might too. Trust me the Loreal shampoo that was gross makes a great cleaning product.

And the only reason I mentioned that sls was in cleaning products was cause when I was told that I found it quite interesting and thought others (especially newbies) might too. Trust me the Loreal shampoo that was gross makes a great cleaning product.
    I rarely throw out a shampoo I dislike on my hair or scalp. They make great cleaners, especially for things like pantyhose and fine washables. The only problem I have found when washing clothes items with shampoo, is if there is any colouring in the shampoo, some materials will absorb it.

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    I rarely throw out a shampoo I dislike on my hair or scalp. They make great cleaners, especially for things like pantyhose and fine washables. The only problem I have found when washing clothes items with shampoo, is if there is any colouring in the shampoo, some materials will absorb it.

No I do NOT wash my clothes with them. If it's a shampoo it makes a good cleaner for toilets, tubs, sinks, floors. Conditioners can be good in place of a shaving gel or cream.

No I do NOT wash my clothes with them. If it's a shampoo it makes a good cleaner for toilets, tubs, sinks, floors.
    I do not add shampoo to my laundry, just to clarify. But I do find the discards usable for hand wash items of clothing.

If you find them good for cleaning sinks, tubs etc, great. I have used them for that too. They are especially good mixed with vinegar I have found, when cleaning out a sink or tub.

ETA: To help get this thread back on track (sorry for the hijack, Goose), Aveda Scalp Benefits Shampoo, is great for a sensitive scalp. The only problem I found with it (and this was confirmed with an Aveda rep), is that it can strip temporary colour. I gave mine to my BIL (brother-in-law), who loves it. My sister, who colours her hair with conventional colour, swears by Aveda Color Conserve Shampoo.
    Last edited by ktani; November 7th, 2008 at 02:22 PM. Reason: adjust text